The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
I don't know how it affected total numbers, but, I know in Ottawa, the attention received by some big public sector scandals made it difficult to for companies that had tickets as a marketing tool for government clients.

I was with a small company, that had season tickets, and, my boss was unable to give away tickets on numerous occassions. Managers were very reluctant to take an offers.

It worked out great for me, because more tickets flowed down to employees. My boss was a huge hockey fan, and, kept the tickets, but, I imagine many other similar companies may have re-thought their purchase, or scaled down to half-season packages.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
I have a feeling this won't pass. In order for this to happen the people who receive those free tickets will have to vote on it. Do you think they really are going give up free tickets and other benefits? This is just posturing by the new congress to make it look like they are doing something. They will have a hearing on it and then it will get tabled and never will be heard from again. They aren't going to cut off the hand that feeds them.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I have a feeling this won't pass. In order for this to happen the people who receive those free tickets will have to vote on it. Do you think they really are going give up free tickets and other benefits? This is just posturing by the new congress to make it look like they are doing something. They will have a hearing on it and then it will get tabled and never will be heard from again. They aren't going to cut off the hand that feeds them.

I don't think it will pass either. Besides it's not like Congress can't afford them anyways.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
The larger issue is that there's a lot more in DC than those that govern and lobbyists.

Far more of the box suites are owned by the DC area's healthy and growing telecoms and defense industry corporate sponsors. The Caps' issue is not a healthy base of corporate support -- that angle is covered nicely, whether Congressional legislation is on the books or otherwise. The issue for the Caps is bringing in the walk-ins off the street and raising their season ticket base from among the masses.

Given how important corporate sponsorship is these days, as compared to overall attendance, it's part of the reason why the team is in better shape financially than ticket sales would suggest. Their key areas (corporate support) are well in hand.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad