The Ryan White thread

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
My God, has he been terrible this year. I thought he'd be a good one when he was first called up a few seasons ago, but seemed to regress over the past two years. He shouldn't play another NHL game this season, in my opinion.

kassian

Sep 27, 2010
Montreal
Well, with the misconduct he's got tonight and the uselessness he's shown since he took those dumb penalties (against Ott and such), I don't think he'll see another minute of ice time this season.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
This.

/thread

Why do you have to be so cruel , now no one will post in this thread :sarcasm: .

Seriously though assuming we are healthy this must be lineup for playoffs :

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Eller - Ryder
Bourque - Desharnais - Gionta
Prust - Halpern - Moen

Subban - Markov
Diaz - Gorges
Drewiske - Bouillon

If Emelin comes back by some miracle :

Subban - Gorges
Markov - Emelin
Diaz - Bouillon
Drew
(This D gives me so much more confidence)

Last edited:

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
he's just made a few costly mistakes in a shortened season and does not have the time redeem himself.

He's got an NHL career ahead of him. He's a good skater for a 4th line guy and if we don't want him some other team will grab him.

WakeUpNHL

Mar 9, 2011
Montreal
Give the guy a break... he is trying hard... just having some brain cramps.

At least he had a hit for his limited ice time.. more that I can say for Moen, Bourque, Gionta and Desi Arnaz.

WakeUpNHL

Mar 9, 2011
Montreal
he's just made a few costly mistakes in a shortened season and does not have the time redeem himself.

He's got an NHL career ahead of him. He's a good skater for a 4th line guy and if we don't want him some other team will grab him.

Exactly this... he could be useful, especially on a team that is mostly soft as butter.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
He has all the tools to be a good bottom line guy. Unfortunately he seems to have no idea how to get involved physically without overdoing it, it's either all or nothing with him.

Apparently he was called in for a visit with Shanahan. Looks like it's going to be a lengthy suspension for him. Could be the end of his Habs career, which we could regret.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
He just needs to be smarter. I like his intentions because he knows his role but damn.. every time he tries to create something, he puts his team in trouble.

Moen is Gone

@MoeninGlory
Feb 13, 2007
Grenoble
twitter.com
Come on guys, it's just bad luck

badluckryan_zps0501334e.jpg

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
He's Tom Pyatt with a bit of sandpaper but challenged by both a poor hockey sense and even poorer judgment. He's looked good these last 2 years because he was an up-and-comer and Habs had nothing better on the roster, but with better management, if there's no one ready to take his spot, Bergevin will shop or trade for a better player this summer.

Dime-a-dozen player. He's gone.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
White still has more fire than Moen and all the losers we have on the fourth line. He just needs to be smarter.

I would like a line of Blunden-White-Dumont. Just send them to start things up.

kassian

Sep 27, 2010
Montreal
White still has more fire than Moen and all the losers we have on the fourth line.

qft.

What's with the name calling, though? Here we are, having lost two games in a row, and it seems like people are starting to turn on the team. I'm just grateful this team's in the playoffs, after what happened last season... let alone the fact that they're pretty much at the top of the standings.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
He's Tom Pyatt with a bit of sandpaper but challenged by both a poor hockey sense and even poorer judgment. He's looked good these last 2 years because he was an up-and-comer and Habs had nothing better on the roster, but with better management, if there's no one ready to take his spot, Bergevin will shop or trade for a better player this summer.

Dime-a-dozen player. He's gone.

agreed, althout I think Pyatt would be more useful to the Habs ;)

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
I think he has played his last game for the habs.
he will be sent down and then traded off season.
MT said it. They had to talk to him, then they had to sit him, then they had to WARN him, and NOW?

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
The play on huskins was an accident. Hope he's not suspended, his speed is useful and I like the guy.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Why do you have to be so cruel , now no one will post in this thread :sarcasm: .

Seriously though assuming we are healthy this must be lineup for playoffs :

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Eller - Ryder
Bourque - Desharnais - Gionta
Prust - Halpern - Moen

Subban - Markov
Diaz - Gorges
Drewiske - Bouillon

I see what you did with Plekanec, which is fine, but the Eller line needs a better defensive player than Ryder, switch him with Gionta, or switch him with Gallagher and then switch Eller with Prust and give Eller the defensive missions with Halpern and Moen.

Figaro95*

Ain't throwing him under the bus, he's having a rough year.

Wasn't a great hit and will be suspended for it. In saying that tho.. never left his feet, wasn't an elbow, and Huskin seems to stretch out his upper body/lowering his head while he's making the pass. Poorly timed hit on Whitey tho, been to much of an eager beaver all year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad