The Rangers toughest player is.......

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I'm kind of looking at what some of the heavier teams around the league do----because it's very much about hitting and physical play but they also back it up with guys who fight well and usually these guys can also fit into other roles. Boston would be an example--Vegas and Washington would be others and Tampa Bay for sure now--adding Maroon, Goodrow, Coleman and Schenn pretty much in one year.

Strange rebuild.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Well, the Canes just picked up Cedric Paquette for Dzingle, who couldn't find a spot in the top six for the Canes. That dude is hard to play against and has been part of a championship team. He isn't going to fill up the net, but we need a heavy guy who is a pain in the ass to play against. Could have been had for next to nothing.

I wanted him when the Bolts were dumping salary. underrated player in my opinion.

pjzabo

May 3, 2007
Can we do best dancer next? What's the point of this?
My point is this team really has no grit, no fire. By toughest I didn't necessarily mean best fighter, sure I meant physically tough, willing to give and take hits and go to the dirty parts of the ice. We avoid that part of the rink, we look for that extra pass always, we rarely drive the net. I also mean mentally tough - having an attitude to bring the best effort every night and accept nothing else from yourself and your teammates. But that gets back to leadership right? Which this team clearly lacks. It is a culture thing as much as a roster/coaching thing.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Why do we always default to "MOAR PUNCHING!!!" every time we suck at hockey?

In our last 2 games we have 4 fights and 2 goals.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Why do we always default to "MOAR PUNCHING!!!" every time we suck at hockey?

In our last 2 games we have 4 fights and 2 goals.
Again, it's more about desire to get to the tough areas and compete nonstop for 60 mins. I think when people say toughness we aren't referring to a bottom six of Colton Orr's to watch UFC on ice for 60 mins. We want guys that compete and will outwork you to the core for an entire game and play in the paint and be a tough team to play against. People just don't get it. You can't be all finesse, all fluff, no sandpaper or will to compete/get to the tough areas. You will never ever win a Cup that way.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Again, it's more about desire to get to the tough areas and compete nonstop for 60 mins. I think when people say toughness we aren't referring to a bottom six of Colton Orr's to watch UFC on ice for 60 mins. We want guys that compete and will outwork you to the core for an entire game and play in the paint and be a tough team to play against. People just don't get it. You can't be all finesse, all fluff, no sandpaper or will to compete/get to the tough areas. You will never ever win a Cup that way.
People in this thread are talking specifically about fighting. We're actually pretty good at that.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Gotcha. I'd rather be built like Tampa in terms of a scrappy bottom six than a team of goons punching skulls in. Killorn, a Coleman, Maroon, Goodrow, etc.
I think we would use some of that but acquiring players isn't going to move the needle unless they're put into a dump-and-chase, puck support system. We don't do that. We also don't cheat for high-danger chances like AV's teams did. I don't know what we do!

Reactions: Anthony5967

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
I think we would use some of that but acquiring players isn't going to move the needle unless they're put into a dump-and-chase, puck support system. We don't do that. We also don't cheat for high-danger chances like AV's teams did. I don't know what we do!
It's like being on asphalt or a tennis court with your buddies playing 3 v 3. Just do whatever the hell you feel like!

Reactions: Machinehead

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
I've said it before, it's Chel with humans.

You can't cycle in that game, the physics engine doesn't support it!
They ruined the gameplay for me. I don't know if it was because I didn't play for a couple of months but headed back on there recently and it sucked. Can't understand why on the PP when you don't have the puck how the opposition can play keep away for the entire PP, too. That doesn't happen in real life.

Reactions: Machinehead

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
They ruined the gameplay for me. I don't know if it was because I didn't play for a couple of months but headed back on there recently and it sucked. Can't understand why on the PP when you don't have the puck how the opposition can play keep away for the entire PP, too. That doesn't happen in real life.
Yeah, exactly. The game doesn't have real special teams. It's the same game except they have one less guy; that never actually happens.

Reactions: Anthony5967

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Let's not move the goalposts. Your first post in this thread, you were mad that Kreider didn't win his fight by enough.

Read again teacher "Zibby gets hit right from the outset, a clean shoulder hit" and then i got into Kreider. This team doesn't hit, play the boards hard or defend one another and i've been saying this since early last year. This team wants to skate and when the ice shrinks they can't execute.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Read again teacher "Zibby gets hit right from the outset, a clean shoulder hit" and then i got into Kreider. This team doesn't hit, play the boards hard or defend one another and i've been saying this since early last year. This team wants to skate and when the ice shrinks they can't execute.
I read it again and it still seems like the issue is that Kreider didn't do well enough in the fight.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Kreider-did you see how he swung his purse during that fight last night??was really impressive

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
Ever? Joe Kocur.
Honorable mentions. Barry Beck, Chris Nilan, George McPhee, Darren Langdon.

Softest. Tom Peanut Poti and Willie Huber. Have to put Jeff Bloomberg in there too. But thats just his religious anti fighting beliefs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->