The Prospect Thread III

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

Just because I didn't want to trade him for fantasy doesn't mean he's my boy, haha.

Seriously though, I think he's going to be really good. I just don't think playing him a few times a week and hitting in the bottom third isn't the right thing for his development. I get that he's an upgrade over what they could trot out against righties, and I get that the Dodgers' lineup is really deep. But do you really want him playing a few times a week and that's it? I'd almost rather not play him at all so he possibly doesn't go so long between games. Or even worse, he struggles and loses some confidence.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
What’s the deal with Jasson Dominguez? This kid is a freaking beast, I mean he looks like Aaron Donald and he’s only 17?!?!?

Is this kid the next big thing or he’s just a power hitter that will eventually turn into a stud DH?

darko

Feb 16, 2009
What’s the deal with Jasson Dominguez? This kid is a freaking beast, I mean he looks like Aaron Donald and he’s only 17?!?!?

Is this kid the next big thing or he’s just a power hitter that will eventually turn into a stud DH?

He's 17. Plenty of loud tools including above average speed but again he's 17.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
No downside

2M to sign him so no big deal to club if he doesn't work out

Like buying a $1 lotto ticket with grand prize of $1M

If it hits your thrilled if not you only spent a $1 so no big downside

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
No downside

2M to sign him so no big deal to club if he doesn't work out

Like buying a $1 lotto ticket with grand prize of $1M

If it hits your thrilled if not you only spent a $1 so no big downside

Meanwhile, in Robert Nutting's office...
gXedlky.gif

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Astros sign Pedro Leon to a contract. He'll get a $4 million signing bonus. He was originally was supposed to sign last year but the signing period got pushed back to today. Glad both kept their agreement. Big for Houston since they won't have their 1st and 2nd round picks once again.

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
This year has a potential for a loaded rookie class, especially if Kelenic Gore and Franco get a fair chance. Safe graduation bets include Carlson Mizze Pearson Anderson Sanchez and Randy. Yes the latter three are still specs.

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
definitely was not service time manipulation though, that is all i know.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Not like anyone cares but with the Myles Straw trade, the Astros called up CF Jake Meyers. Don't follow prospects enough so maybe I'm wrong but seemed like he came out of nowhere this season. Let's if he can beat Chas McCormick for the starting CF position.

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
Franco is officially graduated, Adley is #1 on the lists now, my personal pick for the spot would be Julio Rodriguez.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->