GDT: The SCF Han Solo juju GDT Vegas @ Bad Guys G4 (Do or have high probability of die edition)

Holtby?

• Total voters

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Vegas has to stop with the "victim mentality." It's not working! They can embellish all they want and it's not going to change their fortunes.

I also have to say that I don't recall any of the 3 teams that Vegas has defeated, resort to this kind of behaviour, on this scale.

I think that Gerard Gallant has been unable to find an answer to Washington's play, so he has resorted to playing victim. That's what it seems like to me.

Did you see Miller's bloody sweater?

And you must have not watched every sharks and Jets game.

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
If you think that was embellishment you shouldn't be talking about who's a 'casual fan'.

If you're going to come to the Vegas board to post this BS, don't bother.

I assumed it was embellishment. I switched tabs to chat here, as soon as Washington scored. I didn't see what he looked like after. Sorry.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Vegas has to stop with the "victim mentality." It's not working! They can embellish all they want and it's not going to change their fortunes.

I also have to say that I don't recall any of the 3 teams that Vegas has defeated, resort to this kind of behaviour, on this scale.

I think that Gerard Gallant has been unable to find an answer to Washington's play, so he has resorted to playing victim. That's what it seems like to me.
Very difficult to embellish Orpik having the puck closed in his hand for half an hour.

Reactions: artificialintuition

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
I hate how emotion can sometimes overcloud my judgement, when chatting here at HFBoards.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
I take it back. It better be a suspension. Any other player would be suspended for breaking someone's nose with an elbow. It should be 2 games. I never liked him because he was a blues player and a few years ago backes and oshie would go after Canadians for no reason. It made USA players look they were punks.

At least we saw them play our style for maybe 17 minutes. But they can't find in the face of any adversity like they did tonight.

The amount of room they are giving us from the dot to the blue line needs to be taken advantage of. I still don't know why they don't walk in 4 to 6 feet and drop bombs.

I just hope they don't quit at home. They can turn it around but they look so mentally weak when nothing goes there way. They really do need the first goal and to continue to hold a lead. They aren't fighting out of a hole.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I take it back. It better be a suspension. Any other player would be suspended for breaking someone's nose with an elbow. It should be 2 games. I never liked him because he was a blues player and a few years ago backes and oshie would go after Canadians for no reason. It made USA players look they were punks.

At least we saw them play our style for maybe 17 minutes. But they can't find in the face of any adversity like they did tonight.

The amount of room they are giving us from the dot to the blue line needs to be taken advantage of. I still don't know why they don't walk in 4 to 6 feet and drop bombs.

I just hope they don't quit at home. They can turn it around but they look so mentally weak when nothing goes there way. They really do need the first goal and to continue to hold a lead. They aren't fighting out of a hole.

It should be two games but I think they do 1 or 0. Oshie out would be such a major story but I doubt they have the guts to do what they should.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Hit to the head alone should cause a second look at it. Add that he got a broken nose and I know a broken nose isn't going to get the same penalty as a broken jaw, but the refs let the caps get home cooking the past two games. I'm surprised it didn't get uglier given the score, the lack of calls going the other way (how did they blow the holding the puck with his hand for several seconds), and the taunting that reminded me of the overtime in the NBA finals. The refs have been universally bad throughout the playoffs and vgk is too scared to push back not knowing if it will be let go or if they get penalized it will cost them a goal. The lack of playing from a lead is the biggest problem. If we are up by 2 goals, they can go toe to toe and the caps would be worried about being put into a bigger hole.

Reactions: Big Daddy Cane

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
I don't think that is anywhere near suspension worthy. Just an unfortunate result. The officiating tonight as a whole though was mind-numbingly bad. That "travel" by Orpik even Lebron would have been proud of. And I lost count at 4 for missed high stick calls. The last of which on Miller from Oshie should have been a double minor.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
This series just shows you that you need your superstars to show the f*** up. Look at guys like Ovechkin, Backstrom and Kuzetov. These guys are all stepping up. Where the f*** are March, Karlsson and Smith. Heck, where the f*** is Fleury? None of these guys are playing like they did last series. Credit to Washington for their play though. They are playing great and deserve the cup more than the Knights do.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
This series just shows you that you need your superstars to show the **** up. Look at guys like Ovechkin, Backstrom and Kuzetov. These guys are all stepping up. Where the **** are March, Karlsson and Smith. Heck, where the **** is Fleury? None of these guys are playing like they did last series. Credit to Washington for their play though. They are playing great and deserve the cup more than the Knights do.

Haven't been overly impressed with Ovechkin but he's been miles better than our stars.

That team also doesn't run through him though, he is a star, no doubt, but Kuznetsov and Backstrom make that team go more than he does. Never understood the Crosby comparisons because it has never been apt to me.

The Duck Knight

Feb 6, 2012
Haven't been overly impressed with Ovechkin but he's been miles better than our stars.

That team also doesn't run through him though, he is a star, no doubt, but Kuznetsov and Backstrom make that team go more than he does. Never understood the Crosby comparisons because it has never been apt to me.

I personally think Oshie's been the Caps most impactful player in this series. All their big guns have been good though AND they are getting offense from their depth guys like Eller and DSP. They've really put on display the holes in our roster. Those being a shaky 2nd D pair and a group of middle 6 forwards that isn't generating offense.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
The playoff board is hard to read. The extent to which the Knights and their fans trigger certain fanbases on HF so soon is staggering. You have arrived my friends.

History is not on Vegas' side here, but if there's something, anything to grab hold of, the last team to blow a 3-1 series lead was... the Washington Capitals in 2015 against the Rangers.

The Duck Knight

Feb 6, 2012
I liked what Tatar brought tonight. Good energy. Might throw Perron in for Carpy though at this point.

Without a doubt the most important thing on Monday is getting ahead early. Playing from behind is KILLING US.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
The playoff board is hard to read. The extent to which the Knights and their fans trigger certain fanbases on HF so soon is staggering. You have arrived my friends.

History is not on Vegas' side here, but if there's something, anything to grab hold of, the last team to blow a 3-1 series lead was... the Washington Capitals in 2015 against the Rangers.

I stay away from the main boards. Since after the SJ series. I don't mind rooting against us but the level of animosity is over the top for a Vegas franchise that hasn't had the opportunity to even develop bad feelings from some of the fanbases whose fans are so vehemently against us.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I liked what Tatar brought tonight. Good energy. Might throw Perron in for Carpy though at this point.

Without a doubt the most important thing on Monday is getting ahead early. Playing from behind is KILLING US.

I don't understand why Perron wasn't in this game. Carpenter was never going to bring anything more than Perron, and Perron has that possible upside if he turns a corner.

I double down on my suggestion that Neal and Smith should switch places in the lineup. I think it balances those two lines better from what they've shown in this series.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
This series just shows you that you need your superstars to show the **** up. Look at guys like Ovechkin, Backstrom and Kuzetov. These guys are all stepping up. Where the **** are March, Karlsson and Smith. Heck, where the **** is Fleury? None of these guys are playing like they did last series. Credit to Washington for their play though. They are playing great and deserve the cup more than the Knights do.

I think you're being unfair. Karlsson is the guy who's disappeared, but I really think he's playing hurt. Marchy & Smith have been creating a LOT of quality chances. I mean I've never seen a team THIS snakebit. 10-11 posts in the last two games alone. I've been a Ranger fan for 40 years & even they haven't had bad luck like this that I can recall. Maybe the 2014 Finals could compare.

I really think we played much better tonight than Game 3. Hockey is weird sometimes. You can outplay your opponent & still lose badly on the scoreboard. They had some crazy good luck & unfortunate bounces that wound up in the back of our net. The refs also did us no favors. Clearly not the reason we lost, but they were awful tonight.

I still give us a small chance to come back. One win at a time. One thing I know for sure, this team won't lay down on Thursday.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9

More inclined to bring Lindberg in for carpenter... unpopular opinion time, but I slot Perron in and take out Haula. Haula in my eyes has been a negative this series

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I think you're being unfair. Karlsson is the guy who's disappeared, but I really think he's playing hurt. Marchy & Smith have been creating a LOT of quality chances. I mean I've never seen a team THIS snakebit. 10-11 posts in the last two games alone. I've been a Ranger fan for 40 years & even they haven't had bad luck like this that I can recall. Maybe the 2014 Finals could compare.

I really think we played much better tonight than Game 3. Hockey is weird sometimes. You can outplay your opponent & still lose badly on the scoreboard. They had some crazy luck & bounces that wound up in the back of our net. The refs also did us no favors. Clearly not the reason we lost, but they were awful tonight.

I still give us a small chance to come back. One win at a time. One thing I know for sure, this team won't lay down on Thursday.

I don't really buy the playing hurt excuse for Karlsson. Many of the plays he has screwed up have been mental mistakes.

He's playing way too timid with the puck. There have been multiple times a game he has the puck and is open in the slot or by the faceoff dot or on a rush and almost every time he has passed the puck backwards away from their goal. That isn't injury related, it's nerves and not having that killer instinct.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I don't really buy the playing hurt excuse for Karlsson. Many of the plays he has screwed up have been mental mistakes.

He's playing way too timid with the puck. There have been multiple times a game he has the puck and is open in the slot or by the faceoff dot or on a rush and almost every time he has passed the puck backwards away from their goal. That isn't injury related, it's nerves and not having that killer instinct.

You could be completely right, but everything about his game is totally different than the entire rest of the season & playoffs combined. Winnipeg had a bigger stronger team than the caps & he wasn't timid, nor did he play scared.

Regardless, we REALLY need him to show up for Game 5. He needs to be engaged.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
You could be completely right, but everything about his game is totally different than the entire rest of the season & playoffs combined. Winnipeg had a bigger stronger team than the caps & he wasn't timid, nor did he play scared.

Regardless, we REALLY need him to show up for Game 5. He needs to be engaged.

Oh I don't mean to discount the possibility he is hurt, I'm just saying most of the bug mistakes I've noticed don't seem related to that.

He could be hurt, but even hurt, he could be giving us more with better decision making.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad