WEEI The Skate Podcast: Should the Bruins trade Patrice Bergeron? Wiggy thinks so.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
Can't see it happening. As Don Sweeney once said - "Patrice is not going anywhere..."
I do agree though, as a famous coach once wrote, the "core is cracking". But IMO they still have a couple more years (if healthy) at a high level.
To "crack" the core further would "break" it, and force a fire sale for draft picks and rebuild.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
:popcorn:

After Dale Arnold’s censorship on the Dale & Keefe show, Jermaine “Wiggy” Wiggins joined Matt Kalman and Ken Laird on The Skate Podcast to discuss his radical idea in full: trading Patrice Bergeron.

While reflecting on the Bruins' season, Wiggy asked the basic question, “how do you make this team better?” In taking a look at the biggest struggles Boston had last season, one topic came to mind: first line production.
“So I asked (Dale) the question: What about putting Bergeron on the trading block?” Wiggy asked. “You would be able to get something back for him and something tremendous for his value.”

Though, Dale wanted nothing to do with the possibility.

“He completely shut that down. I mean it was like I basically, to the point where I slapped one of his kids,” Wiggy continued.

Finally having free rein on The Skate Podcast, he walked Laird and Kalman through his thinking.

The Skate Podcast: Should the Bruins trade Patrice Bergeron? Wiggy thinks so.
Thanks Wiggy, next year watch a game

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Wiggy is an ex-Patriot TE/special teams player and hails from East Boston. He knows nothing about hockey.
Actually Wiggy does skate an I believe used to play in a league.

I'm starting to think Wiggy was used as a bit of a pawn and the whole thing was concocted by Matt Kalman in a desperate attempt to gain more followers since 98.5's hockey show, which is 1000x better, is on hiatus.

shoulders7

Jan 28, 2009
Peabody

I'm starting to think Wiggy was used as a bit of a pawn and the whole thing was concocted by Matt Kalman in a desperate attempt to gain more followers since 98.5's hockey show, which is 1000x better, is on hiatus.
You are correct, he plays in the over 30 league at hockeytown in Saugus, I played against him quite a few times over the years. Whether you (not you Ali) agree with his take or not, there is no doubt he is a hockey fan.

8thRoundPick

Sep 19, 2007
Sudbury
No one is untradable. If there was an offer that made the Bruins better both now and in the future, you pull the trigger. I think the point everyone has made ad nausem though is that it is highly HIGHLY doubtful that any team would be willing to part with what would be needed to pry him away. So doubtful, that I feel I likely have wasted my time writing this reply.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

Kalman annoys me.

In fact, these days that's true of most hockey media :skeptic:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->