The Schedule Looks Brutal From Here Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
This is a brutal 4 game road trip. If the Blues can split these next 2 @ Pens and @ Toronto, then 7 of the final 10 are at home. I still like the Blues chances at the #1 seed in the West. Not sure about the Presidents trophy because the Bruins are on fire.

I don't see anyone in the East that seems likely to knock the Bruins off. I hope they at least don't make it through unscathed (assuming the Blues can make it to the SCF). That would be a hell of a series.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I'm not going to lie, losing in any fashion to Toronto would be pretty disappointing at this point. They aren't a better team than Phoenix at this point. They are sinking like a stone.

As we speak they hold the 8th spot, but since you all love point percentage, they rank 10th in the Eastern Conference behind both Washington and Columbus. They've dropped 5 in a row, their starting goalie is injured and the backup is struggling mightily (like Bad Elliott struggling) and worse is going through the media to complain about it.

There may not be a team I want to face more right now than Toronto.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Still looking like it is just a fight between the Blues and Ducks for the #1 seed on the West.

We have played 2 fewer games than the Sharks, have 2 more points, hold the tiebreaker against them and have an easier run-in. It would be disappointing to finish behind them.

The Ducks are 6 back, but have 1 more game to play. They have the tiebreaker against us, their next 9 games are very kind (Flames x2, Oilers x3, Canucks x2, Jets & Preds) but finish with a tougher 3 against the Sharks, Kings and Coyotes.

I'd say that the Bruins are the favourites for the President's trophy, but they do have 7 road games in their final 10.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Still looking like it is just a fight between the Blues and Ducks for the #1 seed on the West.

We have played 2 fewer games than the Sharks, have 2 more points, hold the tiebreaker against them and have an easier run-in. It would be disappointing to finish behind them.

The Ducks are 6 back, but have 1 more game to play. They have the tiebreaker against us, their next 9 games are very kind (Flames x2, Oilers x3, Canucks x2, Jets & Preds) but finish with a tougher 3 against the Sharks, Kings and Coyotes.

I'd say that the Bruins are the favourites for the President's trophy, but they do have 7 road games in their final 10.

The Blues just need to bear down and play their game, and be hungry for wins, to be able to finish ahead of Boston and Anaheim. I think that they WILL do it.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas

The Bruins are the Cup favorites right now. They have an easier path to the finals and are playing great late in the season. Its going to take a special effort to beat them. I really hope someone else in the East finds a way to pull that off.

I'm starting to feel better and better about the Blues chances in the West. Tarasenko needs to come back ready to contribute, but I have a sneaking suspicion that he'll be back earlier than expected. I bet he'll play in the 2nd round if the Blues make it that far.

illninofan*

If we play someone like Phoenix, Minny, Dallas or Colorado in the first round, we can do it without Tarasenko.

If LA somehow drops to one of the wild card spots, then it's time to worry. I doubt Colorado finishes that low, though. They'll be either 2nd or 3rd in the Central.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Eh, its an equalizer. Chicago has philly then us on a back to back.

edit: nm...was posted a couple up

We have Chicago one more time, in a back to back with Colorado. Both being day games, and the Chicago game is also on NBC not NBCSN but NBC. Our two biggest regular season thorn's in our sides.

Kreegz2

Dec 11, 2011
You think Colorado has been a bigger thorn in our sides than California?

I don't mean to speak for him, but I think he meant that they are the two biggest thorns in our sides for the remainder of the regular season...

I'm looking forward to the last game of the season against Detroit. How great would it feel to clinch the President's Trophy and knock Detroit out of the playoffs for the first time in 23 years in front of a rabid crowd at Scottrade on National TV? Hopefully things shape up that way.

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
You think Colorado has been a bigger thorn in our sides than California?

Huh?...No, I was referring to national TV broadcasts, and day games.

Sorry I should've clarified, I just thought it was inferred when I mentioned daytime games, and being on national TV.

Last edited:

illninofan*

We have Chicago one more time, in a back to back with Colorado. Both being day games, and the Chicago game is also on NBC not NBCSN but NBC. Our two biggest regular season thorn's in our sides.

Ugh.

Anyone else ready for repeated rounds of that ****ing song? :rant:

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
And now our last game of the season against Detriot has been moved to 11:30ct, from what was originally a 2:00ct start time.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Huh?...No, I was referring to national TV broadcasts, and day games.

Sorry I should've clarified, I just thought it was inferred when I mentioned daytime games, and being on national TV.

Oh I see. Yeah seems like everyone else got it :laugh: my bad.

Definitely feels like we're due for a good outing on national tv

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
Damn. In the OP I put them at 115. I really hope they get there at this point. Now half the top 6 is injured.

JustOneB4IDie

Duel Cancer Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Imperial, Missouri
Damn. In the OP I put them at 115. I really hope they get there at this point. Now half the top 6 is injured.

Make that 7 with Berglund. :help:

Going to root for wins today in regulation the Kings over the Ducks and Columbus over Florida. Then on Sunday for the Ducks to defeat the AV's in Regulation. If this happens The Blues / Red Wings game would be meaningless to Detroit based on ROW and they would finish as the 2nd Wild Card out east. even with a win over the Blues Sunday and Blues win the Central and face the Wild in the 1st round. I won't hold my breath. :help:

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
Make that 7 with Berglund. :help:

Going to root for wins today in regulation the Kings over the Ducks and Columbus over Florida. Then on Sunday for the Ducks to defeat the AV's in Regulation. If this happens The Blues / Red Wings game would be meaningless to Detroit based on ROW and they would finish as the 2nd Wild Card out east. even with a win over the Blues Sunday and Blues win the Central and face the Wild in the 1st round. I won't hold my breath. :help:

There's still some hope left! Wont be holding my breath either. I will give the Blues this, they arent boring.

Bendak

Jedi Use Hacks
Apr 5, 2013
St. Louis
There's still some hope left! Wont be holding my breath either. I will give the Blues this, they arent boring.

never_give_up_Ssz7U_640_28.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad