GDT: The Rat Gets His Game|CBJ vs Bruins|Game 4 Series 2|5-2-19 7:00 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
They did fine against Tampa and in the first games they play this series. Wennberg cant even control the puck in the offensive zone. When was the last time he even had a shot on goal? Let's get real here.

This certainly isn't Torts' view or he wouldn't have taken them out of the lineup. I also thought they were much less effective this round (prior to any play with Wennberg).

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Nash was out and they had to ice a center. There wasn't a choice
Let’s be honest , Foligno , Is worlds better than Wennberg at center ice , and he doesn’t neuter his line mates in the process . Sedlak would be a better option as well. Wennberg is afraid to possess the puck , shouldn’t see the ice the rest of the series . Also , enough with this nonsense that the series is too heavy for Texier , Dzingel . Not every player has to play a heavy game , besides , we are playing right into Boston’s strength trying to our hit them . We have 7 players over 20 goals , but Torts is resigned to playing 2.5 lines for the series , with a Heavy dose of Dubinsky , Jenner .

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Wennberg was given a chance to show what he can do when reinserted. Sadly he’s been the same Wennberg we suffered thru all year. There’s no need to see any more.
There really hasn't been for about a year.

Buy the bum out at 1/3rd. He'll get a 1 year $1 million "prove it" deal from someone. Or go to Europe.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
This certainly isn't Torts' view or he wouldn't have taken them out of the lineup. I also thought they were much less effective this round (prior to any play with Wennberg).
Missing the point. Everyone is less effective with Wennberg in the offensive zone.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
What is the real answer here? Is he available? ****, what about Robinson?

Why did Boll skate in a 4th line role the other day at practice? (this happened right?)

I thought that was really bizarre. That seemed to indicate those guys (Hannikainen, Sedlak, Robinson) have no shot of drawing in, barring two injuries. It’ll be two of Wennberg, Dzingel and Texier in (with one sitting in normal circumstances) and all three in if someone’s injured.

Reactions: majormajor

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Except for the 1 toolbag in the arena who screamed "red wings suck" during it. Sometimes people in Columbus embarrass me.

I heard him....he was decidedly not included. There's always one in the crowd (or multiples in Philly). I've been to Nationwide a couple times and I thought the fans were great.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
That’s true to a point. Nash was skating on a wing with Jenner at center and Dubi on the other side. Right? I already can’t remember the groups from the Lightning series. Was Foligno centering Texier and someone?

I think the lines were

Panarin - Dubois - Atkinson
Dzingel - Duchene - Bjorkstrand?
Texier - Foligno - Anderson
Jenner - Dubinsky - Nash

I think that was it. That was definitely better than the current 3-line setup that wears the team out after 40 minutes. Though I would keep Bjorkstrand with Panarin.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I think the lines were

Panarin - Dubois - Atkinson
Dzingel - Duchene - Bjorkstrand?
Texier - Foligno - Anderson
Jenner - Dubinsky - Nash

I think that was it. That was definitely better than the current 3-line setup that wears the team out after 40 minutes. Though I would keep Bjorkstrand with Panarin.

Yeah it’s hard to believe dubbing Tex out and then Nash made that much havoc.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Yeah it’s hard to believe dubbing Tex out and then Nash made that much havoc.

It didn't have to. You could still have had something like this:

Panarin - Dubois - Bjorkstrand
Dzingel - Duchene - Atkinson
xxxx - Foligno - Anderson
Jenner - Dubinsky - xxxx

I of course prefer Sedlak and Hannikainen for those open spots, but that's besides the point.

It was Torts decision to break up the Foligno-Anderson combo that left us with only 3 lines.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I love Torts but if there's 1 thing I have issue with (on "occasion") it's his lineup decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad