TV: The Sopranos Discussion Thread

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Why do you think anyone has the desire or time to find clips for you? Either watch the show or don't. No one really cares either way.

Ah that old defense. I looked and found none but i've been told there are numerous scenes, why is it so hard to find one? First its there are plenty now its it takes too much time to find

Nice

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Back in the Paulie/Ralph/Johnny Sack feud.

Do you think Tony would really have given Ralph up if Johnny told who his source up?... Obviously Paulie would be dead but I think Ralph survives

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Back in the Paulie/Ralph/Johnny Sack feud.

Do you think Tony would really have given Ralph up if Johnny told who his source up?... Obviously Paulie would be dead but I think Ralph survives

No, Tony even said he had the bigger beef with Paulie leaking info to New York. He would use that as a shield

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
Finished a rewatch. Phil Leonardo’s wife IMO, is the person who orders the hit on Vito.

She kept pushing him saying the church says he has to face it...

Anyone else agree?

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Finished a rewatch. Phil Leonardo’s wife IMO, is the person who orders the hit on Vito.

Anyone else agree?
Tony ordered Carlo Gervasi to take out Vito. Phil took matters into his own hands though and had him killed before his eyes by two of his soldiers. Phil was a convinced homophobe, I don't think his wife had any say in this. If anything she agrees with Phil's world view though.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Tony ordered Carlo Gervasi to take out Vito. Phil took matters into his own hands though and had him killed before his eyes by two of his soldiers. Phil was a convinced homophobe, I don't think his wife had any say in this. If anything she agrees with Phil's world view though.

i think phil was gay himself

the comments about when he was in prison, how he literally is shown coming out of the closet before vito is killed, and the focus on his hands grasping the bedsheets as he watches vito get beat to death

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY

Anyone else agree?
She was egging Phil on. Phil had already made up his mind. He had a hardon for the Jersey crew long before Vito became a known finocchio.

Reactions: The Drop

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
She was egging Phil on. Phil had already made up his mind. He had a hardon for the Jersey crew long before Vito became a known finocchio.

That’s proper Italian which means it belongs nowhere near this discussion. Please, it’s fanook.

Sugo is gravy and capocollo is gabbagool. Lol.

Reactions: Baby Punisher

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
i think phil was gay himself

the comments about when he was in prison, how he literally is shown coming out of the closet before vito is killed, and the focus on his hands grasping the bedsheets as he watches vito get beat to death
That was well played by Phil. Mefi asked Tony about sex between men in Prison and Tony replies that it's different for guys doing time in the can. Interesting choice of words. Phil also went out of his way to tell Tony during their meeting how when he was in prison he wanted to f*** a woman, but he compromised and jacked off into a tissue instead. He kind of makes it was known he didn't engage in gay sex while in Prison.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
The Vito storyline is pretty good from Tony's standpoint. He's contemplating anyway he can let this slide but it's just not going to work. His indecision leads to Phil solving the problem while making Tony appear weak. Tony wants to be more progressive here but can't be.
I agree. Tony also saw dollar signs too. But I agree Tony was trying to be more progressive. Whether that is the therapy taking hold and changing his POV, or he never held a grudge against the gay community, to begin with. Whatever it was it shows that as a person Tony can grow and isn't just about keeping all his options open for money. Really great writing by Chase.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
My apologies. I am Northen Italian, not Scillian. We speak Proper Italiano.

I am a Sicilian and my family says finocchio

Just rewatched. Love it so much. The one pet peeve is that nobody uses the vowel at the end.

The Manicott Where is the damn O

There are a million examples of this nonsense.

Reactions: Baby Punisher

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I am a Sicilian and my family says finocchio

Just rewatched. Love it so much. The one pet peeve is that nobody uses the vowel at the end.

The Manicott Where is the damn O

There are a million examples of this nonsense.
They are American Italian. How many actual Italian from anywhere up and down the boot say gabagool or moolinyan? The only thing Italian about them is the family lineage.

Even when they go to Italy, they could barely speak or understand the language. Paulie wouldn’t even consider the squid ink pasta.

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
They are American Italian. How many actual Italian from anywhere up and down the boot say gabagool or moolinyan? The only thing Italian about them is the family lineage.

Even when they go to Italy, they could barely speak or understand the language. Paulie wouldn’t even consider the squid ink pasta.

Paulie pretty much completely ditched embracing his Italian heritage after returning from Italy.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Re-watched a few episodes recently.Lost count how many times I've watched the whole thing.

But this time it felt different; for the first time, the 2000s truly felt like a different and by-gone era.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Re-watched a few episodes recently.Lost count how many times I've watched the whole thing.

But this time it felt different; for the first time, the 2000s truly felt like a different and by-gone era.
I felt like that a few years ago. 4-5 years ago actually. Mainly because my tastes have changed so much. The world has changed so much too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad