OT: The Re-Brand Of The Avalanche

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
No offense taken, to each his own. However, too many stripes?! There's only three on each arm and the hem on the primary set and only two on the alternate.

I don't get why everyone wants to eliminate black from the color scheme The whole point of my concept was to work black into BOTH the home and away sweaters. Now maybe the pants could do without the striping, but it seemed to unify the whole set better. The uniforms looked more like a coherent set when the colors are working together. As great as the old jerseys were, they didn't match. Black wasn't really used in the white jersey except in the numbers and lettering on the back. On the other hand, silver/grey wasn't really used in the dark sweaters except on the socks. This concept matches everything up without changing the color palette.
I'm with you on this. I like the touch of black in your design. I would love if the Avs with go with yours.

dutchy92

May 29, 2015
I love the Lake Erie Monsters alternate jerseys... Maybe they could do something similar to it like this:

L9Xkrlb.jpg

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
dutchy, welcome and thanks for posting your idea! I don't want to sound super negative so don't take it that way but its best we have no association with them moving forward. Plus the design is the old Cleveland Baron's design, that's not our history. I do like the mix of burgundy and white and it is a sharp design. I'm glad the Monsters brought it back.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
dutchy, welcome and thanks for posting your idea! I don't want to sound super negative so don't take it that way but its best we have no association with them moving forward. Plus the design is the old Cleveland Baron's design, that's not our history. I do like the mix of burgundy and white and it is a sharp design. I'm glad the Monsters brought it back.

Are you talking about the former NHL Cleveland Barons because that jersey does not look like the one the Barons used to wear. Like, not at all!

Snow Monster

Jun 15, 2013
I'm with you on this. I like the touch of black in your design. I would love if the Avs with go with yours.

Well thank you very much! Now I just have to find a way to send them to the Avs front office.

Yeah, best that a National Hockey League team NOT base it's designs on a minor league team. Especially now that the Lake Erie Monsters are no longer affiliated with the Avs.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Could somebody edit this and make the blue burgundy and maybe take the flame out of the logo and just make it white/gray so it looks like snow instead.

attachment.php

goalieman40

Feb 27, 2006
New Hampshire
No offense taken, to each his own. However, too many stripes?! There's only three on each arm and the hem on the primary set and only two on the alternate.

I don't get why everyone wants to eliminate black from the color scheme The whole point of my concept was to work black into BOTH the home and away sweaters. Now maybe the pants could do without the striping, but it seemed to unify the whole set better. The uniforms looked more like a coherent set when the colors are working together. As great as the old jerseys were, they didn't match. Black wasn't really used in the white jersey except in the numbers and lettering on the back. On the other hand, silver/grey wasn't really used in the dark sweaters except on the socks. This concept matches everything up without changing the color palette.

Sorry, I think I didn't explain what I was thinking well enough. I like the black in the scheme, but like how the old jerseys. So for your home jersey you have (from top to bottom on the hem) burgandy, silver, black, white, blue. What I was trying to say was take out the smaller black stripe so it's just the thicker ones, then have it be burgandy, white, black, blue (like it is on the original jerseys). And the same idea on the road.

BK Avs

Nov 29, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I'm not seeing it, personally. So far, I think Snow Monster's concept has been among the better ones, with some minor tweaks (mainly not needing two-tone blue on the 3rd) and they would be, in my opinion of course, perfect.

Of course, we'll not know until later this offseason what the real plans are, more than likely there won't be anything groundbreaking, but hopefully a full redesign can happen at some point.

Yeah, the two-tone blue definitely bothers me a little bit. I see what Snow Monster is doing, putting the subtle mountain back in there to mirror the home and away, but I'd rather just do it all the way, or go for a total departure for the thirds. I think total departure is the way to go, which is why I'd rather see the yeti foot logo or diagonal COLORADO.

Thanks, I'm happy you like them. I'm still tinkering around with 'em, so I may end up with something along the lines you suggested. I also like the yeti foot, but now that Howler is gone the logo doesn't really serve much of a purpose anymore. I might put them back on for the sake of tradition since the Avs have always worn that logo. The yeti foot is a hard logo to use as a primary and I don't think it quite suits my set. The diagonal COLORADO is a maybe. However, I don't think it is necessary to post every little update to a concept, so it may be a little while before I show off the revised version.

I look forward to your next published revision!

I am probably in the extreme minority here, but does anyone else like the idea of small numbers on the front of the jersey? I'd be curious to see what that would look like on a third. Maybe a victory blue base with the yeti foot as the primary logo and numbers in the top right? If I had photoshop skills I would mock this up myself. (Does anyone have a link to an easy-to-use jersey designer site?)

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I won't get excited as if this is a sign that ours is changing too. I don't want to set myself up for disappointment.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Take it for what it's worth but the Reebok catalog went out and the Avs primary color is Burgundy and the roads are white. Now that doesn't mean they're not getting a new jersey but more than likely they'll be those colors.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Now, those would be the new colors as well but Arizona has all jerseys as TBD and I think it's for certain that we're not switching primary unis. However, the 3rd is TBD and I'm pretty sure that'll be the Stadium Series jersey.

CrimsonPuma*

Take it for what it's worth but the Reebok catalog went out and the Avs primary color is Burgundy and the roads are white. Now that doesn't mean they're not getting a new jersey but more than likely they'll be those colors.

The Avalanche are 100% not getting new jerseys this year.

The most they will get is a new Stadium Series jersey, which may be a full time third.

The Reebok catalog would have the change as TBD if they were getting new home and aways.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
The Avalanche are 100% not getting new jerseys this year.

The most they will get is a new Stadium Series jersey, which may be a full time third.

The Reebok catalog would have the change as TBD if they were getting new home and aways.

While it's extremely likely that they aren't getting new jerseys this upcoming season, it's a little premature to label it as "100%".

The Coyotes being listed as "TBD" could have more to do with them possibly not having the same colors. Since this is a catalog for the colors of the Home/Road uni's.

CrimsonPuma*

While it's extremely likely that they aren't getting new jerseys this upcoming season, it's a little premature to label it as "100%".

The Coyotes being listed as "TBD" could have more to do with them possibly not having the same colors. Since this is a catalog for the colors of the Home/Road uni's.

I have been a member of Sports Logos dot net for the last 8 years and have seen enough jersey speculation and insider sources. I have looked through that entire RBK catalog when it was posted months ago.

It's 100% certain that the Avs are not getting a new jersey set this year. It would be in the Reebok catalog.

You can hold out hope if you want, but it's foolish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->