The Sabres are one of the best teams in the league, and Jack Eichel still doesn’t get any love

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
Could Jack Eichel score more than 60 points without Jeff Skinner on his wing?

Skinner is this decade's Milan Hejduk. A winger who is responsible for all of the success of the centre (Eichel or Sakic). Yet the winger gets overlooked due to east coast Canadian bias

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site

Skinner is this decade's Milan Hejduk. A winger who is responsible for all of the success of the centre (Eichel or Sakic). Yet the winger gets overlooked due to east coast Canadian bias

So you're saying that Sakic was carried (or propped up) by Hejduk? Just want to make my sarcasm detector isn't broken.

And it's odd that you fail to mention the Eichel was effectively a PPG player (.95) before playing with Skinner on TERRIBLE teams.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010

considering he scored more than 60 points last year(in 67 games) while Skinner was on the Hurricanes i'm gonna have to agree,doubt he could even top 50 to be honest

Washed Up 29YearOld

Bro Do You Even Hockey?
Apr 29, 2018
Buffalo NY
Eichel generates all of the offence, offensively he's the one carrying this team. Eichel has significantly higher PPG than Skinner as a true two-way center to a winger. Skinner's just the triggerman who gets open

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
So you're saying that Sakic was carried (or propped up) by Hejduk? Just want to make my sarcasm detector isn't broken.

And it's odd that you fail to mention the Eichel was effectively a PPG player (.95) before playing with Skinner on TERRIBLE teams.

Obviously Sakic wasn't propped up by Hejduk before Hejduk began his NHL career. But by about 2000 Hejduk was leading the league in scoring.

Reactions: PopaneNightscare

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
He's talked about quite a lot on these boards....though Dahlin has sort of taken the spotlight from him for this year.

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
I think it's a bit early to call the Sabres one of the best teams in the league. I definitely think they'll be there one day in the near future, but I'm not sure if this hot streak they've been riding recently is their arrival just yet. That being said, it's definitely true that Eichel doesn't get the credit that he deserves. He's an elite talent and Buffalo is lucky to have him.

Reactions: Tage2Tuch

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
He's elite, future top 10 C in the league. His play away from the puck could get better along with his compete level at all times but other than that, he's got an elite skillset and physical tools.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008

That's giving skinner too much credit. Hejduk was a beast

Reactions: LatvianTwist

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.

Sakic didn't need Hejduk to produce well and Eichel doesn't need Skinner to produce well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad