OT: The Quarantine Canteen Jukebox AKA The Music Thread - III

Status
Not open for further replies.

aguineapig

One of the first Metal records was recorded in 1970, but never released. Randy Holden had left another Heavy band, the Blue Cheer and wanted to go even heavier. He was sponsored by Sunn amps, but the money ran out before he could release it. It was a bootleg for years before finally being issued in the 2000's

He was originally into Surf, Dick Dale was his influence in early 60's

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
One of the first Metal records was recorded in 1970, but never released.

He was originally into Surf, Dick Dale was his influence in early 60's

interesting...never heard of Randy Holden & heavy metal in the early 1970s is weird lol. I was never a big Heavy Metal band fan. I did enjoy this song. Are you able to share some of his early surf?

Reactions: WestCoastBruinsFan

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
interesting...never heard of Randy Holden & heavy metal in the early 1970s is weird lol. I was never a big Heavy Metal band fan. I did enjoy this song. Are you able to share some of his early surf?

was dragged to a Motorhead show, not typically my cup of tea but shocked myself by enjoying it far more than I anticipated. I love when they cover others, once they do, that song now belongs to (or used to belong to) Motorhead

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
was dragged to a Motorhead show, not typically my cup of tea but shocked myself by enjoying it far more than I anticipated. I love when they cover others, once they do, that song now belongs to (or used to belong to) Motorhead

Hadn’t heard that MH cover before. Nice metal cover of Bowie’s haunting classic.

I will say, though, that I came to like Sepultura’s version of Motörhead’s “Orgasmatron” more than the original, so MH both “taketh and giveth away”
:D

Reactions: ODAAT

aguineapig

Not a big Metal man either, but with five older brothers and one sister, heard everything from Bobby Rydell to Riders on the Storm. Here's Randy Holden's Surf band, the Fender IV

Movie track, they weren't the band in the movie scene but his song.

He joined Blue Cheer in 68 and after a tour went into the studio. But after cutting half the album he quit. So the New and Improved third album had one lineup on one side, and a different line up on the other. One of his.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gErtzGWjCOA

Reactions: Blowfish

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Not a big Metal man either, but with five older brothers and one sister, heard everything from Bobby Rydell to Riders on the Storm. Here's Randy Holden's Surf band, the Fender IV

Movie track, they weren't the band in the movie scene but his song.

He joined Blue Cheer in 68 and after a tour went into the studio. But after cutting half the album he quit. So the New and Improved third album had one lineup on one side, and a different line up on the other. One of his.

Thanks for sharing...Love the surf sound. No social distancing in the secound video. LOL

aguineapig

Who played for the Bruins, Celtics and Red Sox? Organist (the late great) John Kiley. Who played for the Beatles, Stones, Kinks, Who, Jeff Beck, Steve Miller, Jerry Garcia, Quicksilver and the Airplane(amongst others)?

Reactions: Agent86 and BMC

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Rediscovering the Flaming Lips of the early 90's. They were absolutely awesome for a while there.

Also, I enjoy how Radiohead just keeps getting better.

Reactions: aguineapig
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad