The Prospect Thread II (McKay called up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
It’s just a hypothetical. It’s obviously not happening. I was just wondering in a vacuum what teams would give up for Vlad Jr.

Understood. I'm just seeing this the same as the "hypothetically, what would it take to get McDavid" threads from a few years ago.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Understood. I'm just seeing this the same as the "hypothetically, what would it take to get McDavid" threads from a few years ago.
Only difference is, McDavid was generational. Vlad is an elite level hitter, perhaps generational. But he doesn't have the defence which does bring him down. Tatis is great at both which is why he is the first guy I'd target and he also has that star name, much like Vlad. If they got Gore, Tatis and Mejia you really think they turn it down? All 3 are top tier at their positions for prospects

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Service time manipulation bullshit is probably gonna keep him from reaching the bigs this year.

They'd have to wait an extra month to call him up next year if they call him up on Sept 1st to avoid burning a year of his clock.

That's really the only thing preventing him from being a big leaguer ATM.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Service time manipulation bull**** is probably gonna keep him from reaching the bigs this year.

They'd have to wait an extra month to call him up next year if they call him up on Sept 1st to avoid burning a year of his clock.

That's really the only thing preventing him from being a big leaguer ATM.
No his defence is. The service time is just a media excuse.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
No his defence is. The service time is just a media excuse.

So you're saying if the glove/position wasn't an issue he'd be in the bigs right now? No, that makes no sense given where the Jays are at as an organization. Why burn a year of his control when you aren't playing for anything? If they were in a pennant or wild card race than it would make sense if you feel he could truly impact the club and maybe put you over the top.

Reactions: Marc the Habs Fan

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
To manipulate his service time to get that extra year, they have to keep him under 172 days in the Majors for this year and next year, so 171 like the Cubbies did with Bryant.

If they call him up September 1st and keep him til season's end, they'd burn 30 of those 171 days. That means they'd have to wait until end of May to call him up as opposed to end of April to begin next season to keep him under 172 days.

It's a shitty and unethical thing that teams can exploit but having him for that extra year could be crucial in the Jays possibly winning a world series even though it robs fans of seeing a young star who's ready to perform in the major leauges.

Reactions: Nullus Reverentia

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010

7drHiqr.gif

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
For a second there I read Julio Urias and was wondering how the Padres poached a top pitching prospect, because that team really needs any kind of good pitching.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Thank god Rockies are done playing this team for the year

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Don't know anything about NFL draft and where he's supposed to go but if he goes in 1st round then football makes more sense financially.

@Gene Parmesan

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Don't know anything about NFL draft and where he's supposed to go but if he goes in 1st round then football makes more sense financially.

@Gene Parmesan
I believe his guarantee would be higher if he gets picked anywhere around the early to mid 2nd round. For context Lamar Jackson got picked late first round last year and got 8 million guaranteed. Still think on the whole though if you have to choose between Baseball and Football the smarter decision in the long run would be baseball. His life though.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
https://www.tsn.ca/report-clemens-son-alleges-brutal-bar-beating-1.1249920

Well that's interesting.

The pair claims that they were at the bar ordering their first drink of the night when they were asked by bouncers to vacate the spot in which they were standing. The lawsuit alleges that even though they complied with the request, the bouncers bloodied the bar with Capel incurring a fractured skull and Clemens sustaining an injury to his throwing arm.

Who to believe, I wonder? According to Clemens, they were asked to move, politely moved, and then promptly got their asses kicked.

Wonder if there might be more to the story here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad