The shift to BLuc

Jun 30, 2006
God I hope you're wrong. Thats why Lucky needs to be cleaned out at the same time... we'll go from the 90s Kings buddy system to 100% the Francois buddy system which is already partially in place.
Which is why I think the takeover will be complete this off-season.

Speculation on my part but Luc/Bergevin’s preferred coach is not available, which is why they forced Blake to promote Hiller. I would not be surprised if Luc and Berge kick the tires on Vignault in the offseason.

Jun 30, 2006
This is the darkest timeline.
AEG doesn’t have a strong man, like Lieweekly. DL and him clashed but I haven’t seen Cheesman speak about the Kings. I’m not sure he cares.

That being said, I can see Luc leaning heavily into his vision of high scoring euro style hockey. If you look at the roster, the Doughtys and Kopitars aren’t going to be there forever.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
It would be very hard to support this team/organization if they fired Blake and kept Luc. Especially if Luc is the one making the GM hire. Hopefully when Blake gets fired, Luc is either shown the door as well...or is sent to a whole different room (completely away from team/organizational decisions).

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
It took close to 10 years to get rid of Dave Taylor and bring in world class managers. Blake is on the clock at less than 8 years. If it takes another 2 to get rid of the two headed monster with Luc, so be it. We’ll be right on schedule.

DoktorJeep

Aug 2, 2005
OC
Speaking of LieWeekly (or LieWeakly).. after he approved the rebuild from scratch, I stopped the name calling. That dude hired DL and let him do his job.
Tim L left AEG because he couldn’t make a deal to build a DTLA NFL arena and put a team in there. It ended up being Steve Balmer building SoFi by the old Forum. Now, AEG is done expanding in LA and about to lose the Clippers as a tenant. Again to Balmer.

We’re stuck with the Microsoft theater taking all of Dan Beckerman’s attention for profit. And the ex MS guy is taking all the air out of our owner’s sails.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Tim L left AEG because he couldn’t make a deal to build a DTLA NFL arena and put a team in there. It ended up being Steve Balmer building SoFi by the old Forum. Now, AEG is done expanding in LA and about to lose the Clippers as a tenant. Again to Balmer.

We’re stuck with the Microsoft theater taking all of Dan Beckerman’s attention for profit. And the ex MS guy is taking all the air out of our owner’s sails.
Balmer 🤮 I hope AEG is paying attention to whats going on with LAK and maybe a change is leadership at the top is needed. Hoping that Beckerman isnt a 90s King fanboy.

DoktorJeep

Aug 2, 2005
OC
Balmer 🤮 I hope AEG is paying attention to whats going on with LAK and maybe a change is leadership at the top is needed. Hoping that Beckerman isnt a 90s King fanboy.
Beckerman’s crown achievement is the T Swift revenue. I’m sure he’s still in shock over her jersey being taken down. Gives me hope that the Blake and possibly Luc jersey mistakes will one day be rectified.

Reactions: KINGS17
Jun 30, 2006
Speaking of LieWeekly (or LieWeakly).. after he approved the rebuild from scratch, I stopped the name calling. That dude hired DL and let him do his job.
Yes, to an extent he backed off but it didn’t stop him from trying to meddle. I believe he (lieweekly) wanted to sign Kovy or get a star into the fold. Dean largely placated him by showing Kovy around town and giving him a tour of facilities etc.

It wasn’t a serious recruitment for Dean, in his mind. But to my point about AEG, Lieweekly had some gravitas. He was a serious businessman and a serious guy. I don’t get the sense that AEG is serious about winning.

Reactions: KINGS17
Jun 30, 2006

Lieweekly was blindside fired, Uncle Phil was cutthroat about it.

Reactions: Bandit

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
uncle phil got to be pretty old at this point- maybe thinking about selling?
i heard that luc is good friends with mr. anchutz is this bs?
im full of questions
among other things

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
i heard that luc is good friends with mr. anchutz is this bs?

That would explain a lot

1707521428504.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad