Salary Cap: The Salary Cap Thread | Trust me... nothing has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
Having Guentzel as a C and away from Sid would be a huge waste of his talents.
In what way?
In that it would return Guentzel to his natural position that he's played exclusively until the last two years?
In that it would return Sheary to the Left Wing where he looked more comfortable during the 16 Cup run?
In that it would give Guentzel the opportunity to still play with very high-end talent?
In that it has the potential to spread scoring around in such a balanced way that matchups would be a nightmare for the opposition?

Aside from Duchene, Guentzel is a smarter, far more dynamic player than any other player suggested so far for the 3C role.

Trying it for a handful of games wouldn't hurt in the least.

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
Soderberg for 3C and find a good defensive 4C. Also why break up Crosby/Jake? Jake is not going to play C unless we are desperate. He's also the best winger Crosby has had in his career chemistry wise, why break that up? that should be the last thing we break up.

Carl Soderberg is a healthy scratch for the Colorado Avalanche and carries a $4.7M cap hit.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Carl Soderberg is a healthy scratch for the Colorado Avalanche and carries a $4.7M cap hit.

4.75m cap hit. Which is irrelevant as we wouldn't even consider him unless Colorado was retaining a good chunk of that.

Sodo and his coach have been on the outs for a year now. Him getting HS'd doesn't bother me all that much. Again, this is a guy that put up between 44 and 51 points in 3 straight years before a coaching change happened in COL that resulted in the team being one of the worst we've seen in years and Sodo himself having a disastrous season that resulted with him spending much of his year on the 4th line, playing for a coach that didn't like him.

He didn't suddenly forget how to play hockey at a pro level.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
One name I don't hear about as a possible 3C option is Mikael Backlund. I know nothing about his skating but he has both offensive and defensive skills and he's a UFA at the end of the year. Could he be a possible trade candidate in-season? Calgary has good center depth

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
One name I don't hear about as a possible 3C option is Mikael Backlund. I know nothing about his skating but he has both offensive and defensive skills and he's a UFA at the end of the year. Could he be a possible trade candidate in-season? Calgary has good center depth

Not likely. Calgary is going to want to see a lot more out of Bennett at C before they even consider trading their #2C. And even then, odds are they're going to be trying very hard to re-sign him. If he hits FA, he's going to get 5m+. Even if they can't re-sign him, they're trying to have playoff success. I don't think you'll see him trade their #2C without at the very least getting another quality C in return.

Think of him as a much better version of Cole or Hornqvist. And then ask yourself if you'd trade one of those guys for some futures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->