The road to the playoffs: Who will be our opponent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
How lucky did we get with Crosby and Malkin?

Not only 2 of the best, but treat the regular season as a tune up for the playoffs.

While we see the caps and AO continuing to chase regular season achievements. Nothing wrong with that of course, if you can keep up that play in the postseason. Thats the problem.

How many times were fans pissed because we didnt have Malkin or Crosby out there at the end of games to chase personal achievements? But they dont care.

Im watching this Caps game and AO has 13 shots. Lol. Missing about 5 more on net. And then in the playoffs he doesnt come close to that. I would have thought they learned by now..but glad they didnt.

GregR

Mar 4, 2002
The Flyers penalty kill is atrocious and there will be a lot of power plays for both clubs given the nature of the series. It wasn't an accident the Pens scored five against them all four games.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I just cannot believe NJ and CBJ said "No way. **** Pittsburgh. I'll take my chances elsewhere." I cannot believe that.

I'm with you.

Well, I'm with you by half.

I get Columbus wanting no part of the Pens.

New Jersey . . . Pens, Caps, Bolts, or Bruins? Look, I know we're the champs and that the playoffs are a different animal, but we're vulnerable to a team like that regardless, perhaps more vulnerable to the Devils than the Caps, Bolts, or Bruins would be.

That said, I do get the Devils thinking on one level. They're going to be a huge underdog regardless. They're playoff entry was secure. Best not to risk Hall in a game where the Caps were dressing anyone anyway.

EDIT: Bolts just tied it up with Carolina . . . and the Blue Jackets scored.

Reactions: BoninoBoninoBonino

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
You mean Ian “Lidstrom” Cole?

Found Ian Cole’s diary

6428356.jpg

NastyNick

Sep 7, 2007
Pittsburgh
The whole situation with Washington is just so hilarious. Jersey sat its best players.. and the Caps played theres. One team actually had something meaningful to play for.. and the other didn't. The Caps just don't have the mindset to compete in the playoffs. What happened to Chicago last year when they went chasing after Panarin's bonus?

Its so happening again. You can see it coming a mile away.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I just cannot believe NJ and CBJ said "No way. **** Pittsburgh. I'll take my chances elsewhere." I cannot believe that.
I totally get CBJ not wanting to play us, 100%. We are so in their heads. It was the smart move by them. For the sake of not ruining Bob forever, they are much better off elsewhere.

Devils?? Wow, that is crazy. They are actually saying, "yeah, we'll go Atlantic way. Boston, Tampa, Leafs...... let's take that road." That is surprising to me.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'm with you.

Well, I'm with you by half.

I get Columbus wanting no part of the Pens.

New Jersey . . . Pens, Caps, Bolts, or Bruins? Look, I know we're the champs and that the playoffs are a different animal, but we're vulnerable to a team like that regardless, perhaps more vulnerable to the Devils than the Caps, Bolts, or Bruins would be.

That said, I do get the Devils thinking on one level. They're going to be a huge underdog regardless. They're playoff entry was secure. Best not to risk Hall in a game where the Caps were dressing anyone anyway.

EDIT: Bolts just tied it up with Carolina . . . and the Blue Jackets scored.

Dude.. Amen. I do not know what the f*** NJ was thinking. They owned us. Why would they purposely not play for us?

Edit: Agree with @td_ice too.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
The whole situation with Washington is just so hilarious. Jersey sat its best players.. and the Caps played theres. One team actually had something meaningful to play for.. and the other didn't. The Caps just don't have the mindset to compete in the playoffs. What happened to Chicago last year when they went chasing after Panarin's bonus?

Its so happening again. You can see it coming a mile away.

Exactly..its all mindset. To try that hard for a regular season accomplishment when you have never been out of the 2nd round?

No words..

Reactions: KIRK

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Philly or the jackets, most likely philly. I like either potential match up.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Dude.. Amen. I do not know what the **** NJ was thinking. They owned us. Why would they purposely not play for us?

Edit: Agree with @td_ice too.

They think we can beat Philly, they'd rather see us in round 2.

I'm going conspiracy theory on this one.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
How lucky did we get with Crosby and Malkin?

Not only 2 of the best, but treat the regular season as a tune up for the playoffs.

While we see the caps and AO continuing to chase regular season achievements. Nothing wrong with that of course, if you can keep up that play in the postseason. Thats the problem.

How many times were fans pissed because we didnt have Malkin or Crosby out there at the end of games to chase personal achievements? But they dont care.

Im watching this Caps game and AO has 13 shots. Lol. Missing about 5 more on net. And then in the playoffs he doesnt come close to that. I would have thought they learned by now..but glad they didnt.

We all just need to remember how blessed this time in Pens hockey is even if we get taken out by the Flyers in round one....

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
We all just need to remember how blessed this time in Pens hockey is even if we get taken out by the Flyers in round one....

No getting taken out tho. Not by them.

Pens sitting back watching what these teams did today...theyre getting dialed in for another run.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
No getting taken out tho. Not by them.

Pens sitting back watching what these teams did today...theyre getting dialed in for another run.

I’m not saying Philly will or has a great chance...but any team can be beaten...welcome to sports...just enjoy the games

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I remember being equally certain we'd be well-rested and ready to crush the Habs in the Wales CF finals after taking out the Isles in 5, at most, 25 years ago...
The Isles were without Turgeon that series also adding insult to injury. You can't take any team for granted, that said their weaknesses match up poorly against our strengths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->