The sell out streak reaches 76 games

• Thread starter Captain Mittens*
  • Start date

Captain Mittens*

Suck it haters!

tumblr_m1pllkNDUN1rsrurxo1_400.jpg

http://lakingsinsider.com/2013/11/04/players-sutter-recognize-sellout-streak/

After filling STAPLES Center to only 97.8% of capacity in a 2-1 win over Florida on December 3, 2011, the Los Angeles Kings have since sold out 76 consecutive regular season and playoff games to set a franchise record.

The previous record of 75 consecutive sellouts was set between December 8, 1990 and October 8, 1992, during the time colloquially known as the Wayne Gretzky Era.

christhn

May 25, 2012
But I see so many empty seats at Staples Center, even those right next to me :(

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I'd like to thank all the bandwagoning, dirty-hits-by-Brown supporting, boo-when-a-player-gets-injured, fans for making this possible. Well done folks!

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Suck it haters!

tumblr_m1pllkNDUN1rsrurxo1_400.jpg

http://lakingsinsider.com/2013/11/04/players-sutter-recognize-sellout-streak/

After filling STAPLES Center to only 97.8% of capacity in a 2-1 win over Florida on December 3, 2011, the Los Angeles Kings have since sold out 76 consecutive regular season and playoff games to set a franchise record.

The previous record of 75 consecutive sellouts was set between December 8, 1990 and October 8, 1992, during the time colloquially known as [B]the Wayne Gretzky Era[/B].

Also known as the Easily Satisfied or Dead Brain Era.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Glad to hear. What would be the streak if that Florida game was a sell-out?

My Clippers currently have a 96-game streak. :) Pretty sure the Lakers have a much longer streak going on right now than both the Clippers and Kings.

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
Glad to hear. What would be the streak if that Florida game was a sell-out?

My Clippers currently have a 96-game streak. :) Pretty sure the Lakers have a much longer streak going on right now than both the Clippers and Kings.

No offence dude/dudette but you are one of the most negative fans on here and it turns out your a clipper fan, there is great irony there

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
I'd like to thank all the bandwagoning, dirty-hits-by-Brown supporting, boo-when-a-player-gets-injured, fans for making this possible. Well done folks!

yea much agreed , they are making my son and I consider watching on tv next season, reminds me of the ones who filled up the forum when gretz came, I know we need them to keep the revenue up because they do spend more on crap than we do but its almost embarrassing at times.......

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
No offence dude/dudette but you are one of the most negative fans on here and it turns out your a clipper fan, there is great irony there

:laugh: No need to say "No offence" if you're trying to offend me anyway. The Kings weren't exactly a model franchise pre-2012 so I know the definition of down years without being a Clipper fan. BTW, not being a massive homer = negative? Yeah okay

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
:laugh: No need to say "No offence" if you're trying to offend me anyway. The Kings weren't exactly a model franchise pre-2012 so I know the definition of down years without being a Clipper fan. BTW, not being a massive homer = negative? Yeah okay

Difference between being a massive homer and being negative. I'm probably the farthest thing from a homer, I just don't think the sky is falling if we don't start the season 12-2-0, or something like that.

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.

the point the negative nellies like yourself,kingkopitar,puckchoochoo,etc miss is this is the best time in kings historybar none,these are homegrown kings for the most part, ENJOYit don't sit around trying to prove your smarter than people who do this for a living and for once in franchise history are hockey people. I understand that todays culture is setup for instant gratification but in real life it takes time to 1) find what problems you have, make sure those are not just tweeks needed and then to make the nec. moves to fix them, it has always been said not to judge a team for the first 20-25 games a year, yet there are screams for firing DL,replacing Sutter, trading away guys who 4 months ago were in the WCF and 16 momths ago won a freaking cup because they are only playing 600 hockey, one of your posts in another thread says quick isn't as good without an elite defence in front of him, well no **** who is, but that so so goalie carried this team for long long stretches on his head but that statement alone says volume, how dare he be average 10 games in, there is no team that can play at peak for 82 games in a parity league like the NHL,like your namesake who is the best at grass or clay (not sure which and don't care its tennis afterall) and that is one man to get up and motivated now try getting 23 guys to perform at peak for 7 months,the angels are the best apr/may team around but rarely are they there in aug-sept, like baseball this is a marathon and there are ebbs and flows.......like I said earlier this is the best King years since the triple crown days, IMO the gretzky years were mercinaries and didn't feels as good winning as the last few years have, kinda of like the yankees getting Clemans(sp)....this team is built right and will contend for awhile .....*****ing after every loss and hiding after the wins is comical

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad