GDT: The Rat Gets His Game|CBJ vs Bruins|Game 4 Series 2|5-2-19 7:00 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Series is over.

Duchene was invisible tonight.

Bob has should save the first 2 goals with his eyes closed.

Cam and PLD have yet to make a single appearance all playoffs.

Clendenning/Harrington/Kukan is a mediocre ECHL blue line.

AZRoadRunner

CBJ Tucson
Mar 29, 2014
Arizona
I forget the stat but I believe it’s very high that winner of game 5 in a 2-2 series usually wins the series over 70% of the time. Or something like that.
It's about 80%. Statistically, not looking good for the Jackets - if they lose Game 5. I'm also afraid that Boston has their mojo going now.

NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs, Historical Data | Hockey-Reference.com

OTOH, the Bruins won Game 4 in Toronto to tie their 1st round series at 2 games apiece. Then they lost Game 5 at home....but, defying the odds, they stormed back to win Games 6 and 7 to take the series.

The Jackets aren't out of it.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Series is over.

Duchene was invisible tonight.

Bob has should save the first 2 goals with his eyes closed.

Cam and PLD have yet to make a single appearance all playoffs.

Clendenning/Harrington/Kukan is a mediocre ECHL blue line.

Please.

Just no.

Guys! We are better than this.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
This game was a character builder.... The CBJ got spanked tonight... a good ole big brother smack down....

Question is, will the CBJ turtle in Boston or be a man???

I want CBJ coming home up 3-2... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do it!!!

Its time #CBJ !!!!!!!!!!!!

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Guys! This was the first bad game since f***ing mid Match or so.

Torts is a good shrink. It will be fine.

Relax and good night.

Reactions: The Bread Man

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I'd put it like this. You may not win rolling 4 lines but you definitely won't win running 2.5. Just not sustainable.
Yup . It’s like everyone here ha totally forgot how we beat Tampa . Not every player has to be a heavy player . Let Tex , Dzingel , Bjork play their game , and let Boone , Anderson , Foligno , Dubi , play their game . We are getting caught up in trying to make this a toughness series . We were totally distracted in getting retribution tonight , instead of playing our game . Problem may be that the players may need to win this series in spite of Torts coaching .

I’m betting Nutivaara is back Saturday . They probably have been overly cautious with having the 2-1 lead going into tonight . He will make a huge difference . I also think Garikov needs to play .

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Got dominated tonight, lost count of stupid penalties they took

Torts better make a few line up changes or get a tee time

If Nash was only to miss this 1 game that would be huge

Kukan and Clendening were ECHL level tonight

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Yup . It’s like everyone here ha totally forgot how we beat Tampa . Not every player has to be a heavy player . Let Tex , Dzingel , Bjork play their game , and let Boone , Anderson , Foligno , Dubi , play their game . We are getting caught up in trying to make this a toughness series . We were totally distracted in getting retribution tonight , instead of playing our game . Problem may be that the players may need to win this series in spite of Torts coaching .

I’m betting Nutivaara is back Saturday . They probably have been overly cautious with having the 2-1 lead going into tonight . He will make a huge difference . I also think Garikov needs to play .
Yeah... we are not using our speed at all other than Bread.... We can skate circles around them if allowed....

F the 1-2-2.....

2-2-1..... Bob can handle that.

Reactions: CBJ VGK

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
It’s not an over reaction if you knew the result before the puck was dropped. Jackets have better players sitting out then who are dressed.

Lines were a disaster before they were rolled out. Torts should have 0 loyalty to the bottom of the blue line, yet he keeps a potential top 4 guy in the pressbox.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
6 penalties

5 of them totally unnecessary, none of them stopping a scoring opportunity, just f***ing dumb.

the last one Dubois took was irrelevant, the game was over

10 minutes short handed for stupidity

Biggest game in the Organizations history and they come out and do this Dog Crap

the more things change............

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Well there are a lot of shortcomings tonight I guess I’m more optimistic than many on this board. We played a good first two periods except for the penalties. The second was hard hitting yet wide open at times, allowing us to use our speed. Frankly that period would have allowed Dzingel and Tex to be in favorable ice.

If a couple of guys can step up (Cam, Andy) and Torts lightens the load for the top D pair, and Bob stays solid things should be good (I know Kukan had a tough game, but he was solid in the first 3 and this ECHL comparison is nonsense). One caveat - we must stay out of the box).

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Jackets odds of winning this series is now 10% at best

Nutivaara isn't the answer if he is ready

He's not physical enough and would get killed

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
No time to sulk. 2-2 is fine, basically should have been expected.

Best of 3... get a big win there on Saturday night and ride the flow of the crowd here on Monday night.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

CBJ VGK

May 19, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
It's now a three game series..... CBJ are young Broons not so much...

The best goalie will win this thing!!!!
Unfortunately, it sure as hell didn't look like that in the 3rd period. Bruins had no quit. We were gassed.
So much for all the energy carried over from the sweep.

This has all the makings of the Caps series last year. Lose a close one Saturday (maybe OT), get steamrolled on Monday. To the eventual Cup Champs. Again.

Reactions: MFRONE

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Jackets odds of winning this series is now 10% at best

Nutivaara isn't the answer if he is ready

He's not physical enough and would get killed
Dude , why follow the team ? 2 -2 series against the 2nd best team in the league , and you give us a 10% shot ? Surely you don’t really believe what you typed ?

Reactions: majormajor

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I be read multiple posters say we looked dead tired at the end. Then posters are clamoring for 1/3 of the guys to be benched and that’s doesn’t include the guys Torts basically benched.

Our best players play their best when they still have legs under them. Torts lacked trust in too many players tonight leading to a lethargic last 8-10 minutes.

Reactions: majormajor

ScreamingWild

Jobu Mojo
Oct 4, 2006
Ontario
Dude , why follow the team ? 2 -2 series against the 2nd best team in the league , and you give us a 10% shot ? Surely you don’t really believe what you typed ?
I agree that 10% is unrealistic but I do expect a significant drop in their odds. MoneyPuck predictions is an interesting site for tracking the day to day.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
It was quite satisfying seeing PLD throw around Patrice Bergeron. The power center game he's trying to impose on is quite impressive considering how young he is, and you have to like seeing him knock a fallen Bergeron into Rask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->