OT: The Soccer Football Thread (USA, RBNY, PL, etc.)

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Lost Ndam in the expansion draft to Cincy. Really wish we had kept him and exposed Meara or Robles. He should easily have been out first option at CB to spell Parker and Long this season. On a related note, Parker's asking price probably just shot up today too.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Lost Ndam in the expansion draft to Cincy. Really wish we had kept him and exposed Meara or Robles. He should easily have been out first option at CB to spell Parker and Long this season. On a related note, Parker's asking price probably just shot up today too.

Orlando City sends centerback Amro Tarek to Red Bulls for 4th-round SuperDraft pick | Pro Soccer USA

I guess the Red Bull’s had a backup plan in case this happened. Sounds like this guy can play CB or LWB so maybe it makes the depth more flexible.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Orlando City sends centerback Amro Tarek to Red Bulls for 4th-round SuperDraft pick | Pro Soccer USA

I guess the Red Bull’s had a backup plan in case this happened. Sounds like this guy can play CB or LWB so maybe it makes the depth more flexible.

Yea I’m really happy with this move. I watched Orlando quite a bit this year (I bet on MLS) and their backline was absolute shit. However, he at least flashed at times - showed qualities that could help in a more stable setting like our system. He even had some stints at LM/LW which speaks to his versatility. I’ll take it!

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site

It sounds like the Red Bulls gave him ~$750k a year, which is more than they spent on their entire back line last year. Good, defenders are undervalued in this league. Essentially they just spent their Tyler Adams money on Tim Parker.

In other news, the Red Bulls picked up Marcus Epps from the Union in some draft, don't really know anything about him, but he's an attacking midfielder.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Somehow, Juventus is in the knockout stage of UCL, won the Super Coppa Italia, progressed in the Coppa Italia, and are 11 pts clear in Serie A with a record of 19w 2d 0L

I say "somehow" because they have been playing like hot garbage all season... like they are not fun to watch. Serie A is THAT bad.

Also, looks like RBNY is keeping Kaku after his agent went through a midlife crisis in the past two weeks. Could be bringing in some talent soon too.... Valot being healthy is another great addition. Looking for good things from the Red Bulls this coming season.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Another MLS season is upon us, Red Bulls drew the opener with their reserve squad on the pitch, tonight they need to score at least two to stay alive vs. Santos Laguna in the CCL. (Mexico)

Tyler Adams is looking very good for RB Leipzig and Pulisic finally got back on the pitch for Dortmund, and scored a goal, so hopefully will be rewarded with more playing time.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
While he's been one of my favorite players since he came over last year, and he's probably the best player on RBNY right now, I think the Red Bulls have to release Kaku. His behavior at the end of the game last night, and his totally inadequate apology (if you want to call it that) afterward... I don't know. It sucks, and it will hurt in the short term, but at least you're not having to make this decision in the midst of a successful season.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
I couldn’t care less about soccer right now. Why should I care about MLS if the Red Bulls are doing poorly, and why should I follow our tantalizing talents overseas if they’re not going to be called up for national team duty?

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I couldn’t care less about soccer right now. Why should I care about MLS if the Red Bulls are doing poorly, and why should I follow our tantalizing talents overseas if they’re not going to be called up for national team duty?

Cause being a fan of a team means you stick with them through the good and bad times? I mean it's not like the Red Bulls have sucked every year. Do they crash out in the playoffs? Sure but the regular seasons always turn out pretty well. They haven't had a horrendous season since 2009.

It's not looking good right now but they have turned it around in the past and won the Supporters shield so who knows.

Personally I don't care what happens to guys once they leave the team. Do I hope they do well? Sure but I don't watch the games or follow them. I root for the Red Bulls and team USA. That's it.

Reactions: New Jersey

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Terrible start to the season for NYRB. The front office completely failed to address any of the team's weaknesses - another scoring threat (winger or #10 and move Kaku out wide), Tyler Adams-sized hole in center mid, or fullback depth behind Lawrence.

I know that MLS is a marathon and you can suck for half the season and still end up in MLS Cup (Seattle). However, their miracle second half runs have usually coincided with big mideason signings like Lodeiro and Ruidiaz, which I doubt that we will see Red Bull do. Instead, they are about to lose their entire backline (sans Parker) and Kaku due to international duty this summer.

That said - looking forward to being at RBA on Saturday!

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad