The Seattle Questionmarks and Vegas excemption

Is it OK Vegas is excempt from the draft?

• Total voters

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Smooth Chayka. Very smooth.

This team is sitting in a very good position for the expansion draft. You've assumed that we won't extend any of the vets. I could see us letting Gogo/Demers/Hjalmarsson and even Stepan/Raanta walk but Gally HAS to be extended.

Keller
Gally
Schmaltz
Dvorak
Fischer
Hinostroza
Crouse

OEL
Chychrun
Oesterle or Capobianco

Hill

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
This team is sitting in a very good position for the expansion draft. You've assumed that we won't extend any of the vets. I could see us letting Gogo/Demers/Hjalmarsson and even Stepan/Raanta walk but Gally HAS to be extended.

Keller
Gally
Schmaltz
Dvorak
Fischer
Hinostroza
Crouse

OEL
Chychrun
Oesterle or Capobianco

Hill
Why won't you protect Hjalmarsson?

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
You're dealing with a draft that's taking place two and a half years from now. Hammer's contract will be up. In fact, we currently have only three players who are locked up past the expansion draft right now. Lots of things can change..... especially with a GM who trades players like trading cards. :laugh:

Reactions: Jakey53

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Why won't you protect Hjalmarsson?
He'll be 34. I hope he's here on a sunset contract but I would not protect it over someone with more of a future.

Would be great if we could sign Trouba as a UFA and let him occupy that 3rd D slot.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Yeah, my assumption was only looking at the players who are in RFA bridge deals, as they will have two years of experience and MUST be protected. POJ may be the only wild card, as he could return to junior next year (I think) and he wouldn't have accrued the minimum number of pro seasons, but I could be doing my math wrong.

Players like Merkley and Cousins would be exposed in favor of any signing that needs to be protected, but right now, we have only 3 players with contracts that run through 21-22 season in OEL, Chychrun, and Dvorak. Still a lot of time between now and then, but the list I had seems to be the starting point for this group, and as we add free agents, some may slip out of the protected group.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
If a player has played two seasons of pro or less then they will be exempt. With POJ and Hayton being in junior this season, they will be exempt.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
If a player has played two seasons of pro or less then they will be exempt. With POJ and Hayton being in junior this season, they will be exempt.

Gracias. I thought that it was only less than two years and not inclusive of the 2nd year of pro. A lot more wiggle room for us

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
To move us to the central was a big mistake.
We will get ****ed without lube and condom from behind.

If we get relocated i am done with the NHL. And if i ever meet bettman, he will get my foot so high up his arse that he can chew on my soles.

I think the Coyotes will do well in the Central. You've got a young team that's on the rise and getting better. It's a tough division but it makes everyone better for it. I believe the fans there will enjoy the rivalries that will develop between the Coyotes and the other teams in the division. I know a lot fans travel from Winnipeg to watch the Jets play Arizona every year. Welcome to the Central. Look forward to seeing more of the Coyotes! :thumbu:

:jets

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Yeah, the expansion draft (ED from now on, I can't spell that every single time, can I :sarcasm:) is gonna make the Yotes lose a good player. Unlike the last time, it will be a good player. But I've said it before, and I think my point is so good, I'm conseited enough to say it again: those teams fighting it, generally just made it worse. Try to not have to many NMCs, OK, and do of course protect the best players possible. But don't believe it's possible to not lose a good player. Accept it.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Yeah, the expansion draft (ED from now on, I can't spell that every single time, can I :sarcasm:) is gonna make the Yotes lose a good player. Unlike the last time, it will be a good player. But I've said it before, and I think my point is so good, I'm conseited enough to say it again: those teams fighting it, generally just made it worse. Try to not have to many NMCs, OK, and do of course protect the best players possible. But don't believe it's possible to not lose a good player. Accept it.

We may not lose as good a player as you think. I was worried that Seattle was poised to start in the 20-21 season, and that is when many of our NTC/NMC players are in the last year of their deal. Since they will be UFAs when the draft occurs, we dont have to protect them. Leaves us so much more room to operate, especially b/c POJ and Hayton will only be in their 2nd year of pro hockey, at most. That actually opens about 3 or 4 protected spots to still sign players based on the current roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad