The Season so far...Part Deux!

Give the whole team a grade...

• Total voters

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
How can anyone give the team an "A?" I agree that they have overachieved a exceeded expectations but this is still a league where you are competing against other teams. I would think that an "A" team would be in first place and truly elite. If the Islanders get an A, what does Tampa Bay get? A++++++++?

I give the Islanders a B minus right now.

Reactions: CantLoseWithHughes

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
How can anyone give the team an "A?" I agree that they have overachieved a exceeded expectations but this is still a league where you are competing against other teams. I would think that an "A" team would be in first place and truly elite. If the Islanders get an A, what does Tampa Bay get? A++++++++?

I give the team an A because they ARE overachieving.

Life is graded on a curve.:sarcasm:

Last edited:

Axel574

Dec 9, 2015
Islanders special teams and A don't belong in the same hemisphere.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005

Life is graded on a curve.
Meh, I don't see it that way at all. So a team in 9th place gets an "A" because they are overachieving but a team in 2nd may hypothetically get "C" because they are underachieving? That's not grading on a curve that's grading in a vacuum.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Meh, I don't see it that way at all. So a team in 9th place gets an "A" because they are overachieving but a team in 2nd may hypothetically get "C" because they are underachieving? That's not grading on a curve that's grading in a vacuum.
Different situations, different expectations.

Reactions: LeapOnOver

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell

Life is graded on a curve.

Do you know how a curve works? At all?

If you’re grading this team on a curve it cannot possibly be an A. When grading on a curve, the top performers only get an A.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Do you know how a curve works? At all?

If you’re grading this team on a curve it cannot possibly be an A. When grading on a curve, the top performers only get an A.
Sorry I forgot the sarcasm smiley.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A

You can certainly give an A, when you compare vs expectations.

Reactions: MattMartin and MJF

Finnislander

Nov 3, 2017
I was expecting us to have 15 less points at halfway of the season. Overachieving that heavily gets an A from me.
You give your grades how ever you want, I give like this.

Reactions: MattMartin and MJF

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

Compared to the league vs expectations.

They get an A in one category and a B in the other for me.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
1 Tampa Bay A+
2 Calgary A
3 Vegas A
4 San Jose A
5 Toronto A
6 Winnipeg A
7 Washington A
8 Nashville A
9 Boston B+
10 Pittsburgh B+
11 Buffalo B+
12 Columbus B+
13 Montréal B+
14 NY Islanders B+
15 Dallas B
16 Colorado B
17 Minnesota B
18 Carolina B
19 Anaheim B
20 Vancouver B
21 Edmonton C+
22 Florida C+
23 NY Rangers C+
24 Arizona C+
25 New Jersey D
26 Chicago D
27 Detroit D
28 St. Louis F
29 Los Angeles F
30 Philadelphia F
31 OttawaF
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
Overall, a B, but fi you factor in expectations, it has to be an A.

The team at 5 on 5 has been a high flying A. The special teams grade of a D brings us downa good chunk. 7th worst in the league in both categories is unacceptable.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011

It all depends on how you want to look at things.
I give them an A for several reasons, but mainly because this is the funnest team I have seen since the 80's...

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

As a matter of fact Tampa would get an A++++++. They are clearly the class of the league so far and it’s not even close.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
1 Tampa Bay A+
2 Calgary A
3 Vegas A
4 San Jose A
5 Toronto A
6 Winnipeg A
7 Washington A
8 Nashville A
9 Boston B+
10 Pittsburgh B+
11 Buffalo B+
12 Columbus B+
13 Montréal B+
14 NY Islanders B+
15 Dallas B
16 Colorado B
17 Minnesota B
18 Carolina B
19 Anaheim B
20 Vancouver B
21 Edmonton C+
22 Florida C+
23 NY Rangers C+
24 Arizona C+
25 New Jersey D
26 Chicago D
27 Detroit D
28 St. Louis F
29 Los Angeles F
30 Philadelphia F
31 OttawaF
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Just curious, why didn’t you give F’s to NJ, Detroit and Chicago? I think they deserve them, especially NJ.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
I give them an A for several reasons, but mainly because this is the funnest team I have seen since the 80's...
Wow. That's quite the statement. The season's still young but as of now I'll easily take 1993, 2002, 2015 and 2016.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A

Funnest?

Sorry -- couldn't ignore that one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad