The Shootout Appreciation Thread

djboos22

Aho (insert pun)
Jan 17, 2011
Palm Bay, FL
nice post with great stats. even though the shootout should stay on the streets and ponds, we usually pick up a huge 2 points. i wonder what its going to look like when they switch to the 4 on 4 and then 3 on 3.

AvsfanJack

Jun 30, 2013
Windsor
I was sure it would be Dutch-Mac-ROR for pure talent alone. But oh well, we won. Can we finally eliminate the 1 point for taking extra time to lose?

Flanagan

Registered Loser
Jul 10, 2011
St. John's
Decided to bump this thread with another shootout win.

Varlamov has no goals against in 5 attempts this year (only Martin Jones is better at 9/9).

In the past 3 seasons he has faced 35 shots and only been scored on 4 times. That's a 0.886 Sv%. Altitude guys were saying last night that he's the second-best shootout goalie ever (after former Av Marc Denis), but they didn't say how they measured it.

I could only find stats for active players, but among those in the league right now, the only goalie who has a higher Sv% in more than one game is Thomas Greiss (who played 4).

I think it's safe to say he's the best shootout goalie in the NHL :yo:

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I do too. In fact I take pride in the fact that my team was the very last in the league this season to record an OTL point. I believe they were also the team to go the longest this season w/o taking a game to a shootout.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Get rid of this ****ing thread. Literally. Some mod please take mercy and delete it :laugh: Seeing it on the first page pisses me off.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I'm not going to delete a so-called "jinx" thread.

Quit posting in it, and it will fall off of the front page.

Then don't bump it back up!

Besides, I have confidence Varly will get his shootout mojo back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad