Slovakia: The Slovak Hockey Transactions and News Thread

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Tomas Zaborsky has scored 5 goals and has 2 assists in the first 7 games of the season and tied second in shots taken with 44.

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Yeah, but important goals nontheless and has had to use his good speed to score them. :)
Scored two more goals today versus last years champions HIFK. The first one tied it 2-2 in the third and the second one 13 seconds before the game ended to get the 3 points for Ässät. 13 total shots taken and three stars.

:)

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Scored two more goals today versus last years champions HIFK. The first one tied it 2-2 in the third and the second one 13 seconds before the game ended to get the 3 points for Ässät. 13 total shots taken and three stars.

:)

What is it with with the SM-liiga and the shots? Seriously the teams seem to get as many shots away as a Slovak U15 league teams do. Or do they just count them differently than in NHL or other European leagues?

Good job by Tomáš though! :D

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
What is it with with the SM-liiga and the shots? Seriously the teams seem to get as many shots away as a Slovak U15 league teams do. Or do they just count them differently than in NHL or other European leagues?

Good job by Tomáš though! :D

I think, they count all shots. Not only Shots on goal (to the net), but also a shot wide off the net.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
Nice goal by Tatar last night versus the Leafs.:) He owns rebounds. Interesting that pre-season has ended and he is still in the NHL.:)

You can follow Tomas on twitter: @Trto90

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
There´s a twitter revolution going on between Slovak hockey youngsters :laugh:

Quote of tonight´s Slovan-Rangers game from Ján Filc after 3rd Rangers goal : "Everyone was juts looking what´s happening and in the end that, which shouldn´t have happened, happened."

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
Quote of tonight´s Slovan-Rangers game from Ján Filc after 3rd Rangers goal : "Everyone was juts looking what´s happening and in the end that, which shouldn´t have happened, happened."

They didn't embarrass themselves which is good.:) Not quite as good as when they took the Tampa Lightning to a shootout in 2008. From reading what Gaborik and Satan said, the atmosphere in Bratislava was excellent and it was a great experience for the Slovan players. Nice to finally have a decent rink in the city.

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
Picture of the night from Slovan. :naughty:

8dbc6a25410aaf6cf5abbb137bf730d8-getty-506266106.jpg

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Also defenceman Kristian Kudroc seems to have had a really good summer and is in way better shape than last year. Also seems a more relaxed and happy on and off the ice.

2010-11 Ässät 52 3 + 9 = 12 130 PIM +12

2011-12 Ässät 8 0 + 7 = 7 12 PIM +3

Picture of the night from Slovan. :naughty:

8dbc6a25410aaf6cf5abbb137bf730d8-getty-506266106.jpg
OH

MY

GOD!

The NHL premiere challenge!

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Has 9 goals and 4 assists in 12 games and is a +7. First in goals and tied fourth in points.
Has 11 goals and 4 assists in 14 games and is still a +7. First in goals, is tied third in points and is first in shots taken with 113 (next has 93).

Dartmouth 02

Nov 18, 2003
New York, NY
Visit site
Yeah, you're reading properly. There really is game on 7 November against HK Poprad. Tickets will be available at http://www.ticketportal.sk/ but I don't think you should worry about that. I'm sure there will be enough tickets to buy also at the arena before the game.

thanks for the reply, and sorry to pop back in the news thread. both the ticketportal and HC Slovan websites seem to be messed up for this game. the ticketportal link takes me to a game in december, and the team homepage lists the game two times, with no ticket purchase link available except the broken ticketportal one. I dont imagine getting a ticket at the arena will be an issue, I just wanted to verify that the date and time of the game is indeed 7 nov, as i am organizing my stay in Bratislava around it. Thanks again.

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
:(

TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie
PIT puts Boris Valabik on waivers.

...on second thought, he could never be sent down in the first place because of his injury. Pens are doing this because they want him to report to Wilks-Barre/Scanton.

Last edited:

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
After being held pointless in three games, Tomáš Záborský is back on the scoresheet today with 2 goals in the 1st period against HIFK. Both Tomáš and his Slovak teammate Kristián Kudroč have been named to the Deutschland Cup squad by new NT coach Vladimir Vujtek.

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
And Zaborsky with two more (one into an empty net) today against the league leader KalPa. So in 20 games he has 15 goals and 5 assists. :amazed:

Ciccarelli

Uncle Gelart
Dec 17, 2005
KHL next season :handclap:

More info on that one? Hope he gets a decent contract in the NHL, going to KHL would be...well, just lame. That wouldn't be a step forward in his career, except ofcourse for his wallet. I'm starting to think the level of play in KHL might be "a bit" overrated nowadays, seeing the likes of Jakub Petruzalek and Petr Vrana completely DESTROYING the league, both of the guys who were only good second liners in AHL/SM-Liiga/Cze Extraliga...

Ciccarelli

Uncle Gelart
Dec 17, 2005
IMO he must prove in the next season, that he is capable to score at regular basis. Or maybe on the WCH. Dont forget, that he was in Rangers and also in Ducks franchise, but only good for ECHL.

Actually he got sent to the AHL, didn't report, was sent to the ECHL but obviously didn't wanna play there either so he came to Finland. He is on a completely different level now as a hockey player compared to what he was when he first came to Pori. He went from a healthy scratch in a bottom team to a top goal scorer in the entire league in just two years. It's completely irrelevant how he played as a kid in North America.

Ofcourse I wouldn't mind seeing him play another season in Pori, just don't see how going to the KHL would be a step forward if and when his goal is to some day play in the NHL.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
More info on that one?
no. It is just my opinion based on facts - KHL teams buy all best players in Europe.. and I am sure that HC LEV will want to sign him. Another Q is if they have money.

btw when does his contract end?

Ciccarelli

Uncle Gelart
Dec 17, 2005
no. It is just my opinion based on facts - KHL teams buy all best players in Europe..

The very best still go to the NHL, ofcourse some of the leftovers choose KHL for the money...Still heaps of guys choose other European leagues before KHL (for example the before mentioned KHL scoring leader, Petruzalek, was only the third/fourth best forward in Rauman Lukko, the scoring leader, Perttu Lindgren decided to stay in Lukko, while the second highest scorer Kurtis McLean opted to go Switzerland skipping the offers from the KHL). So it appears you need to make a re-check on those facts of yours.

This is the last season of Zaborsky's contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad