The Sedins Were Stars at Best Who had Each Other. Not HHOF Worthy.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Very few people actually watched the Sedins from out east with regularity. I did. They were just good players who played at a slightly better level tham Trevor Linden minus the physical play.

Bure is what a HHOFer more looks like.

If you don't have the big wow factor, you have to do it with career points.

Both Sedins were at .80 ppg or lower and neither even hit 400 goals. Only Daniel had a 41 goal season as a max.

Those are crap numbers for players trying to get in the HHOF talk with no Stanley Cup rings.

And Guy Carbonneau got in with 600 points in 1300 games. So what? Is that your only criteria? Either way you don't run the HHOF and they obviously take many other factors into account. There are many players who got into the HHOF but aren't as accomplished in terms of NHL hardware as the Sedins, who won multiple awards including the Art Ross, Hart, Ted Lindsay, etc.

You also have to keep in mind that the Sedins did what they did in a much lower scoring league than most of the HHOF inductees did and not only that, they did it in the meat grinder of the Western conference where teams actually played defense and had to deal with the absolute worst travel and scheduling situations.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Ohhhh PLEASE.

If Kariya gets in last year then these two are getting in.
Guy got in with two lady Byng's
Top 5 in scoring once
art ross - nope
hart - nope

PPG player (6 30+ goal seasons, a 50 goal season, 400+ goals for his career) who's career was cut short from concussions.

If anything, Kariya's inclusion says Theoren Fleury should definitely get in.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
PPG player (6 30+ goal seasons, a 50 goal season, 400+ goals for his career) who's career was cut short from concussions.

Great then start a Theo Fleury thread.

& stop masking this thread as an opportunity to cry about the Sedins WHO ARENT EVEN ELIGIBLE YET

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
So much cringe in this thread. "Slightly better than Trevor Linden"

In Trevor Linden's best year he finished 35th in league scoring.

Henrik Sedin had more assists in his best year than Linden had points. (+ the fact 95-96 was considerably higher scoring than 09-11)

Everyone in BC loves Trevor, no one considers him close to the Twins as players.

Your desire for Fluery to be in is valid. Taking that out on the Sedins with cringe comments is ridiculous.

Last edited:

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Whatever happened to career goals and pts?

These guys were just good players who had injuries and never won a championship. Always had each other.

Not HHOF Worthy.

Take a deep breath! Do you understand that its a whole different era Fleury had for example 100 p 92-93 was at no 20 that year, mario took it with 160 p with 2 others over 140 p!

P10p

May 15, 2012

Fleury shouldn't be in. Guy was famous living his dream and couldnt stay off the booze. Hot head with a napoleon complex. Go cry a river....

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
They’re a package deal. Whether you like it or not, combine all their stats and trophies and you get a Hall of Fame worthy player named Sedin Twins.

Reactions: Sudden Nordique

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
They’re a package deal. Whether you like it or not, combine all their stats and trophies and you get a Hall of Fame worthy player named Sedin Twins.
Yea, even discounting their individual play, which is a little above borderline on its own, the sheer novelty of the twins is probably something we're not going to see again in professional sports for a very, very long time. It's not just that they "had each other", it's that their chemistry was so incomprehensible together that it literally seemed like telepathy at times. They were special and HHOF worthy, end of

someguy44

Apr 6, 2004
Space Jail
That one.

Tkachuk has done at least 2 of these this year alone.

I look forward to Matthew Tkachuk getting into the HHOF.

I've never seen M. Tkachuk make a no look, in-between the legs, with his back turn, 1 touch pass before to a teammate that led to a goal. That goal was special because of the totality of it, not just because of Daniel scoring it with his stick in-between his legs.

It doesn't really matter. You're just some guy with an opinion. It's not your call whether or not they make the HHOF anyways. Also, this is the HHOF, not the NHLHOF.

Crabapple

Jun 17, 2010
Edmonton
Holy shit. My mom came into my room to bring me a plate of chicken nuggets and I literally screamed at her and hit the plate of chicken nuggets out of her hand. She started yelling and swearing at me and I slammed the door on her. I'm so distressed right now I don't know what to do. I didn't mean to do that to my mom but I'm literally in shock from the Sedins reputation right now. I feel like I'm going to explode. Why the hecking heck should they get in, they're only marginally better than Trevor Linden?? This can't be happening. I'm having a f***ing breakdown. I don't want to believe the hockey world is so corrupt. I want a future to believe in. I want Theo Fleury to get in and fix this broken hall. I cannot deal with this right now. It wasn't supposed to be like this, I thought they were ridiculed outside on Vancouver???? This is so effed.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Fleury shouldn't be in. Guy was famous living his dream and couldnt stay off the booze. Hot head with a napoleon complex. Go cry a river....

He was over a PPG, finished with more points than either Sedin in less seasons, had 8 30+ goal seasons, 3 40+ goal seasons, a 51 goal season, 455 goals total, won a Stanley Cup, a world Junior gold and an Olympic gold. Had the context of growing up in poverty had neighbors buy him equipment and taken to games, was repeatedly sexually abused by a Junior coach when he was like 15, overcame that, was only 5'6" and drafted in the 8th round (166th overall), overcame his later career substance abuse issues and was resubmitted back into the league to finish his career as a Calgary Flame. I think it's a slam dunk. But because a bunch of voters didn't like him, he's been locked out. I say stand back and have some perspective.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad