The Quebec Nordiks announce their withdrawal

Status
Not open for further replies.

QcS

Sep 13, 2003
au Québec!
Visit site
this probably signifies the end of the league. The Nordiks seemed like the most serious team of them all, and were the only ones who had everything together and were to be ready for the new season.

They probably just decided to cut their losses realizing that the league was gonna fold.

Vic Rattlehead*

So wait. There is still Halifax, Dallas, Detroit, and Florida? I'm confused. :amazed:

Verbal Kint*

I realize its a stupid question but what happened to the Toros? Could they not get a lease on an arena? I can't find anything about their withdrawl on this board.

Vic Rattlehead*

Maple Leafs Forever said:
I realize its a stupid question but what happened to the Toros? Could they not get a lease on an arena? I can't find anything about their withdrawl on this board.
Ya, they couldn't get a place to play.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Why do people keep mentioning Florida? I thoughtthat the ownership group never got it together and that originally it was only going to be a 5 team league (Dallas, Detroit, Halifax, Vancouver, Quebec)

Papa Smurf

Jun 9, 2004
Oshawa, Ontario
garnetpalmetto said:
Why do people keep mentioning Florida? I thoughtthat the ownership group never got it together and that originally it was only going to be a 5 team league (Dallas, Detroit, Halifax, Vancouver, Quebec)

Orlando and jacksonville never got their asses in gear.

Meatwad

Feb 17, 2004
Vancouver
The ones organizing this joke of a hockey league never had their asses in gear to begin with. They werent set on making a competative hockey league but merely a league the NHL could assimilate again and the owners of the WHA walk away with cash.

Verbal Kint*

swedish meatball said:
Why does it seem like all "hockey-lovers" on the board seem to want the WHA to fail?
A) It takes quality players and splits the league.
B) It is run horribly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad