OT: The Re-Brand Of The Avalanche

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonPuma*

Made the jersey burgundy and the pants blue.

Went to 4 stripes.

fmbKItf.png

CrimsonPuma*

Ready for some Nike talk:

The bottom white stripe represents the snowy prairies of Colorado. The silver stripe represents the frozen lakes and rivers. The blue stripe is for the wide open blue skies of Colorado. The top white is the clouds that bring the snow and avalanche. The burgundy represents the mountains we call home.

Welcome to your 2015 Colorado Avalanche.

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
Hey look you unruined it.

Seriously though that's sharp IMO. If we were ever to change jersey's I'd love this. #Avsnewage

I second that. The ones I proposed should keep the idea of the whites but these homes are much better. I would love these jerseys. Someone send this concept to the Avs front office right away!

MountainMan

May 27, 2015
Made the jersey burgundy and the pants blue.

Went to 4 stripes.

fmbKItf.png

Hmmmm, sorry not feeling it. It looks like what the San Jose Sharks did with their boring new jerseys, but recolored and an Avs logo slapped on it. Granted this one has hem stripes on it, but it still looks pretty similar.
SJS_WEB_NewJerseyAway_950x741.jpg

I despise how asymmetrical the striping is and it bugs me to no end.
Back to Nectarine's concept. Why eliminate black? Without the black equipment the Avs look like Montreal Canadians wannabes. I never thought it would make much of a difference, but it really looks weird when you take out the black. The Avs can look good in black. That concept by Snow Monster retains black and makes it look good too. It shows that it can be incorporated without looking out of place.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but critique is part of the game when you present your work. You have shown that you can accept and utilize what others suggest and that's good. I'm not trying to tear down your ideas, just trying to show where it can be better.

CrimsonPuma*

Added some new variations. I really like the white version the best.

RtuCUR2.png

CrimsonPuma*

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but critique is part of the game when you present your work. You have shown that you can accept and utilize what others suggest and that's good. I'm not trying to tear down your ideas, just trying to show where it can be better.

I wouldn't be where I am professionally if I couldnt take the feedback and criticism. Thanks for the insights.

I lose black just because it eliminates the black helmet, pants and gloves.

Snow Monster

Jun 15, 2013
It's been a while since I've posted anything here, but I still pop in from time to time. I noticed that Avs concept over at icethetics and coincidentally, I have just finished an Avs concept myself. I sent it in to Icethetics the other day, but I'd like to hear the reaction from my fellow fans first and where better than from you fine people.

026c785b-c6a7-469d-afc8-d87794b98479_zps1yrhzmt7.png

As you can see it is a redux of sorts but introduces something familiar in a classic, but modern way. Things are a little simpler without loosing the uniqueness that screams Colorado. In past uniforms, the home and away haven't completely matched up in terms of color. The white sweaters used grey/silver, but the dark uniforms did not and instead utilized white and black (although there was grey in the socks, but they didn't quite match the piping in the rest of the jersey). I wanted to sync things up by making the set more uniform in their color scheme. I thought of eliminating black, but having the gloves, pants, and helmets any other color looks weird. Instead, I managed to incorporate the white, black, and grey in both primary uniforms without making too big of a change.

As for the alternates, they obviously take inspiration from the past uniforms of the Quebec Nordiques. I think it's important for teams to pay tribute to their roots without going overboard with it. The Avs are no longer in the Nordiques, but I think that a subtle nod to the previous organization would be a good thing. However, in doing so they don't change their identity. This is an Avalanche sweater plain and simple. The highlighting of blue, white, and grey reminds one of the chilly snow capped rockies, but does so in such a way that it creates a certain continuity if you will. As much as we all love those glorious burgundy thirds, I decided to go in a different creative direction that heralds to a little bit of history of the Avalanche club.

Anyhow, what do you guys think?

Hey all.
Long time lurker, first time poster here. Just wanted to throw in my two cents in here. This concept is probably the best I've seen so far. I really like how it has the mountains, but keeps things simple. It has a classic feel, but a modern look. The best part is, that while it is fairly different from what they've worn before in terms of design, it still contains a familiarity about it that retains the Avalanche identity. That third is good too, but the primary set is just perfection.
Anyhow, just wanted to throw that out there.

Thanks MountainMan. I haven't gotten a whole lot of comments on it, but the fact that you like it is a good sign.
Welcome!!

I don't like the first one. Looks purple and green almost like the old mighty ducks jerseys. Now I for one love the mighty ducks jerseys, just not with an Avs logo on it.

Haha well I mean it resembles it.

Hockey-Jerseys-Cheap-Vintage-Anaheim-Mighty-Ducks-Jersey-Purple-Teal-VTG-Jerseys-Any-Number-Any-Name.jpg

I guess that there is a vague similarity in the striping of my concept, but it certainly doesn't look purple and green. Also I think that the lighting on that picture is messed up, because the Ducks never wore a shade of purple that was that light. It was more like this.

thumb.aspx

Even so, I don't think many people would say that my Avs concept looks like a Ducks jersey. But to each his own.

goalieman40

Feb 27, 2006
New Hampshire
Been an Avs fan since they relocated. I love their pre-Edge set as much as anyone, but I kind of don't want them to just go back to those. I feel like there should be something a little different. I like Nectarine's combo of a traditional with the nod in the angled arm stripes. I'd actually like to see those with black added back to the mix. I prefer to have black in there for the most part. This is probably the best concept I've seen that removes black, had mountain striping, but isn't a rehash entirely.

COLAvalanche3.png

FoppaForsberg*

I do like those quite a bit too.

It's sad that we as fans can come up with good designs yet we've been running with trash for years.

MountainMan

May 27, 2015
Been an Avs fan since they relocated. I love their pre-Edge set as much as anyone, but I kind of don't want them to just go back to those. I feel like there should be something a little different. I like Nectarine's combo of a traditional with the nod in the angled arm stripes. I'd actually like to see those with black added back to the mix. I prefer to have black in there for the most part.

So something like this?
It's been a while since I've posted anything here, but I still pop in from time to time. I noticed that Avs concept over at icethetics and coincidentally, I have just finished an Avs concept myself. I sent it in to Icethetics the other day, but I'd like to hear the reaction from my fellow fans first and where better than from you fine people.

As you can see it is a redux of sorts but introduces something familiar in a classic, but modern way. Things are a little simpler without loosing the uniqueness that screams Colorado. In past uniforms, the home and away haven't completely matched up in terms of color. The white sweaters used grey/silver, but the dark uniforms did not and instead utilized white and black (although there was grey in the socks, but they didn't quite match the piping in the rest of the jersey). I wanted to sync things up by making the set more uniform in their color scheme. I thought of eliminating black, but having the gloves, pants, and helmets any other color looks weird. Instead, I managed to incorporate the white, black, and grey in both primary uniforms without making too big of a change.

As for the alternates, they obviously take inspiration from the past uniforms of the Quebec Nordiques. I think it's important for teams to pay tribute to their roots without going overboard with it. The Avs are no longer in the Nordiques, but I think that a subtle nod to the previous organization would be a good thing. However, in doing so they don't change their identity. This is an Avalanche sweater plain and simple. The highlighting of blue, white, and grey reminds one of the chilly snow capped rockies, but does so in such a way that it creates a certain continuity if you will. As much as we all love those glorious burgundy thirds, I decided to go in a different creative direction that heralds to a little bit of history of the Avalanche club.

goalieman40

Feb 27, 2006
New Hampshire
Personally I don't like those, no offense to the creator. Too many stripes and i don't like the shaped yoke. If the black stripes on each jersey were removed, and the rest matched the color/order of the old jerseys, remove the pant stripes, then that might work.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Been an Avs fan since they relocated. I love their pre-Edge set as much as anyone, but I kind of don't want them to just go back to those. I feel like there should be something a little different. I like Nectarine's combo of a traditional with the nod in the angled arm stripes. I'd actually like to see those with black added back to the mix. I prefer to have black in there for the most part. This is probably the best concept I've seen that removes black, had mountain striping, but isn't a rehash entirely.

COLAvalanche3.png

I actually love these. The blue on the bottom of the home jersey allows for burgundy pants which will actually look good instead of what the Yotes have going on.

FoppaForsberg*

I actually love these. The blue on the bottom of the home jersey allows for burgundy pants which will actually look good instead of what the Yotes have going on.

Same. These are my new favourite, the ones tangerine or whatever posted are nice too, but we've never been a traditional team, we're not from the 70s. Though Dallas wasn't either and now they have the traditional look so what do I know.

BK Avs

Nov 29, 2008
Brooklyn, NY

I, too, have been lurking for awhile....and I too absolutely love this concept. The home and away are just about perfect, though I am a lover of the yeti foot logo, so throw that on the shoulder. For the third, I'd like a little more variance, and I'm also a big fan of the slanted "COLORADO". I'm in the major minority, but I'd love a third that features the yeti foot!

Snow Monster

Jun 15, 2013
I, too, have been lurking for awhile....and I too absolutely love this concept. The home and away are just about perfect, though I am a lover of the yeti foot logo, so throw that on the shoulder. For the third, I'd like a little more variance, and I'm also a big fan of the slanted "COLORADO". I'm in the major minority, but I'd love a third that features the yeti foot!

Thanks, I'm happy you like them. I'm still tinkering around with 'em, so I may end up with something along the lines you suggested. I also like the yeti foot, but now that Howler is gone the logo doesn't really serve much of a purpose anymore. I might put them back on for the sake of tradition since the Avs have always worn that logo. The yeti foot is a hard logo to use as a primary and I don't think it quite suits my set. The diagonal COLORADO is a maybe. However, I don't think it is necessary to post every little update to a concept, so it may be a little while before I show off the revised version.

yikes no, those look like rip offs of the new jets

Your a funny guy. I don't know if you're referring to my concept or the ones by Scott D (it sounds like you might be referring to mine), but that's a really far stretch for either of them. I for one didn't even think of the Jets when designing my uniforms. Here's something for comparison.

Jets02.png

I think that's even funnier than comparing my concept to the Mighty Ducks jerseys! If you don't like my concept that's ok, everyone has different tastes, but don't call them Jets ''rip-offs'' when they aren't even that similar.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
yikes no, those look like rip offs of the new jets

I'm not seeing it, personally. So far, I think Snow Monster's concept has been among the better ones, with some minor tweaks (mainly not needing two-tone blue on the 3rd) and they would be, in my opinion of course, perfect.

Of course, we'll not know until later this offseason what the real plans are, more than likely there won't be anything groundbreaking, but hopefully a full redesign can happen at some point.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Probably posted somewhere already but I really don't want to go through the thread so I'll post it here. What do you guys think of this one?

1006-justincox-col1.png

It's from here: 5 NHL TEAMS THAT NEED NEW UNIFORMS IN 2015

The burgundy/purple (or whatever the hell that is) definitely needs to go but I didn't think the concept was that bad.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I don't mind the more exotic arm striping but the striping on the top of the white jersey is a little much, just one stripe there would suffice. I don't mind if they remove the foot to put something more Colorado centric there. Otherwise, its not my favorite concept but I don't mind it.

Snow Monster

Jun 15, 2013
Personally I don't like those, no offense to the creator. Too many stripes and i don't like the shaped yoke. If the black stripes on each jersey were removed, and the rest matched the color/order of the old jerseys, remove the pant stripes, then that might work.

No offense taken, to each his own. However, too many stripes?! There's only three on each arm and the hem on the primary set and only two on the alternate.

I don't get why everyone wants to eliminate black from the color scheme The whole point of my concept was to work black into BOTH the home and away sweaters. Now maybe the pants could do without the striping, but it seemed to unify the whole set better. The uniforms looked more like a coherent set when the colors are working together. As great as the old jerseys were, they didn't match. Black wasn't really used in the white jersey except in the numbers and lettering on the back. On the other hand, silver/grey wasn't really used in the dark sweaters except on the socks. This concept matches everything up without changing the color palette.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->