Post-Game Talk: The Reim Minister and Philly the kid show! Tor 4:0 Edm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mar 26, 2010
Great game!

Reimer played great and Kessel is showing everyone he is the elite sniper!

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Bad habits in the first and third periods but the second period was an awesome team effort.

Kessel continues his hot streak. That second goal...my jaw dropped. Hope he picked the corner and got it right under the bar from that angle was pretty damn impressive.

I was so excited for Rielly and now I'm a little deflated because they took the goal away from him. Rielly had a great game tonight. Helped keep Reimer's shutout in two instances tonight and it was the way he did it. I'm especially impressed with how well he handles himself when under pressure in his own end.

Reimer was fantastic. Battles hard like he usually does and he was tracking the puck really well tonight (but I think he usually does that well anyway). Had some bad rebounds and fumbles but if it doesn't cost you any it's hardly anything to nitpick on. I guess one good thing about allowing so many shots against, it really helps our goalie's save percentages :laugh:

And if the Leafs average the third most shots against per game, who the hell rank 1 and 2?

Edit: Do other goalies commonly get bowled over as much as Reimer does? I can't remember any recent Leafs goalies that gets run into as much as him. I don't think it's intentional by the other players but considering he's already gotten a concussion from getting run, the fact that it happens so often to him just seems like very unfortunately luck and it always worries me that he'll get injured again.

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
Good to get those two points tonight. Top line especially Kessel really shined and what else can be said about Reimer. Terrific performance. Too bad Rielly's shot just hit off Kadri, but Rielly will score many more goals in blue and white to come haha

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
We have 2 #1 goaltenders. So great to see when you think only a few seasons ago we had Toskala,Gustaffson and Joey McDonald:p:

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
No worries man. There going to break the cycle I can feel it! Kessel is red hot, Reimer has to get the start and he will be lights out again, and Rielly is going to get his first NHL goal back!!!!

They don't get two starter-caliber goalies and then don't utilize that for our back-to-backs. But there is a good chance Reimer will be allowed to run with it after that for as long as he is hot now.

William Hylander

There can be only 1
Aug 17, 2009
you guys seeing jeffler's tweets right now? lol

I love it, the media in this town calls players out when they perceive them to be playing poorly, the media talking heads should be called out when they post something that is absolute rubbish. Then Damien Cox and the ilk spin it so that they were always a Kessel fan.

Idiots, Neanderthals, Mongoloids see other: Toronto Sports Writers.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Phil is on one hell of a thrill.

Kessel_Cart_Ride.jpg

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
Off to Calgary tomorrow.

:(

Watch me refute this:

All the "C" losses that the Leafs have sustained have been in the United States so we can come to the conclusion that we are cursed against C teams in the U.S. Being that Calgary is in Canada there might be a different outcome...which also leads to my next point.

The Leafs have been winning games in Canada which starts with a "C" so theoretically we should have lost all our games at home, in Montreal and tonight in Edmonton since they are all located in Canada and that starts with "C".

:sarcasm:

booya.

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
Have we ever not scored on a 2 on 1 when Kessel and JVR are involved?

Seems like it's an almost automatic goal :laugh:

happyaccident

May 14, 2013
Watch me refute this:

All the "C" losses that the Leafs have sustained have been in the United States so we can come to the conclusion that we are cursed against C teams in the U.S. Being that Calgary is in Canada there might be a different outcome...which also leads to my next point.

The Leafs have been winning games in Canada which starts with a "C" so theoretically we should have lost all our games at home, in Montreal and tonight in Edmonton since they are all located in Canada and that starts with "C".

:sarcasm:

booya.

And Edmonton is the "C"apital of Alberta.

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
Bad habits in the first and third periods but the second period was an awesome team effort.

Kessel continues his hot streak. That second goal...my jaw dropped. Hope he picked the corner and got it right under the bar from that angle was pretty damn impressive.

I was so excited for Rielly and now I'm a little deflated because they took the goal away from him. Rielly had a great game tonight. Helped keep Reimer's shutout in two instances tonight and it was the way he did it. I'm especially impressed with how well he handles himself when under pressure in his own end.

Reimer was fantastic. Battles hard like he usually does and he was tracking the puck really well tonight (but I think he usually does that well anyway). Had some bad rebounds and fumbles but if it doesn't cost you any it's hardly anything to nitpick on. I guess one good thing about allowing so many shots against, it really helps our goalie's save percentages :laugh:

And if the Leafs average the third most shots against per game, who the hell rank 1 and 2?

Edit: Do other goalies commonly get bowled over as much as Reimer does? I can't remember any recent Leafs goalies that gets run into as much as him. I don't think it's intentional by the other players but considering he's already gotten a concussion from getting run, the fact that it happens so often to him just seems like very unfortunately luck and it always worries me that he'll get injured again.

I saw this stat as well on Sportsnet and laughed out loud and wondered who could be allowing more shots than us.

Turns out our friends the Ottawa Senators are #30 in SA/G with 37. We're #29 with 35.5 while Buffalo closely trails us with 35.2.

TheOneArmedMan

Jan 17, 2011
Gonna be interesting to see which goalie stays. If they both want big money we don't be able to pay them both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad