The Red and White Authority - Episode 115: Dylan Larkin

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
He "earned it" by leading in ice time and points.
His play drove the bus the entire year. His motor did not quit once. Every game he tried his absolute best and left nothing in the tank. If that's not C material then I don't know what to tell you. And I never put up any "strawman", but coming from tiesgoes2vets, I find it rich.
What was you previous name? Can't see it.......

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Larkin's talent is comparable to Yzerman's? Is that what we are implying?

No, you're implying you shouldn't name a captain until playoffs happen arbitrarily. I am pointing out the greatest Captain we have ever seen didn't meet your criteria, I think even when we made it in 86 we had less points than last year.

Larkin is our #1C, the face of the franchise and one of the most important players to USA hockey. He is a person that is lauded for his off ice conduct and leadership in a dressing room. Literally the entire panel agreed on his draft night that he was a future captain of a team. He is ready, waiting two years for guys around him to get better isn't the way for me.

Slap the C on him and look at everyone else and say follow that guy, because being like him is how we get better as individuals and as a team. He has earned it is why I want him to be captain and I believe he is going to live up to the standards of the Captains we have had since Yzerman began our fortunate run in this department.

Last edited:

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
He "earned it" by leading in ice time and points.
His play drove the bus the entire year. His motor did not quit once. Every game he tried his absolute best and left nothing in the tank. If that's not C material then I don't know what to tell you. And I never put up any "strawman", but coming from tiesgoes2vets, I find it rich.

Wait, Steve Yzerlland is tiesgo2vets?

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
I'm fairly sure. I quoted a bookmarked post from tg2v and Yzerland popped up as the quoted poster.
If I'm wrong, my bad.

You're probably right, I just didn't realize that. I didn't know we could change our user names either, i'd love to know how so I can change mine.

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose
Nov 2, 2018
You're probably right, I just didn't realize that. I didn't know we could change our user names either, i'd love to know how so I can change mine.

Top right corner, click on your pic/name icon, it will pull down a menu. First choice is change username. You can change it once every year (I think). Not on mobile so it may be different on that platform.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad