The Rochester Americans have clinched a spot in the 2019 Calder Cup Playoffs

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC

We desperately need some good news around here so here it is. Despite being rattled by injuries and callups, the Amerks are still winning and have just punched their playoff ticket. They are the 5th team in the AHL to clinch a playoff spot and currently sit 1 point behind Syracuse for 1st in the North Division. Seeding is not set in stone however, the Amerks play Syracuse three more times before the end of the season including a home and home next weekend.

For those of you that don't hang out in the Amerks thread and might not know, I do my best to stream every Amerks game when I can so you can catch the games there. I'll be doing the same for the playoffs when I'm not going to the games heh, which tickets for will go on sale in probably 2 weeks or so. Amerks playoff tickets are traditionally 15-30 bucks so those looking to go won't have to worry about expensive tickets. Their opponent in the playoffs could be one of three teams as the 4th seed is still very much up in the air. Those teams are Toronto, Cleveland, and Belleville (who the Amerks traditionally don't do well against). As the NHL season comes to in end in a week you can expect Pilut, Olofsson, Nylander, and Borgen to come back and be a major boost for the playoffs. We're hoping Zach Redmond will be fully recovered by then as well.

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
I’m slightly naive when it comes to movement of players up and down but could Buffalo send down Mittlestadt and Dahlin to get playoff experience?

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
I’m slightly naive when it comes to movement of players up and down but could Buffalo send down Mittlestadt and Dahlin to get playoff experience?
No, they weren't a paper transaction before the trade deadline. I don't think they should go down anyways, they've been playing all season in Buffalo and look pretty good, so they'll play in the World Championship instead.

Reactions: Paxon

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
giphy.gif

Reactions: Gabrielor

BuffaloGooner

Sep 8, 2011
Sloan, NY
Very excited for this Amerks team. This is the year they finally escape past the first round and hopefully do tons of damage deep in the playoffs.

Reactions: Paxon

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
The farm team goes deep into the playoffs and the parent team can’t fight its way out of a paper bag.
Strange times.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Very excited for this Amerks team. This is the year they finally escape past the first round and hopefully do tons of damage deep in the playoffs.
Legit good team with contributing, talented prospects and some really good vets. They haven't really had both together in a while.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015

They could have sent Dahlin down if they had done what they did with Thompson and assigned him on paper before the deadline. But that would have been ridiculous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->