OT: The Second OT Social Bubble Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanuckleBerry

Benning Survivor
Sep 27, 2017
New Westminster
Saltys is a the staple of Penticton good location, good food, fun time.

Black antler has good cocktails and the food was good service is so so.

lokis garage has some great sandwiches

neighborhood brewing has some amazing tacos and pretty decent beer.

All of these are in penticton.

also when you are in penticton the channel is a great way to spend 3 ish hours.

Wicked, thank you. Will probably head to the channel for a float.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Burger 55 :(
I usually refuse to eat at restaurants that obliquely incorporate numbers and/or the words "bin" or "loft" into their names, but Burger 55 was great when I lived in Penticton several years ago.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Coming for info...going on a CBJ trip, Seattle to Vancouver...what's the best way to get from Seattle? I am having problems finding rates for the ferry

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Coming for info...going on a CBJ trip, Seattle to Vancouver...what's the best way to get from Seattle? I am having problems finding rates for the ferry

The only ferry I can think of is the Blackball ferry line and that only runs from Seattle to Victoria. So you might need to find another way, unless you're ferrying to Victoria and then taking like Heli jet or harbour air or something to Vancouver, but that's going to get very pricey.

Reactions: Fro

Rumsfeld

Oct 3, 2020
Any recommendations for the Kamloops area for good eats? Like pub style to higher-end dining, don't really care if it's good. Pizza, burgers, wings, whatever.

I've been swinging and missing pretty hard up here and I'm starting to come to the conclusion that the culinary situation blows.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Any recommendations for the Kamloops area for good eats? Like pub style to higher-end dining, don't really care if it's good. Pizza, burgers, wings, whatever.

I've been swinging and missing pretty hard up here and I'm starting to come to the conclusion that the culinary situation blows.

You want recommendations but you don’t care if it’s good? :laugh: what are you looking for?

I liked the noble pig when I lived there.

Reactions: Rumsfeld

Rumsfeld

Oct 3, 2020
You want recommendations but you don’t care if it’s good? :laugh: what are you looking for?

I liked the noble pig when I lived there.

Lol, I meant I really don't care what kind of food as long as it's good.

I did try the pulled-pork sandwich from the Pig a couple summers ago and was underwhelmed, I'll give them another shot with something else on the menu.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Lokis garage is quite tasty, Saltys is gross and overpriced, if it wasnt right on the beach it wouldn't be that popular.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
I usually refuse to eat at restaurants that obliquely incorporate numbers and/or the words "bin" or "loft" into their names, but Burger 55 was great when I lived in Penticton several years ago.

My first job after college was at the credit union head office around the corner from there. I think we went to burger 55 on their first day or at least first week, in 2009 I think? Was definitely a lunch time staple. That’s a bummer if it’s true that they are no more.

Bam19

Apr 3, 2008
Lokis garage is quite tasty, Saltys is gross and overpriced, if it wasnt right on the beach it wouldn't be that popular.

ehhh the food is nothing great but it’s good. Like I’ve never had bad food their. It’s a great place to have some drinks and appys.

you are right though it is over priced for what it is.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Saw the Knicks picked Quentin Grimes 25th overall and thought to myself “I’ve heard that name before”

Oh wait…that’s Tyler Myers’ half brother

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
They mentioned on the cbc broadcast that the way it's scheduled, most of the men's events are happening later.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I love the Olympics and they've been painfully boring without fans, even the coverage is boring.

Surfing was great though.

Reactions: Rumsfeld

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Wow...
Don't waste your unmasked time on the Jungle Cruise before Delta strikes full unvaccinated force. It's a cruise worth missing.
A wannabe block buster Disney ride-turned-movie that does nothing like it's predecessor; Pirates of the Caribbean, but with a wasted budget on a low end terrible director, editor, and poor screenplay.

Straight to Video in the days...

3rd worst thing was the music - a pathetic attempt by a guy half asleep -reminded me of Forgetting Sarah Marshall.
2nd worst thing was the editing/story -a poop job on both ends... mostly the rear. If this wasn't the job of 1st year graduates, I am shocked.
1st worst thing was the directing. Holy Crappers, if this doesn't prove a 'shock and scare' director can't do a regular movie - I don't know what does. Plus, he is apparrently set to direct Black Adam to boot.

He is the 'Jim Benning' of directors.."shock and scare" does not a director make. It is the lowest form of movie making. It is easy to scare people - not quite so easy to direct with the big boys, no matter the budget.

Count me out for Black Adam...

My final take: undecided. ;)

Last edited:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Am I the only one who hasn’t watched one second of the olympics this year? I’ve just had zero desire to watch it, and since the Olympics aren’t all over my timelines I haven’t had any exposure to it even.

I just felt zero hype heading into these summer Olympics.

I’m more of a winter Olympic person anyways

Reactions: m9 and Petey O
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad