The return of the King : Cain is back

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
Hell, what news i came through right now !! (i know ! like 2 weaks after it was known)
Cain will finaly be back !
And against the Predator " Francis Nganou".
I must say that i am a hard core fan of Cain and was specially scared of Nganou. The world of UFC has changed a lot !!
Ronda is gone, Amanda is here.
well ... Jones ? JC ? will Jon Jones be back ? who knows ?
Khabib reigns IMO
And Cain, straight against Nganou !! well why not to start against the top of the top. (IMO ... Nganou lost because of immaturity ... he should/and could have been champion and stayed champion ... he just screwed up !!) the real test would have been .... CAIN !

Honestly i don't dare going into any speculations ... between Cain's fight against Cheick Congo, and Nganou's fight against Stipe !! ... Cain should maul Nganou down unless Cain gets rocked like he experience with Cheick Congo ... but without chance this time IMO.

I am truly thrilled.
And you ? what are your thoughts ?

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I think you've got it - it's a nice style matchup for Cain to come back from and use his wrestling. Will need to avoid Ngannou's power as Cain's big head loves getting in the way of big shots.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
The JDS win over Cain in their first fight is a more appropriate comparison than the Kongo fight. Kongo is a good kickboxer, but Ngannou has that stupid Carwin/Hunt-level power.

I don't give Ngannou a snowball's chance in hell if Cain is still anything close to what he was. Cain is the GOAT, his takedowns are flawless, his striking technique leads into takedowns better than any heavyweight.

Thrilled that Cain is back, hope he's truly 100% healthy.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Great fight. Mainly because nobody really knows what level Cain is at anymore. The Cain of old would probably take him down repeatedly like Stipe did, but is he going to be able to do that? Also, Cain needs to be cautiously aggressive. You can't give Francis time and space, but you can't go rushing in either.

I hope Cain is truly back. As much as I wouldn't mind DC-Stipe 2, I also wouldn't mind if DC gets his payday against Brock and retires. Stipe-Cain for the vacant HW title would be f***ing awesome.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
The JDS win over Cain in their first fight is a more appropriate comparison than the Kongo fight. Kongo is a good kickboxer, but Ngannou has that stupid Carwin/Hunt-level power.

I don't give Ngannou a snowball's chance in hell if Cain is still anything close to what he was. Cain is the GOAT, his takedowns are flawless, his striking technique leads into takedowns better than any heavyweight.

Thrilled that Cain is back, hope he's truly 100% healthy.

Yes JDS knocked Cain down ... Cheick Congo connected 2 times in beginning of round 1 and in beginning of round 2. We speak about the same,

A hell of a fight !!
Go Cain Go

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
If Cain is 100% healthy, the Ngannou fight is gonna look like the Stipe one but with more wrestling domination from Cain. The big question of course is if he's healthy, because Ngannou is a strong dude and if Cain can't get him to the ground, it's gonna be scary.

I'm thinking DC is gonna hang them up soon, which is perfect timing for Cain to come back given that they're teammates and are unlikely to fight one another.

Reactions: m9

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
I'm thinking DC is gonna hang them up soon, which is perfect timing for Cain to come back given that they're teammates and are unlikely to fight one another.

Definitely the same feeling.

DC has always been EXTREMELY respectuous with Cain. The last thing DC wants is a fight with a mate.

The last thing that makes him stay in the arena is probably the last super fight with Jon Jones. The last chance to beat this a** h***. (i do not think this about Jon Jones, but it is the expression that incorporates what the public is supposed to believe of what DC thinks about Jon Jones) and a fat pay check that will go with it.

++

Wanting Cain to win; the fight of Cain against Nganou is so much loaded with exactly what is risky for Cain that, as a first come back fight, i feel almost uncomfortable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad