Speculation: The real question: Foxy vs. Faustie, who goes?

Who gets the axe this offseason?

• Total voters

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
That shit between the two of them at the end of the last game was awkward as hell, seems like something has to give.

Foxy

Pros
  • Been with the Kings for forever
  • Seems like a genuinely good dude
Cons
  • Total homer
  • Has become unlistenable since 2014
Faustie

Pros

• Fresh, young voice
  • No baggage with the org

Cons

• Sounds like Jack Edwards
  • Talks too much about bullshit, doesn't call the game enough
This has been polarizing all year for a lot of Kings fans, so I ask the question: Who should get the boot?

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Anyone have a clip as to what happened? I didn’t pay much attention to the post game since it seemed like a bunch of lip service.

I’m in favor of ditching both and swapping in the radio crew. Nick Nickson and Daryl Evans are eons better than the TV crew.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
Neither is being fired, nor is Faust going anywhere. He already said he's looking forward to next season. Kings wouldn't have hired him if he they thought he'd leave them within a few years. They're looking for that young guy to stay with the team for the next 30-40 years.

I think Faust was really good this season. Fox, not so much. He's awful.

Reactions: Bandit

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
yeah i didn't get any of the postgame but heard someone reference the awkwardness

i like foxy as a person but he's so f***ing annoying to listen to lately.. i think faust is capable of calling a good game but he gets dragged into the jokes and BS when foxy starts running his mouth

Reactions: Bandit

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Nothing was said in the postgame, but after Faust made his statement Jim made some awkward faces and there was an uncomfortable silence. It’s hard to describe, wish I had a video. I don’t think either will be fired... yet. I also think if Fox would cut some of his shit and let Faust call the game it wouldn’t be half bad.

Reactions: Legionnaire

SlimCharles

Kings & Sabres
Dec 7, 2011
Los Angeles
They will both obviously stay. Fox has earned the right to keep that job until he retires. He's a bit of a homer, but that shouldn't be a surprise considering most team's color commentators tend to be a bit biased. That's just how it goes. I like Faust, he'll gain more chemistry with Fox and will naturally improve as time goes on.

Jun 30, 2006
Faust was just explaining his emotions in the postgame and reflecting on his first postseason. Much like the tweet above.

But for some reason Fox just tuned the guy out, wouldn’t even look at him when Faust turned to speak to him. Didn’t even appear to be listening. Until Patrick chimes in, uh Fox? Then it was like he woke up. I thought that was awkward as hell and unprofessional on Fox’s part. Just the body language was weird and left me wondering if Fox was just fed up or something happened behind the scenes.

It’s probably a chemistry issue. I think the fact Faust is a millennial and Fox is older, more of a shoot from the hip kind of guy. The chemistry this season was way off. Both are nice guys, and I don’t have a problem with either guys. I just think together they have a lot of work to do.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Faust was just explaining his emotions in the postgame and reflecting on his first postseason. Much like the tweet above.

But for some reason Fox just tuned the guy out, wouldn’t even look at him when Faust turned to speak to him. Didn’t even appear to be listening. Until Patrick chimes in, uh Fox? Then it was like he woke up. I thought that was awkward as hell and unprofessional on Fox’s part. Just the body language was weird and left me wondering if Fox was just fed up or something happened behind the scenes.

It’s probably a chemistry issue. I think the fact Faust is a millennial and Fox is older, more of a shoot from the hip kind of guy. The chemistry this season was way off. Both are nice guys, and I don’t have a problem with either guys. I just think together they have a lot of work to do.
Very good explanation of what happened. I agree. It was just awkward.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
They're both just fine, although Fox wears me down after awhile.

GG you're all a bunch of whiners! The Kings could have done MUCH worse than Faust.

Faust might be fine in the future, but there is zero chemistry with Fox.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
They're both just fine, although Fox wears me down after awhile.

GG you're all a bunch of whiners! The Kings could have done MUCH worse than Faust.

Well, I guess they could have hired me. I could have sat there and talked about nothing while play went on too.

...Yelling at the TV "Call the damn game! There is hockey going on!"

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Fox has been in a bad mood lately. Even before the series started. I listened to an interview with him and he just seemed cold.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I'd rather focus on the issues with the players on the ice than the guys in the booth. We have been spoiled with Bob Miller for so many years and Faust and Foxy will be fine. I thought both did great considering it's their first year together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->