The Prospect Thread II (McKay called up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
IMO Alec Brohm is the best bat.

Have doubts about him staying at 3B.
I need him to stay at 3B to consider him above Madrigal and Bart. I like him a lot though. Heard great things about him and Jenista from the Cape last year.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Before I got really into hockey, I was constantly being disappointed by the ULL Ragin Cajuns (still love them).

There's a pitcher from there named Evan Guillory. The most inconsistent player you ever met, but on his good days he is something else. Not a big hype prospect, probability is strongly against him making it, but I strong believe he could be something special.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
1. Mize
2. Bart
3. Madrigal
4. Singer
5. Bohm
6. India
7. Weathers
8. Liberatore
9. McClanahan
10.Kelenic

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Love draft day.

1. Mize
2. Bart
3. Madrigal
4. Singer
5. Bohm
6. India
7. Weathers
8. Liberatore
9. McClanahan
10.Kelenic

Would love if Liberatore fell to the Braves. I've heard them linked to Bohm.

I really hope Mize works out for Detroit.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

I mean, good for him that he wants to pitch in school. But I don't believe that baseball players get full scholarships. And college baseball coaches just want to win, so they'll make you throw 150 pitches if necessary. Or they'll put you back in after throwing 120 pitches and sitting out a two hour rain delay. If I were a high school pitcher that was taken in the first round, there's no way in hell that I'd want to pitch in college baseball.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid

giphy.gif

Well, at least we get the #9 pick in the draft next year I guess.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I mean, good for him that he wants to pitch in school. But I don't believe that baseball players get full scholarships. And college baseball coaches just want to win, so they'll make you throw 150 pitches if necessary. Or they'll put you back in after throwing 120 pitches and sitting out a two hour rain delay. If I were a high school pitcher that was taken in the first round, there's no way in hell that I'd want to pitch in college baseball.
College baseball teams get a set amount of scholarships per year. I think it's around 12 per year and they can use them however they like. But yeah, a full scholarship for baseball is basically unheard of. It's a huge risk, I agree. Could be leaving millions on the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad