GDT: The Replacements vs Le Baguetteee Bois

Who do you want to see in net

• Total voters

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Glad Ned got a second chance so soon too— no matter what the circumstances.

be well, jerks! Here’s to a HORRIFICALLY bad week for our competitors!! ::clink clink:: lol

3FDF6A69-65D4-4C57-99AA-9CA135D82182.gif

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I still can’t believe that was a thought to by turbo. How do you not pass to a teammate in your zone and then go change? Not try some dumb deep dump and try to change mid play. It is such an elementary level decision, how did we do anything different?

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Horrible team but think of the circumstances?? Big momentum swing JUST TO GET THAT POINT. Im hoping this team will look better together the more time they get together.

I understand those who are bummed but Im happy with the point and J Will clutch goal.

Reactions: hblueridgegal

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
HOWEVER - it was 3-0 and they got a point. For all the talk of them being weak mentally ... I don’t buy that at all. They are young, yes, and they break down defensively a TON, yes .... but they’re nothing if not resilient. I’d almost put the slow starts on youth and arrogance rather than mental weakness. You can’t come back from these deficits if you’re f’d in the brain.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Nevermind

It's weird that you took this down, because I think it's starting to become obvious that it's exactly the case. We *are* poorly coached.

I get that we've faced adversity, but the mistakes that are happening are unacceptable, and yet, nothing changes. We look aimless out there. There's *no* structure, offensively or defensively. It's a series of one-on-ones all over the ice with no discernible plan of any kind.

I love Rod, and I know he sees it. Why he's not doing anything about it is beyond me at this point, and I think it's OK to question him.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
HOWEVER - it was 3-0 and they got a point. For all the talk of them being weak mentally ... I don’t buy that at all. They are young, yes, and they break down defensively a TON, yes .... but they’re nothing if not resilient. I’d almost put the slow starts on youth and arrogance rather than mental weakness. You can’t come back from these deficits if you’re f’d in the brain.
Sorry but when you need wins, blowing a 2nd point with dumb play to a bad team =\= what you are putting down here

their talent is what keeps them in games. Between the ears takes them out.

Reactions: hurricanesfan66

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
They kinda did piss a point away tonight, but they also really didn’t deserve the one they got. However they really have pissed away 4-5 points this year in the last 5 mins of tight games: the Gardiner gaffe in Boston, the night Hamilton got hurt in Columbus, the Vegas game in Raleigh and last night against Colorado...

Hey, at least TOR keeps winning, so the chances of them getting a top 10 pick keeps going down...

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
One point is one more than we deserved the way we played. But once you get to OT, you'd like to at least give yourselves a chance, and we didn't. I think that's the disappointing part, to lose "like that" on a dumb play.

Still don't get the starting Forsberg.

I was shocked when I saw that.

I was shocked, too, only because Brindy wouldn't start Dominik Hasek on the second half of a back-to-back. But when you consider that his choice was Forsberg (who looked like an NHL goalie in his last game) or Nedeljkovic (who didn't), it was really the easy call.

Also, Forsberg and Nedeljkovic have nothing to do with why we lost.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->