WEEI The Skate Podcast: Should the Bruins trade Patrice Bergeron? Wiggy thinks so.

member 96824

Sure. But the fact that you have to go completely outside of reality to prove the point that “no one is untradable” means that, within reality, he clearly should not be traded.

Very few envisioned Hall for Larsson straight up.

Sure hypotheticals here will be a bit off the wall, but so isn’t saying “I would never trade Patrice Bergeron for anyone!”

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
As much as I despise Boston being a Canucks fan trading Bergeron is idiotic and Bruins will be contenders again next year. Boston is not trading one of their best players and leaders.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Very few envisioned Hall for Larsson straight up.

Sure hypotheticals here will be a bit off the wall, but so isn’t saying “I would never trade Patrice Bergeron for anyone!”

You think a Hall and Larsson swap is comparable to a Bergeron/McDavid swap?

All 4 are good players (...Larson is becoming debatable I suppose), but that’s where the similarities stop.

member 96824

You think a Hall and Larsson swap is comparable to a Bergeron/McDavid swap?

All 4 are good players (...Larson is becoming debatable I suppose), but that’s where the similarities stop.

No, and that’s not what I said.

Point being unusual trades happen. I doubt, actually I know from the reaction, that people thought Hall for Larsson was completely outside of reality. It was an example of that.

Deal Law

I would love to QEF your PFIC
Jan 15, 2006
Bucks County, PA
Buffalo calls and says “you know what, we really need some leadership on this team. What would it take for Bergeron?” Sweeney replies “Eichel and Dahlin” and Buffalo says okay let’s do it..you say no?

No. I say yes. But I'm not exploring trading Bergeron. And nobody is going to come to Sweeney and make an offer like that.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I would trade Bergeron for McDavid or McKinnon, outside of that there are not too many players I would trade Bergy for.

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
Really the only way I see Bergy playing for another team is if the Nordiques come back (he was a Nordiques fan as a kid) and the Bruins don't want to sign him (but he wants to keep playing). And even then he'll sign a "one day contract" to officially retire a Bruin.

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
My friend sent me a clip of this earlier. I loved Wiggy's reasoning of "Bergeron isn't a sniper" and they need more of that.

Just absolute insanity.

To get Bergeron at $6.85 for 3 more years, you'd have to offer way more than he's worth. Just silly to bring up.

The whole podcast was mind-numbing.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
My friend sent me a clip of this earlier. I loved Wiggy's reasoning of "Bergeron isn't a sniper" and they need more of that.

Just absolute insanity.

To get Bergeron at $6.85 for 3 more years, you'd have to offer way more than he's worth. Just silly to bring up.

At least he got to talk about it. Dale Arnold didn’t even want to have a discussion. Because Dale knows better than anyone

Amazing how some hockey media people get so thin skinned when an outsider opines on hockey.

Jack Edwards attacking Lou Merloni’s professional baseball career because God forbid he questioned Rask once comes to mind

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012

Just absolute insanity.

Lol Bergeron is scoring at close to a 40 goal pace over a full season the last 2 seasons.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I'd have to get something pretty good to trade Bergy for. No amount of futures is gonna do it , quality proven players playing in the NHL NOW.The kind no NHL GM is going to give you.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Yes. Absolutely. Edmonton wouldn't. But the idea wasn't "let's try to get McDavid for Bergeron". It was "they should explore trading Bergeron".

It's summertime, summertime
sumsum summertime
summertime, summertime
sumsum summertime
Summertiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
At least he got to talk about it. Dale Arnold didn’t even want to have a discussion. Because Dale knows better than anyone

Amazing how some hockey media people get so thin skinned when an outsider opines on hockey.

Jack Edwards attacking Lou Merloni’s professional baseball career because God forbid he questioned Rask once comes to mind
Does this truly qualify as an opinion?

mflo77

Jul 9, 2002
Visit site
biggest waste of 34 minutes that ive experienced in a long long time. trade bergy for malkin? ive never heard of this witty guy ( i dont live in boston), but my bet is that he has watched maybe 5-7 games all season. MAX.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
biggest waste of 34 minutes that ive experienced in a long long time. trade bergy for malkin? ive never heard of this witty guy ( i dont live in boston), but my bet is that he has watched maybe 5-7 games all season. MAX.

Wiggy is an ex-Patriot TE/special teams player and hails from East Boston. He knows nothing about hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad