Prospect Info: The Prospect Thread

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
No one seems to care here but game 5 is tonight in a series tied 2-2.
Just because no one posts about the game, doesn't mean no one cares about it. I've watched every game of the finals, even over some of the SCF games. Also, there isn't any grade A prospects playing on Texas which decreases the level of interest from Stars fans, if Heiskanen were playing it would be a much different story. The Marlies have Dermott and Liljegren, which are extremely hyped by Leafs fans, so there tends to be interest by Leaf fans because of them and the other number of prospects on the Marlies. Not to mention the number of Leaf fans especially on this board and in general out number Stars fans by a large margin, which can project different levels of interest.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Just because no one posts about the game, doesn't mean no one cares about it. I've watched every game of the finals, even over some of the SCF games. Also, there isn't any grade A prospects playing on Texas which decreases the level of interest from Stars fans, if Heiskanen were playing it would be a much different story. The Marlies have Dermott and Liljegren, which are extremely hyped by Leafs fans, so there tends to be interest by Leaf fans because of them and the other number of prospects on the Marlies. Not to mention the number of Leaf fans especially on this board and in general out number Stars fans by a large margin, which can project different levels of interest.

No, I think it’s safe to say nobody cares about the Calder Cup

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
I am on the edge of my seat for next season when these exciting young talents like Travis Morin, Curtis McKenzie, and Mike McKenna are in Dallas with the big club. This run to the Calder Cup is but an appetizer for that bright future in Dallas.

Reactions: eartotheground

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I'm interested, but also realize outside of Hintz, Bayreuther and maybe with some luck Heatherington none will likely have an impact on the big club.

Dickinson I couldn't be any less interested in. Elie is just...nothing.

________

Feb 6, 2006
I'm interested, but also realize outside of Hintz, Bayreuther and maybe with some luck Heatherington none will likely have an impact on the big club.

Dickinson I couldn't be any less interested in. Elie is just...nothing.
Yeah Elie sucks.
Hintz, Gurianov and Bayreuther are the only ones who have NHL talent. * Don't know about Nyberg.
Even if some are very inconsistent especially in Gurianov's case. Gurianov has the raw talent to be a big time player for the Stars in the future, it's just going to come down to if he shoots more, develops the rest of his game, becomes consistent. That ultimately will decide his fate.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Yeah Elie sucks.
Hintz, Gurianov and Bayreuther are the only ones who have NHL talent. * Don't know about Nyberg.
Even if some are very inconsistent especially in Gurianov's case. Gurianov has the raw talent to be a big time player for the Stars in the future, it's just going to come down to if he shoots more, develops the rest of his game, becomes consistent. That ultimately will decide his fate.

Have you been watching the playoffs? Gurianov is awful.. way worse than Elie.

________

Feb 6, 2006
Have you been watching the playoffs? Gurianov is awful.. way worse than Elie.
Gurianov has the raw skill to be a top six NHL player someday, he has no consistency. He's not NHL ready at this point. He needs to get the rest of his game up and use his shot more often. No reason he shouldn't he taking 3-4 shots at least a game.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Gurianov couldn't find himself in the defensive zone the past two games, not sure how he is going to find himself in an NHL game.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
I’d say Elies pretty much reached his ceiling . Guryanov at least has flashes of brilliance.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I assume Denis might just bolt for the KHL if he doesn't make the Stars out of camp this season. Nothing to base that on, just a gut feeling. He can make more money playing in his home country rather than play for "peanuts" in the AHL.

Combine him leaving with the Stars not making the playoffs again, and Nill should be shown the door.

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
i know we all bitch about the guri pick enough but id really like to have been a fly in the room while the stars were on the clock there. Did they always assume he was the guy there? Was there any discussion about Barzal or Connor at that point? Perhaps it was a choice between Guri and some other random guy. It would be real interesting to hear if someday that info slips from someone.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Yes it would be interesting to see if that was taped somehow!

New Stars moving....Gone Guri….hitting theatres this fall.

Elie has hit his ceiling, which is fast and cheap t fourth liner. Many teams need that. Not enough production increase to pay Antoine $2M when it can be had for under $1M. Between him and Gemel Smith, maybe Smith wins on the diversity clause, who knows.

At least we know what Elie is. Not so sure JD and RH will work out as third liners in the NHL, not enough grit. If they aren't quite talented enough for top 2 lines, not sure they make it, unless we have so much talent our third line is also an occasional scoring line.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Starting to really like the tufte pick . From what I seen he stood out the most at development camp and has improved the most each year since being drafted .

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Starting to really like the tufte pick . From what I seen he stood out the most at development camp and has improved the most each year since being drafted .

He will be a NHLer one day, but personally I'd rather have DeBrincat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad