The Ryan O’Reilly Discussion Quarantine Zone [All ROR Posts Here] (Mod Notes OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfoote

Jan 6, 2013
One has been a healthy scratch twice, and the other should be in the press box most nights.
You mean except the nights he scores two goals in a period ? Tell us through your crystal ball which nights he'll score so he isn't scratched.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
2 goals already tonight. 10 goals, 13 assists in 16.5 games. What a detriment to his team.
I would love to have that player on this team, all else being equal. I don't think that would have been the case, though. He needed a change of scenery, and I am glad he is doing well in STL.

Reactions: Heretic

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
we're winning, thats really all that we need to say. Get over it

We’re winning because it’s a completely different team than last year. Goaltending, Skinner, Dahlin, Sheary, Bogo healthy. I’m not down on the team or anything so I don’t know why you’re acting like I am.

If you want to make an argument for the ROR trade to be a good trade, all I ask is to make a DECENT argument. Saying, “I will take winning” is like talking to a 3 year old trying to comprehend hockey. One player doesn’t win or lose games on a consistent basis.

On top of that, if you think replacing Tage Thompson with ROR on our team doesn’t make us better, I don’t know what to say.

The guy is absolutely killing it and we traded a dollar away for 3 nickels and a quarter. It’s frustrating. It doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy a Sabres win.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Awesome argument.
That is the only argument that matters. I bet they will get fed up with listening about we/I need to get better this season with ROR on their roster. Guy is a career loser, putting anyone to center Tarasenko will result in points. Doesnt mean ROR will ever win jack shit with his attitude and mentality. Glad hes gone and we got somewhat reasonable pieces back to fill roster voids and help with the future cap crunch.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
If the sabres still have O’Rielly, they aren’t signing Skinner this offseason. Removing him makes that entirely possible. We need a Jeff Skinner more than we need an ROR.

Reactions: Rasmus CacOlainen

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
That is the only argument that matters. I bet they will get fed up with listening about we/I need to get better this season with ROR on their roster. Guy is a career loser, putting anyone to center Tarasenko will result in points. Doesnt mean ROR will ever win jack **** with his attitude and mentality. Glad hes gone and we got somewhat reasonable pieces back to fill roster voids and help with the future cap crunch.
Oh, It’s the only pint that matters! Guys there are no other points. No need to talk about any other ones. Every player on teams that win are better than every player on teams that lose. Just facts.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
If the sabres still have O’Rielly, they aren’t signing Skinner this offseason. Removing him makes that entirely possible. We need a Jeff Skinner more than we need an ROR.
I don't know how you come to this conclusion.
ROR cap=Berglund+Svobotka next season; after that its Berglund for the same years as ROR.
Next and the season after many of the bad vet contracts come off the books.
Skinner could have been resigned.
Who wouldn't have been interested in the next locker cleanout monologue?
To ROR or not to ROR

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
The question nobody wants to answer is, why would Buffalo want to get rid off ROR then?
I think a lot of it has to do with Pegula being offended, if not enraged, by ROR's end of season comments. Now I get Peguala being angry -- the assets given up to COL to acquire him, the juicy contract, hiring his moron brother -- all played into the Pegula feeling slighted when ROR expressed doubt and frustration after a horrific season. But for a guy who has frittered away tens of millions on bad contracts, the sudden imperative to force a trade before the 7.5 million bonus payout seemed all to personal and vindictive, which I think ultimately caused the return to be sub-par.

Reactions: Punished ROR

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
For on-ice contribution only, the trade is an unmitigated disaster. But maybe he just had to go.
Edited:
Buffalo isn’t for everybody

Last edited:

SatanwasaSlovak

Jan 18, 2013
Malmö, Skåne
I think a lot of it has to do with Pegula being offended, if not enraged, by ROR's end of season comments. Now I get Peguala being angry -- the assets given up to COL to acquire him, the juicy contract, hiring his moron brother -- all played into the Pegula feeling slighted when ROR expressed doubt and frustration after a horrific season. But for a guy who has frittered away tens of millions on bad contracts, the sudden imperative to force a trade before the 7.5 million bonus payout seemed all to personal and vindictive, which I think ultimately caused the return to be sub-par.
Why does it have to be just Pegula? What about Botterill, Housley, his teammates etc? Who knows but all we know, they wanted him gone for some reason.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Then that's some damn good depth. What is it about his game that you hate so much? He isn't flashy at all and doesn't bring a lot of offense but he's a smart player who knows where to be out there. Very strong on the puck. Certainly not the absolute anchor you have been making him out to be since July
Not sure how you took good depth from that? Depth is meaningless if it's not quality.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
They must have a pretty good team then if the 13th best forward scores two goals in a period.
Because one game makes up for 17 so far and we might as well just throw away the rest of the games because Sobotka scored 2 goals in a random game in Novemeber.

Do you remember when Deslaurier had that one game where he scored 2 goals.

I dont remember you banging the drums of how great he was then.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
The thread has gone into an unpleasant cycle of the same few arguments after every good or bad STL result. Unless and until there's some meaningful new development to discuss, I think we've said it all here.

Reactions: Graves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->