The referee in the final?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Kaizer said:
I'll tell you why it happens. People don't boo referees because they are bad even if they are bad, peoples are bad too and it's hard to blame referee for being bad when you are bad. People boo referees because they are from another country or nationality while people aren't. That's what separate them and it's the thing that can be booed. IMHO.

I've read this about 5 times and I still don't get it.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Kaizer said:
It happens. Don't worry and I'll try to imporve my english too ;)

Hey, don't sell yourself short.

Your English is probably about 8 billion times better than my Russian. ;)

Bloggins

Dec 1, 2005
There are good and bad refs. Nationality has very little to do with what makes it so.

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
Kaizer said:
Vice versa,man, vice versa :D

Yeah, but you guys have no reason to hate us :shakehead

Though I do feel more akin to Russians than I do to Canadians or anyone else in these tournaments for that matter, so thats why I root for Russia (like how Americans root for Canada after they get eliminated ;) )

Joe MacMillan

Aug 10, 2005
Helsinki
Peter25 said:
Hockey is the ONLY major sport where a referee is allowed to judge a game of his own country in major tournaments. The ONLY sport. This is just wrong.

What are you whining about? The ref is American and the game is between Russia and Canada. :dunno:

lisario

Feb 10, 2005
blacklabel said:
What are you whining about? The ref is American and the game is between Russia and Canada. :dunno:

Great, that means the ref should hate both teams! :jump:

Yureeka47*

:madfire: WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW :madfire:

I just heard that the Swedish ref (Vinnerborg) was initially scheduled to call this gold medal game, but after a petition from Team Canada, the referee has been changed to Thull (USA).

:rant: :madfire: :rant: :madfire:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Yureeka47 said:
:madfire: WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW :madfire:

I just heard that the Swedish ref (Vinnerborg) was initially scheduled to call this gold medal game, but after a petition from Team Canada, the referee has been changed to Thull (USA).

:rant: :madfire: :rant: :madfire:

Source?

Besides, it's an American ref, not a Canadian one.

Who cares.

Yureeka47*

just trust me, i heard it from a reliable source...

also, Bob McKenzie himself said so on the first page.. but he is not the source im going by.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Yureeka47 said:
just trust me, i heard it from a reliable source...

also, Bob McKenzie himself said so on the first page.. but he is not the source im going by.
He said that they decided not to go with the Swedish ref but he didn't say why. Without a link or a realiable source no one should take what you said seriously.

Yureeka47*

canucksfan said:
He said that they decided not to go with the Swedish ref but he didn't say why. Without a link or a realiable source no one should take what you said seriously.

Buddy, im not begging for your approval and I am definetely don't care if you take me seriously or not.

This is what I heard, the source chose to remain anonymous. If you don't want to believe it, then don't. Simple as that. I just thought I'd share what I know.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Yureeka47 said:
The source chose to remain anonymous.

:biglaugh:

What a pointless piece of information.

Anyway, if you're so desperate for a tailor-made excuse if the Russians lose, just say so.

Blame the ref.

Misos Milakos*

Hopefully someone who lets them play real hockey and doesn't reward diving..

Yureeka47*

Hopefully someone that doesn't support headhunting and penalizes the european style of play.

Yureeka47*

NyQuil said:
:biglaugh:

What a pointless piece of information.

Anyway, if you're so desperate for a tailor-made excuse if the Russians lose, just say so.

Blame the ref.

Yes, you're a genius, you caught me right in my evil web of lies. Don't be a moron. If the Russians lose, my concern is the team losing, not harassment by a group of message board teenagers.

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
Yureeka47 said:
Hopefully someone that doesn't support headhunting and penalizes the european style of play.
How does Euro hockey get penalized? If anything Euro's play such un-agressive hockey that the only penalties are stick infractions. That's a joke. I hope someone goes out and puches somebody else in the mouth to get this thing started tonite.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Yureeka47 said:
Don't be a moron. If the Russians lose, my concern is the team losing, not harassment by a group of message board teenagers.

Apparently your concern isn't with the team losing, but the officiating.

I guess the rest of us care more about the performance of the players on the ice.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Yureeka47 said:
Buddy, im not begging for your approval and I am definetely don't care if you take me seriously or not.

This is what I heard, the source chose to remain anonymous. If you don't want to believe it, then don't. Simple as that. I just thought I'd share what I know.
You may be right but just to tell you that I don't think anyone can take what you said seriously because you do not have any proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->