NHL Entry Draft The Sens Pick Tracker is Apparently Live!

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
It's quite clear that not making the playoffs is what sunk the team's ability to contend, financially speaking. I think Melnyk wouldn't have cut spending so drastically had we made the playoffs and he made lots of money.

Melnyk always said they needed to make the playoffs, once they splurged and it back-fired, it was abandon ship.

Bush league stuff.

Yeah but not a lot of teams will make the playoffs year after year, particularly those who can't spend to the cap. The Wings did it for 25 years which was incredible. The Sens did it for 11 years but with today's parity, it's getting hard just to make the playoffs.

Why am I saying that? Because if you're not financially able to support a team that will not make the playoffs every year, then maybe you shouldn't have a NHL franchise. Maybe he should sell and give the chance to other people that have the financial backbone to still invest in the team after a bad year

Last edited:

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
upload_2018-10-13_14-42-15.png

UH OH!!!

What a sad sack of shit if he considers being in a playoff spot an "uh oh"

Reactions: Caesar Rex

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I hope Colorado fans understand this gives us carte blanche to verbally curb stomp them for any future indiscretion.

If you spent any time on their forum for most of the summer they had Hughes penciled in their lineups.

I cant stand them now. So suck it Avs fans woo!

Reactions: branch

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Are we sure this site isn't run by an Avs fan?

What Sens fan, even the downtrodden ones, would say "uh-oh" to the Sens being in a playoff position, giving Colorado a mid-to-late first? Even though my passion has faded to a good degree, I don't want the team to finish bottom 5 and see the Avs bear the fruit of Dorion giving away a non-lottery protected first round pick.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
This is hilarious. Hopefully there will be a karmic reaction for the gracious Avs fans that created it.

Reactions: Caesar Rex

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005

What Sens fan, even the downtrodden ones, would say "uh-oh" to the Sens being in a playoff position, giving Colorado a mid-to-late first? Even though my passion has faded to a good degree, I don't want the team to finish bottom 5 and see the Avs bear the fruit of Dorion giving away a non-lottery protected first round pick.

You're probably right. I just assumed it was a Sens fan since there's so much focus on Sens management.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008

It is.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Just looked at this again lmao. I dunno man. If the shoe was on the other foot I would be calling for the Sens fan that created it to shut it down. It just screams negative karma. I think it will bite them in the ass eventually.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Atleast they fixed the "31th" typo. I bet they never thought they had to use that bit of text.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
They fail to mention in their "timeline" that if the lottery were to be held today, we would actually be involved in the lottery due to San Jose's current position while they wouldn't have shit to look forward to.

Also, his snide comment to the news of Tkachuk's injury pisses me off.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
They fail to mention in their "timeline" that if the lottery were to be held today, we would actually be involved in the lottery due to San Jose's current position while they wouldn't have **** to look forward to.

Also, his snide comment to the news of Tkachuk's injury pisses me off.

Unfortunately it doesn't piss me off as much as trading away your first rounder then on a whim deciding afterwards its time to rebuild.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Watch the Sens go deep in the playoffs this year whilst San Jose misses and wins the draft lottery, shortly after EK re-signs to a freshly sold Sens team, stating his heart was always in Ottawa at his presser alongside new president Alfie wearing the new amazing Senators uniform held at the site of our half built brand new NHL Arena/Cirque de Soleil full time training facility, and then I wake up!

Anyways hope karma bites that team and fanbase in the arse bigtime!

Reactions: Xspyrit

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I think it's actually kind of neat.

Not like we have too many sites with that kind of production value.

For the most part, Avs fans have tried, TRIED to be classy about it.

It's hard when you've got a vested interest in the Sens losing.

The funny silver lining is that a lot of Avalanche fans are tuning into our games and are getting to know our players pretty well.

Hopefully when this whole thing is over with we can go back to normalized relations with their fanbase.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
This site was up awhile ago and it is referenced on the Colorado board.

It is indeed an Avs-focused site made by an Avs fan.

I think some people need to develop a bit of a sense of humour.

Reactions: stempniaksen

Lemonlimey

Apr 1, 2014
Crestone
I think it's actually kind of neat.

Not like we have too many sites with that kind of production value.

For the most part, Avs fans have tried, TRIED to be classy about it.

It's hard when you've got a vested interest in the Sens losing.

The funny silver lining is that a lot of Avalanche fans are tuning into our games and are getting to know our players pretty well.

Hopefully when this whole thing is over with we can go back to normalized relations with their fanbase.

Thank you for nailing it.

There are whole threads of Avs fans scolding each other for dwelling on The Sensplosion, from some sense of morals or fear of bad karma (real thing). But why are we all here, diversion, entertainment, and the Duchene trade is an irresistible story let alone when having a vested interest. As you illuminate, Ottawa is becoming Avs fans second favorite team for sure, with how close we watch what you got going on. Chabot for instance is who Colorado fans drool over the most. And Dutchy is deep in the hearts of any true avaholic.

ps the 1st rounder in the EK trade is a sneaky good asset being overlooked by most. The West is a bloodbath, San Jose could absolutely either miss the playoffs this year, or crater somehow next year (Your Ottawa Senators select: Alexis Lafreniere!) :naughty:

Reactions: NyQuil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad