The Reinhart Goal Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEcoli

Apr 13, 2014
His whole line was awful in Vegas, and his giveaway on the power play that directly led to the second Vegas goal might've been the worst play of the night. But he's still pretty far down my list of players to shit on right now.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I dont care where he scores from .or if it's even strength or PP... just f***ing put the puck in the net.

Reactions: joshjull

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Looks like bad Reinhart is back to start this season as well. Maybe we shouldn’t give him time off during summer?
Sure feels good not having him locked up on a monster deal.

Reactions: pigpen65

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I’m pretty happy with the deal Botterill gave him, quite simply he isn’t a consistent impact player offensively yet. I think he can be, but he hasn’t shown it.

Reactions: Gabrielor

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Reinhart doesn't look bad as he did last year in the first half. But still he must produce. Playing good but not being on the score sheet can only go so far.

Sam has to step up. Skinner has been by far our best winger.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Reinhart doesn't look bad as he did last year in the first half. But still he must produce. Playing good but not being on the score sheet can only go so far.

He’s not playing good right now.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe

Maybe the fact that Skinner is multiple times better than Reinhart has something to do with Skinner being our beat winger and Sam being a nobody so far. 0 surprise here. So glad we gave him a bridgw, it wont bibite us in the ass at all and maybe we manage to sign him at around 5 mil in 2 years time.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
He hasn't been bad, he will get things going for him eventually. He's still a young kid, people seem to forget that.
Give me a break. If your standards for Sam are as high as for Girgensons, he hasn't been bad, yes. Also hes not a young kid anymore. Hes in his 4th year, he should be impact player now, this is a young man's game today.

SatanwasaSlovak

Jan 18, 2013
Malmö, Skåne
Give me a break. If your standards for Sam are as high as for Girgensons, he hasn't been bad, yes. Also hes not a young kid anymore. Hes in his 4th year, he should be impact player now, this is a young man's game today.
He's only 22 and is showing since of offensive brilliance at times. He's already a decent offensive player, just give him some time and confidence to develop further. Not every guy comes in at the age of 18 and starts producing like Gretzky.

He hasn't even been bad, he's usually one of the few in the O-zone if you watch the games that are making good passes that leads to scoring chances. He's a lot better than most offensive young guys i've seen at that age in the Sabres-organisation.

Patience is the key word. Even if the league is a "young man's game" there's always going to be exceptions to the rule. It's only speed that makes it a "young man's game", well guess what most those players will be done by the age of 28 when their wheels are gone and the injuries they have sustained from a hellish schedule that is 82 games+playoffs caughts up with them. Reinhart is not that kinda of a player, if he puts everything together and starts growing a confidence and gets things rolling again he will be effective up until his retirement.

Would be stupid to trade him.

Edit: I also want to add. Girgensons never looked this good. He always looked kinda iffy with the puck and all. I loved his drive forward but it seems to have taken a toll on him and he doesn't do that anymore. Reminds me a lot of how E-Rod is nowadays.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
He's only 22 and is showing since of offensive brilliance at times. He's already a decent offensive player, just give him some time and confidence to develop further. Not every guy comes in at the age of 18 and starts producing like Gretzky.

He hasn't even been bad, he's usually one of the few in the O-zone if you watch the games that are making good passes that leads to scoring chances. He's a lot better than most offensive young guys i've seen at that age in the Sabres-organisation.

Patience is the key word. Even if the league is a "young man's game" there's always going to be exceptions to the rule. It's only speed that makes it a "young man's game", well guess what most those players will be done by the age of 28 when their wheels are gone and the injuries they have sustained from a hellish schedule that is 82 games+playoffs caughts up with them. Reinhart is not that kinda of a player, if he puts everything together and starts growing a confidence and gets things rolling again he will be effective up until his retirement.

Would be stupid to trade him.

Edit: I also want to add. Girgensons never looked this good. He always looked kinda iffy with the puck and all. I loved his drive forward but it seems to have taken a toll on him and he doesn't do that anymore. Reminds me a lot of how E-Rod is nowadays.
Silly excuses is all I can say to this post.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
Well 5 Assists in 9 games, 1 ES point, and a -5 . He wont be scoring an ES goal for sure until hes back with Eichel because he doesn't dictate anything while hes on the ice. 65% Ozone starts, and his analytics are a + so I guess his shot suppression metrics are above average which is amazing for a 2OA pick. Hes just not dynamic but I guess he has a role.

Gordo21

Feb 9, 2017
I think he looks improved overall regardless of his lack of goals. Great on power play, improved skating. Of late, squeezing his stick some.

Honestly, he's been somewhat lucky goal wise in his career thus far, seeing that most of his goals are tip ins in front. Although there's certainly skill associated with that. Basically, I see an improved player though.

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005
Do you actually watch the games?

Man of Principles

The Krueger Effect
Nov 30, 2011
Maybe he's just going to be a notoriously slow starter over his career. There are lots of athletes in every sport who are.

You can see the difference in his creativity and smarts. He's a lot more dialed in than he was at this time last year.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Reinhart looks VERY good defensively. The offense will come.

Come on? He's made one or two defensive gaffs each game the last few. He's a winger who gets the puck out more often then not, lets not act like he's been VERY good, he's been what you'd expect from basically any winger whose average to above average defensively.

He's having a slow start and hasn't been great, he will be fine and start producing soon. But my goodness do some every take every chance to tear him down while others will blindly defend every single thing he does at all costs. I can't remember ever having such a polarizing player on this board, who was the last like this? Myers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad