GDT: "THE SPIN-O-RAMA"|Oilers vs. Tampa Bay|11.07.13|5:30PM|SNO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Not gonna lie. Not even going to be watching this carnage. Dubnyk vs Stamkos, lol

The hilite reel will be painful enough viewing.

7-2 lightning.

Gretter

Jul 1, 2013
safe to say Yak won't even touch the biscuit tonight... expect 89 and 4 to play catch leaving Nail out of it

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
I posted in the Pre Game thread that Yak was a healthy scratch. Sorry about that. That's the last time I'll relay info from the two morning goofs on 1260.

And I also take back the "good call" I said to Beerfish. :D

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I wish it was this:

Arco/RNH/Eberle
Hall/Gordon/Yakupov
Omark/Gagner/Hemsky
Gazdic/Smyth/Jones

That Hall/Gagner/Yakupov line is going to get eaten alive. If anything Gordon should be the centerman on that line as he is terrific on faceoffs and defensive coverage. We all know that Gagner is subpar defensively

MCDAVIDISH

Jul 18, 2011
Edmonton
I need an oiler win. I don't care if the playoffs are out of reach, never to late to play good hockey, give fans a bit of hope for next season and finish ahead of Calgary.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I wish it was this:

Arco/RNH/Eberle
Hall/Gordon/Yakupov
Omark/Gagner/Hemsky
Gazdic/Smyth/Jones

That Hall/Gagner/Yakupov line is going to get eaten alive. If anything Gordon should be the centerman on that line as he is terrific on faceoffs and defensive coverage. We all know that Gagner is subpar defensively

A line of Omark/Gagner/Hemsky would make me vomit. I'm a Gagner fan saying that. Omark and Gagner for one are horrible together and get absolutely owned anytime they are matched. To add Hemsky to this is like wanting to see a line fall apart.

Also, to put Gordon between two players that require good service is strange at best. No disrespect to Gordon but not exactly a great passer.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
GDT IS DONE! Sorry for the delay!

1-2-3-F5!

Nice job on the GDT on short notice Rin.

Glad that Hall is back in the line up.

Glad both Eakins and MacTavish dispelled any talk of the Yaks getting traded.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
I thought the Hall-Gagner-Yakupov line would be great, but man is that going to be a defensive clusterbuck.

I'm more interested in this game now that Hall and Omark are in, not going to lie.

jgoud*

It's actually happening. I'm not saying I agree with using Smyth in the final few minutes of a game to protect a lead. I'm saying this is something Eakins has done.
And that's why Florida scored... we really need him off the ice all game. I want everyone back to health so we can push him off the roster.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Hemsky/RNH/Eberle
Hall/Gags/Yak
Omark/Gordon/Jones
Smyth/Arco/Gazdic

I mean, sorry to Arcobello to get two absolute duds, but Smyth is the most useless winger-to-centre we have on the team, including head-down Hall. Gazdic played centre, did he not? Smyth is so bad down the middle.

Captain Catatomic

SuprstitionCondition
Jun 25, 2013
I would go with this line-up instead with the 4th line not seeing too much action save some pp and the occasional shift :

Hall RNH Ebs
Smyth Arco Hemsky
Gazdic Gordon Jones
Omark Gags Yakupov

TomGilbert2point0

Sep 30, 2010
Expecting something like this from the second line.

1452212_10153465965920637_1719108393_n.jpg

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Hall is probably the best north-south player on the team. It will be interesting to see how he does with Yakupov who is clearly an east-west kind of guy.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Yzerman has done a hell of a job with this team.
The Oilers are playing the best team in the East in terms of winning percentage.

Gee...I wonder how this is going to turn out?

My guess is it will be like a microcosm of the season meaning the Oilers will find themselves behind early and the game will be out of reach before the end of the 1st period.

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
Hall is probably the best north-south player on the team. It will be interesting to see how he does with Yakupov who is clearly an east-west kind of guy.

I thought they looked good when they played together late last season (I think Gagner was their center too). They're just good players, and good players usually play well with other good players. I'm not too concerned in that regard. I'm more concerned with Hall's knee.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
012413_flyingv.jpg

Way more like this

Followed by a Stamkos-St. Louis 2 on 0, which will be inexplicably stopped by Dubnyk, who will then play the puck behind the net, causing it to go to the point, forcing Dubnyk to let in a soft soft floater.

Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton
I sure hope Hall is 100% healthy, but for the life of me I just don't believe he is in the frame of time that he's spent away.

NAF

Beauty Fakes
Sep 30, 2010
Expecting something like this from the second line.

1452212_10153465965920637_1719108393_n.jpg

Holy mother of God, is that a real photo? Reminds me of the Oilers worst ever line change against Anaheim:

oilchange.jpg

Not clear which photo illustrates total ineptness better. The Two Sharks standing in front of the net there did make me snort coffee through my nose.

TomGilbert2point0

Sep 30, 2010
Holy mother of God, is that a real photo? Reminds me of the Oilers worst ever line change against Anaheim:

oilchange.jpg

Not clear which photo illustrates total ineptness better. The Two Sharks standing in front of the net there did make me snort coffee through my nose.

Haha it just happened in the third period of that 5-4 shootout loss that the Sharks got robbed in. When my buddy posted it on fb, i just knew I had to save it.

That Anaheim change was pretty atrocious too, but those two guys in front of the net probably make this worse. Buffalo pretty much looks like it's playing swarm D to perfection...:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->