The Sabres Goalie Issues

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
It will be a coaching related change.

Like it or not, Ullmark and Hutton will be the tandem to at least start next year again.

Botts brought in Hutton as a well respected veteran and is not going to give up on him after one up and down year with still 2 years left on his contract.

Ullmark is one of the two hopes for goalie of the future in the system right now and the other is not ready. They will want to give him more than 1 year to prove he can become something at this level too.

I would honestly be pretty shocked if they aren't our goalies on opening night next year.

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
I’m okay with Ullmark getting another chance next season, but he has been brutal in the last few months.

I’ve never seen an nhl goalie consistently give up as many soft goals as he has this season.

Tatre

Jan 12, 2019
I generally trust Hutton more right now, but he's gonna start showing his age soon. He's good at playing the puck and doesn't roam at inopportune times anymore.
To my untrained eye, Ullmark has looked off for months because he might be trying a style that doesn't really fit him. He's still young, and neither of them are getting a lot of help every night.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Among all our issues, I believe that goaltending is the least pressing currently.

A different system --- specifically one that actually calls for defensemen to be the player nearest the goalie at most times -- should do wonders for Hutton and Ullmark. Yeah, they let in a softie here and there -- but, that'll happen with any goalie who's not top 5/10. Ride it out with these 2 next year and see how 6K develops.

Reactions: Sabreality

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
The goalies were envious of Eichel's bike so they got their own.

hopworks_beerbike.jpg

Buffalo Norsemen

Mar 7, 2019
Sportsplex
From islanders game... Note to Sabre's the league has scouting reports and film on your goalies why don't you try to fix their weaknesses?

Last edited:

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Considering all our goalies deteriorate I think it’s on the coach, not the goalies. Fire that guy into the sun.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Hutton has been fine in nearly every game he has played its Ullmark that has been either terrible or a wall. Overall the team defense is pathetic so most of the time its not even their fault...don't we still give up the most shots in the slot for any team? Opposing PPs literally just put someone in front of net and they somehow get a clean pass right to them and get point blank opportunities as if the Sabres have no f***ing idea how to play defense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad