Post-Game Talk: The Russian Bear Wakes Up - Pens Win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
+CDS pulling ahead of Jarry, and it’s not close. The record should speak for itself

Yeah. I mean, I think a goalie's record is much less of an important stat than GAA and Save %, but I agree with you. Substantially higher S% and a full goal lower in GAA. Not to mention perfect in the SO thus far.

The Sodfather

Jan 19, 2021
Pittsburgh, Pa.
- I don’t know if ZAR got faster or watching McCann be so useless has lowered my expectations for a competent third liner, but I didn’t hate him tonight.

- Barzal

That’s about all I got.

Agree. McCann shows flashes of brilliance but really doesn't do enough of the little things or do them well enough for a bottom six forward. IF you aren't going to score, at least be a miserable prick to play against.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
we got the first line and sort of third....the fourth still need one tough fast player
CDS was really good, thats the kind of performance you want, roll with him, he started shaky but really settle down as the game went on...Jarry should be back up
POJ is just getting jinxed , he'll be OK!
Something was wrong with Geno, he was just stumbling there, these long breaks don't work for him, he should be Ok on Saturday...

Reactions: Kristopher Letang

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Tbh. Matheson was very good tonight IMO.

If he can round out his game to be that most nights and start chipping in some goals, I’m good.

Yeah to be honest, he's been quite good in his own end. Hopefully we get some bombs from the point and some dynamic rushes up ice to justify the contract.

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
POJ crashing down to Earth in a big way.

Then again he is being asked to play a much bigger assignment than he should at this juncture.

Petts should be back soon.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
POJ crashing down to Earth in a big way.

Then again he is being asked to play a much bigger assignment than he should at this juncture.

Petts should be back soon.
Agreed! POJ experiencing some growing pains. But he has a good tool chest and overall we should be pleased in what we're seeing.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Russian bear+
BigheartedWiltedCockatoo-small.gif

ZAR, the sun did come out...+
NJVBEYS.gif

99 Rusty balloons...
QCGX4xz.gif

Captain my captain+
Cmz9cMm.gif

DeMoose...+
Sd48MTi.gif

Overall, they pulled one out of their butts... Not going to be negative...

This needs to be used...more often...I should have posted one for the OT.

LGP...!
AAD8SLU.gif

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Russian bear+
BigheartedWiltedCockatoo-small.gif

ZAR the sub did come out...+
NJVBEYS.gif

99 Rusty balloons...
QCGX4xz.gif

Captain my captain+
Cmz9cMm.gif

DeMoose...+
Sd48MTi.gif

Overall, they pulled one out of their butts... Not going to be negative...

This needs to be used...more often...I should have posted one for the OT.

LGP...!
AAD8SLU.gif
NOICE!!!!

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Dare I suggest that ZAR and Zucker trade lines? Zucker has been that bad and ZAR has a little swag out there

I don't love Zucker either for the price we paid.

But Geno was Geno's problem tonight. He was as bad as he was in the first couple of games this year.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Ceci and Ruh weren't bad either. I give Ruh a ton of credit playing on his offside like that cannot be easy. One thing about Ceci, he'll shoot the damn puck. And while his execution isn't always good. I like his effort.

Also good to hear. IIRC, Ceci had a rough game the other night vs the Isles, but as I've mentioned before, I think he's actually been decent thus far. Certainly better than I expected. Does it continue? I don't know, but I'm fine with him so far based on expectations.

I've always though Ruhwedel is a solid 7D and a serviceable bottom pairing guy. Far from ideal, but I think he's ok. Also, I think people tend to forget he was a regular on the last Pens team that was a legit contender, the 2017-18 team.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Also good to hear. IIRC, Ceci had a rough game the other night vs the Isles, but as I've mentioned before, I think he's actually been decent thus far. Certainly better than I expected. Does it continue? I don't know, but I'm fine with him so far based on expectations.

I've always though Ruhwedel is a solid 7D and a serviceable bottom pairing guy. Far from ideal, but I think he's ok. Also, I think people tend to forget he was a regular on the last Pens team that was a legit contender, the 2017-18 team.
I'd ''like'' your post but I'm on probation. Much love!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->