Elie - Faksa - Pitlick

Lindell - Klingberg
Oleksiak - Johns
Hamhuis - Pateryn

Lehtonen
Bishop

LAST MEETING

News + Notes​
The Stars (9-9-1) are coming off a 6-1 loss at Tampa Bay on Thursday. It was a scoreless game after one period, but the Lightning outscored the Stars 3-1 in the second period and 3-0 in the third.
"This was probably the biggest disappointment of a game so far this year," said Stars captain Jamie Benn. "They pretty much took it to us from the start of the second and took over. They kept coming at us, and we didn't help ourselves at all."
The Stars fell to 2-4-1 in their past seven games overall and sit in seventh place in the Central Division.

Edmonton is coming off a 4-1 loss to St. Louis at home on Thursday night, while the Stars are trying to get their season back on track as well after losing three straight on the road to Carolina, Florida and Tampa Bay.
"They've lost a couple in a row too and, obviously, we're not happy with the game we've played so I think it will be two grumpy teams going at it," said Oilers winger Leon Draisaitl. "It should be a good matchup."

“My general takeaway: general disappointment. There’s your headline,” Chiarelli said after the league’s general managers met here. “We’re almost at the 20-game mark and it’s obviously disappointing where we are. It’s obviously not satisfactory.
“But I see the positives. I do believe in the critical mass of the team. I do believe we’re still in it.”

Last edited:
Reactions: SomeDudeOTI

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
The good news is its Dallas who love giving up 5 goals in a game. The bad news is its an afternoon game, and in Dallas.

This is like a battle of which will prevail. Dallas penchant for giving up goals or Oilers being in a different time zone for Afternoon games.

I dunno, can't pick this one. If ever a game was a must win game though. The road gets harder on this trip from here. Oilers have to have this one.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Another dreaded afternoon game....not holding my breath for a victory but a must win nevertheless. Curious to see if the lines are revamped and how much jam they play with.

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
Selena’s return will be huge... I just hope it’s not too late.

As for McDaniel, a fly explains his “slow” play. He’s looked slower lately. Still super fast, but not electric.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
on splitting up McDavid - Draisaitl, “Possibly, there’s a chance we could do that,” said the coach.
what is it that worries him about breaking that duo up?

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Not sure what to expect. A loss here would be pretty devastating, but not at all out of the realm of possibilities.

Eventually these guys have to start stepping up before the season fully slips away right??

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Well. I am finally there. I am at the point where I consider this game a must win game.

They really need to win 5 of thier next 7 just to be in the position to realistically say they are in the playoff race.

Steep Hill to climb and while there is lots of time the Oilers can't afford to let games like this one be anything other than regulation wins.

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
As much as early evening games fit the timezone on this side of the globe, the performance has been terrible in the early games. Hopefully this will change tonight! GO OILERS

frag2

Mar 8, 2006

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
SPECIAL TEAMS:
Edmonton — PP 20.8% (11th in league), PK 73.4% (29th in league)
DALLAS– PP 28.6% (1st in league), PK 84.0% (ninth in league)

So basically any penalties against the Oilers, are almost automatic goals...

Watch the Oilers get saddled with Peele and St. Laurent as refs.

Reactions: McBeastMode

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
SPECIAL TEAMS:
Edmonton — PP 20.8% (11th in league), PK 73.4% (29th in league)
DALLAS– PP 28.6% (1st in league), PK 84.0% (ninth in league)

So basically any penalties against the Oilers, are almost automatic goals...

..or the special teams start working and Connor has a SH hatty. :naughty:

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
I'm one of the most optimistic Oiler fans around but even I don't have high hope for this game
Afternoon game coupled with an angry Stars team usually means a loss
But go Oilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->