The Red and White Authority - Episode 115: Dylan Larkin

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Ugh this is hard to listen to but Larks said he's working on his hands, defense and conditioning so he's ready to "take over" next year.

This time last year he said he wanted to score 30 goals and look how that turned out. Let's hope the trend continues.

Made it through 8 minutes for you guys... someone else please summarize the rest. Let's hope they actually talk about Larkin's game eventually.

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
Look the Larkin becoming captain thing is kind of obvious, but man Art was really cringy in this conversation. Just asking about how he is going to act as captain, and how this and that.

Like dude, let him get named captain first!

NotLeddy

Trust the Yzerscam
Oct 23, 2018
It took wayyy too long for Regner to move on from discussing Larkin's balls. Felt like it got even worse as it went on, like he already took the discussion way outside of Dylan's comfort zone and just made it even worse. Easily the awkwardest Red and White Authority episode yet... and Art's had some questionable ones too

Reactions: A Few Good Males

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Kudos to Holland and staff for landing on him what a home run draft pick and great part of the next core. Definitely deserves consideration for that C. I think I will skip the interview after reading previous comments lol

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
It took wayyy too long for Regner to move on from discussing Larkin's balls. Felt like it got even worse as it went on, like he already took the discussion way outside of Dylan's comfort zone and just made it even worse. Easily the awkwardest Red and White Authority episode yet... and Art's had some questionable ones too

Wait, what?

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
When Art isn't apparently sexually harassing his guests, it's better because it's words from the men themselves. Winged Wheel podcast is more of a "fans with a little more inside knowledge than average talking about news stories"

Reactions: ShippinItDaily

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Is this generally a good podcast for Red Wings content? How does it compare to the Winged Wheel Podcast?

Regner generally ruins it with his stuttering and awkwardness.

I like the Winged Wheel podcast though they will occasionally let their personal biases run a muck. But they are fans and don't pretend it won't happen. I am surprised they still do a few of them given they have legit insider access to certain things. Still that is probably the first podcast I would recommend. Brad, Ryan and Evan do a nice job. Plus at this point they have Max Bultman on a lot so you do get some pretty meaty team analysis that is pretty bankable in my opinion.

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose
Nov 2, 2018
I wouldn't give him the C until we make the playoffs.

I wouldn't give it to him until we win the cup, back to back, 5 times in a row. Gotta make him earn it! :naughty:

Seriously though, if he doesn't have the C before the season starts I'll be legitimately shocked. It's his team and he has earned it.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Regner often comes off like a stuttering school girl, in awe of the boy in front of her.
Still, these podcasts often have some really good insights into a player...but what they say, what they don't say, the questions they choose to not answer, etc.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Regner often comes off like a stuttering school girl, in awe of the boy in front of her.
Still, these podcasts often have some really good insights into a player...but what they say, what they don't say, the questions they choose to not answer, etc.

They are valuable, you also have to keep in mind they are overseen by the Red Wings. They are never going to have a moment where he really goes out of bounds, they would just edit it right out. But I agree you can get a decent amount out of them by reading between the lines. I think he will have a harder time with them now that Stevie's group is in place. The ones with Horcoff are generally my favorite in terms of they cover a lot of details on each guy and what they should be working on.

Reactions: VelenoLikeAFeleno

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Regner generally ruins it with his stuttering and awkwardness.

I like the Winged Wheel podcast though they will occasionally let their personal biases run a muck. But they are fans and don't pretend it won't happen. I am surprised they still do a few of them given they have legit insider access to certain things. Still that is probably the first podcast I would recommend. Brad, Ryan and Evan do a nice job. Plus at this point they have Max Bultman on a lot so you do get some pretty meaty team analysis that is pretty bankable in my opinion.

What I especially hate is how instead of just asking the interviewers a question, he will start to go into what he thinks their answer will be before asking them. He does this all the freaking time. These conversations should be 75-80% his guests talking but they never are, he just rambles and hijacks the conversation with a lot of unnecessary mouth vomit.

He does this all the time and it’s unbelievably annoying. You’d think he’d have some self-awareness and scale it back.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
I wouldn't give it to him until we win the cup, back to back, 5 times in a row. Gotta make him earn it! :naughty:

Seriously though, if he doesn't have the C before the season starts I'll be legitimately shocked. It's his team and he has earned it.
Making the playoffs is a reasonable ask.And how did he "earn" it ? We were one of the worst teams in the entire league? Nice strawman Tho...

JoesuffP

Feb 3, 2016
Art can be really unlistenable at times. His questions are so long and guided the guest is basically left with to say ‘yes’. He guides them to make him answer the way he wants

I’ll listen to Art when he’s got management on the show like Ryan Martin the other day was interesting. Shawn Horcoff is really good for updates on prospects.

The Whinged Wheel sounds like typical message board banter. No real insight

Last edited:

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose
Nov 2, 2018
Making the playoffs is a reasonable ask.And how did he "earn" it ? We were one of the worst teams in the entire league? Nice strawman Tho...

He "earned it" by leading in ice time and points.
His play drove the bus the entire year. His motor did not quit once. Every game he tried his absolute best and left nothing in the tank. If that's not C material then I don't know what to tell you. And I never put up any "strawman", but coming from tiesgoes2vets, I find it rich.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad