The road to the playoffs: Who will be our opponent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
A win in regulation gets him Columbus.

He and the caps dont care. Regular season accomplishments are what matters when comparing whos the best of all time on these boards.

11 shots for AO tonight.

Then he only gets a few on net in a playoff game. Thats why its hard for me to respect that.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
That'd be a fun series if CBJ's goaltending holds up but CBJ has some offense to outscore their goaltending now.

Jackets matchup the best against the Caps.

We could actually see Philly in round 1 and then Jackets in round 2, if we get by Philly.

Bob has been good against them.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Jackets matchup the best against the Caps.

We could actually see Philly in round 1 and then Jackets in round 2, if we get by Philly.

Bob has been good against them.

Caps are 3-1 in the season series, but only the Columbus win came after they acquired The Legend of Ian Cole.

Reactions: ncm7772 and Andy99

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
You want Balboa or Snooki?
I've said it forever. I do not pick who i want to play. Honestly Pens would be 60/40 favorites, IMO. Just my opinion. That doesn't guarantee shit. You wouldn't want your life on the line for a 60/40. BUT... they control their destiny with that match up.

No matter who we get, i'll do a "How the Pens win" and "How the Devils/Flyers win" part for the thread.

Reactions: KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I've said it forever. I do not pick who i want to play. Honestly Pens would be 60/40 favorites, IMO. Just my opinion. That doesn't guarantee ****. You wouldn't want your life on the line for a 60/40. BUT... they control their destiny with that match up.

No matter who we get, i'll do a "How the Pens win" and "How the Devils/Flyers win" part for the thread.

I understand. I'm loathe to pick anyone either. But, on paper, the Flyers are the less unfavorable matchup. That said, a series is played on the ice, not on paper, as I know that you know . . .

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
looks like it'll be the Flyers.. oh joy.. It'll be a fun couple of weeks for me at work living in Philly

Yes, but as someone who lived and went to school there, I know that living there will make this so much better for you . . .

tenor.gif

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I understand. I'm loathe to pick anyone either. But, on paper, the Flyers are the less unfavorable matchup. That said, a series is played on the ice, not on paper, as I know that you know . . .

Oh I agree completely. On PAPER - Philly is our best matchup. By far. Not even close. But hockey is the greatest sport of all time. On paper means absolute shit.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Oh I agree completely. On PAPER - Philly is our best matchup. By far. Not even close. But hockey is the greatest sport of all time. On paper means absolute ****.

We've discussed this. They can exploit our transition defense with how quickly they move the puck. But, even the biggest cynic about the Pens defense and goaltending will acknowledge that those questions pale in comparison to the questions about the Flyers defense and goaltending. Plus, our depth up front will be a real problem for them.

Reactions: Andy99 and ColePens

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
We've discussed this. They can exploit our transition defense with how quickly they move the puck. But, even the biggest cynic about the Pens defense and goaltending will acknowledge that those questions pale in comparison to the questions about the Flyers defense and goaltending. Plus, our depth up front will be a real problem for them.

I just cannot believe NJ and CBJ said "No way. f*** Pittsburgh. I'll take my chances elsewhere." I cannot believe that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad