The Season so far...Part Deux!

Give the whole team a grade...

• Total voters

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Right now this team reminds me a bit of the 07-08 team. We knew going in that they didn’t necessarily have the talent, but they stayed competitive for a long time (maybe until a DiPietro injury? But they all run together for me).

Barzal is a thousand times better than anyone on that team and Lehner hopefully won’t spontaneously combust, though. So hopefully the ingredients for a better outcome are there.

I'm fine with making the playoffs. Sounds strange to say it like that, but coming into this season expecting a rebuild and seeing what we are getting, i'd be quite alright with making a real run even if we end up one and done. I have 100% faith in Trotz. I never realized what a good coach he really is. He's opened my eyes for sure. How long is his contract? I just wanna keep this guy happy so he's sticks around forever lol.

I'm also okay if they dump impending UFA's they aren't going to sign at the trade deadline also.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Trotz IS going to win the Adams..there's just no way he won't. Everyone thought we'd be last place or close to it.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
I will take a different approach. Let's break the team down to overachievers, underachievers, and achievers. I'm just using O, U, and A next to their names.

Defense:

Boychuk O
Mayfield O
Toews O (so far)
Pulock O (considering he is out there as our number 1)

Leddy U
Pelech U

Hickey A (he is what we expected, let's be honest)

Forwards:

Nelson O
Lee O (while he is not scoring the goals from the last few years I think he has done a fabulous job as Captain)
Filppula O
Cizikas O
Barzal O (different roll and and adjustment is going into this, he is becoming a better player overall)

Bailey A
Beauvillier A
Komarov A
Martin A

Eberle U
Clutterbuck U

INC:

Johnston
MDC
JHS
Sbiza

Goalies:

Lehner O
Greiss A

I would say most have done better than expected and some big leaps in there in terms of growth. This team is not a cup contender by any stretch of the imagination and will obviously need more pieces. Considering we were suppose to be a bottom 5 team in the NHL obviously we are ahead in certain areas.

The good/bad of this season with the team right in the playoffs hunt is...

What is the long term plans for our UFA's and players like JHS and MDC?

Whatever happens, this team has done far better than expected and I also like that Trotz has brought up players and given them a shot instead of the Gionta's and Bernier's of the world.

I find this one of the toughest seasons to be right in the hunt come deadline with so many questions in the air. With that being said, I'm glad we have a real Coach and GM leading is into the deadline and I feel more confident that better days are ahead. We have a ton of cap space and a pretty good prospect pool to go along with it.

John

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad