The Prospect Thread II (McKay called up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
No idea why he is still in AA at this point. Get him to AAA at least.

Here's the thing, if you keep him down in the minors for the rest of the season - you might as well keep him down in April 2019 for 3 weeks and gain the extra year of control and have him from 2020-2025. So either you bring him up quickly here before the Jays sink out of contention or it's not until late April 2019 in my view.

Yep.

There’s no point in calling him up in my opinion because of the service time thing. I don’t think the Jays will contend for a playoff spot this year, so keeping him down is the right move.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
No idea why he is still in AA at this point. Get him to AAA at least.

Here's the thing, if you keep him down in the minors for the rest of the season - you might as well keep him down in April 2019 for 3 weeks and gain the extra year of control and have him from 2020-2025. So either you bring him up quickly here before the Jays sink out of contention or it's not until late April 2019 in my view.

There's hardly any difference between AA and AAA.

Either way he should be in majors.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Re: Vlad Jr- most of the best prospects never play in AAA because that level is typically filled with career minor leaguers, whereas AA has players with more upside.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Agree.

Skipping AAA is nothing because IMO the jump from AA to majors is the same as AAA to majors.
Yea, for pitchers, I think the AAA jump is more important. But I like supplementing with extended pen time if the guy has the stuff for it instead.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Agree.

Skipping AAA is nothing because IMO the jump from AA to majors is the same as AAA to majors.
Is it? How so? Is it common to skip AAA then?

I'm asking a legit question, not being a smartsss :laugh: I always assumed it was a bigger jump.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Is it? How so? Is it common to skip AAA then?

I'm asking a legit question, not being a smartsss :laugh: I always assumed it was a bigger jump.

AA has tons of highly rated prospects while AAA has some vets / borderline major leaguers. The jump from AA to AAA is minimal. It also depends on the situation. If my team's highly rated pitching prospect dominated AA what purpose would it serve to send him to AAA (say PCL)? Vlad tore up AA, there is absolutely nothing that sending him to Vegas will do for him.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
The biggest jump is from A/A+ to AA. Any prospect that makes a smooth transition to AA has promising future and a good chance of being a major leaguer.

King Mapes

Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Ah okay. It's pretty ridiculous numbers wise but I heard his defence is nowhere near ready so that should be the focus for him.

King Mapes

Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Whitley will be back mid June. How fast do you think he can make it up? He's an incredible prospect think he gets a call this year?

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Little personal draft tidbit.

Top P: Casey Mize
Top Bat: Nick Madrigal
Favorite P: Shane McClanahan
Favorite Bat: Griffin Conine

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
Little personal draft tidbit.

Top P: Casey Mize
Top Bat: Nick Madrigal
Favorite P: Shane McClanahan
Favorite Bat: Griffin Conine
Finally the Draft chatter begins! Being a Tigers fan from abroad, I thrive on any information I can get.

Including this tidbit by MurrayBannerman , Mize obviously is ranked atop by (almost?) every evaluator. While Detroit's system is full of strong RHP, I still hope the Tigers draft him - seems to be a relatively safe pick to become a pretty good starter.

Gruß,
BSHH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->