OT: The Second OT Social Bubble Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Heard good reviews about them. Just concerned about safety. Those things are fast

Had to look up the acronym but at the very least getting hit by a car aside those things look pretty easy to bail on. You could get some bad road rash if you're going fast but should be able to avoid hitting your head.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
That's one of my big concerns with all of these e-things. I see so many people on E-Bikes who definitely don't have the bike handling ability to not completely wreck themselves if something goes pear-shaped at whatever warp factor they were doing when they just passed me.

It was one thing when it was just those bulbous e-scooter vespa things, as they can't really get out of their own way, but some of these newer e-bikes and scooters and whatever else are so fast.
Old school cycle :)sarcasm:):

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
People should learn to follow the rules of the road and customs whether they are driving a car, on an E-bike, or on a pedal bike. I was crossing Mainland Street which is one way and nearly got run over by a delivery driver on a bike going the wrong way.

Reactions: mriswith

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Had some cousins from Winnipeg visit Vancouver last week, took them out and they enjoyed the hospitality.

I have some more coming the next few weeks as well.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Had some cousins from Winnipeg visit Vancouver last week, took them out and they enjoyed the hospitality.

I have some more coming the next few weeks as well.

I had a few friends come to town July 1st weekend, and now another one is coming this weekend.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Man, getting this engagement ring delivered has been a process. I sent it to my parents house, but they are on vacation and I've been working 12 hour days and can't just post up there. Now, it's in Fraser Valley and I've called UPS twice and they don't even know where it is right now. I asked if I could pick it up from wherever it is, and they said they'd send it to an access point for pickup in 1-2 business days. Just tell me where it is and I will literally walk up to it and pay you god damn.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I dont know how UPS is in business.
I can get things delivered from China in 24 hrs, and Amazon can bring things right to my door, sometimes on the same day.

Reactions: racerjoe

Reverend Mayhem

Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
I won't negotiate with Amazon. Horrible company that exploits their workers. Maybe UPS is the same but not to my knowledge. But this experience has definitely left me wanting more. I haven't been given a straight answer and the people are hardly hearing what I'm saying.

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
During the pandemic I've been streaming a lot of tv shows and just finished season 5 of Line of Duty. When I started watching season 1, I thought it would be a fairly run-of-the-mill procedural with a British twist. How wrong I was. The show has its procedural moments and plenty of dialog heavy scenes where suspects have their feet put to the fire in intense interview sessions, but there is also a surprising amount of violence, gore, and paranoia. It took a while to pick up speed but things are really motoring along and I can't wait to binge season 6.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Man, getting this engagement ring delivered has been a process. I sent it to my parents house, but they are on vacation and I've been working 12 hour days and can't just post up there. Now, it's in Fraser Valley and I've called UPS twice and they don't even know where it is right now. I asked if I could pick it up from wherever it is, and they said they'd send it to an access point for pickup in 1-2 business days. Just tell me where it is and I will literally walk up to it and pay you god damn.

I dont know how UPS is in business.
I can get things delivered from China in 24 hrs, and Amazon can bring things right to my door, sometimes on the same day.

Well if Amazon has the product at their local warehouse then same day delivery shouldn't be hard.

With that said, last year, things that I ordered from Costco that went from Ontario and through the Delta UPS distribution got stuck there for 3 weeks. It was quick from Ontario to BC but that stupid Delta UPS distribution centre... Every day they sent a message saying pandemic delay.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Well if Amazon has the product at their local warehouse then same day delivery shouldn't be hard.

With that said, last year, things that I ordered from Costco that went from Ontario and through the Delta UPS distribution got stuck there for 3 weeks. It was quick from Ontario to BC but that stupid Delta UPS distribution centre... Every day they sent a message saying pandemic delay.

Covid - especially the first summer - was an absolute nightmare for logistics companies.

Volumes dropped dramatically at first, and then suddenly went absolutely through the roof, while processing capacity was heavily impacted as none of the facilities or procedures were designed for workers to be 2m apart, and then you add in semi-frequent shut downs to deep clean facilities after positive tests.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Yeah, I had to physically walk in to their warehouse to get it. Yikes. Anyways, I'm an engaged man now. I'll take "something I'd thought I'd never be" for $400.

I used to think like that too and getting married was the best thing I ever did.

CanuckleBerry

Benning Survivor
Sep 27, 2017
New Westminster
Can any of the resident Okanagan posters give some update on the state of air quality out there right now?

My wife and I had a trip booked early next week, but the fire near Oliver and Osoyoos is quite out of hand. The amount of smoke I've seen in Instagram photos recently is brutal. The mainstream media has been awful for updates.

Our booking is in Penticton, but if there are areas with minimal smoke still we may be able to salvage a couple days of our trip.

Reverend Mayhem

Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
I used to think like that too and getting married was the best thing I ever did.

I got really lucky too. Despite marrying me, she's a really smart gal.

Congrats.

Thanks man. It's good to look forward to stuff that isn't Canucks-related. Makes it easier to disengage from the emotional crutch they were for me.

Reactions: racerjoe and rypper

Bam19

Apr 3, 2008
Looking for restaurant recommendations in the Kelowna/Penticton/Naramata areas to take the lady.
Saltys is a the staple of Penticton good location, good food, fun time.

Black antler has good cocktails and the food was good service is so so.

lokis garage has some great sandwiches

neighborhood brewing has some amazing tacos and pretty decent beer.

All of these are in penticton.

also when you are in penticton the channel is a great way to spend 3 ish hours.

Reactions: NomadicCanadian
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->