The pronunciation of Oesterle?

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I do Oh-Ster-Lay, but I'm definitely wrong and I just do it because when I first read his name, I thought of Eberle and went from there.

Last edited:

Oi'll say!

Read this now!
Nov 18, 2002
Oil in 9
Visit site
I can't believe seachd never posted here yet. He's pretty much the official pronunciation guy for hfoil.

Diamondillium - nice avatar. Archer is the only show that I've really watched since Friends ended lol. I watch a bit of mr d too, but Archer is tha MAN!

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
I can't believe seachd never posted here yet. He's pretty much the official pronunciation guy for hfoil.

Diamondillium - nice avatar. Archer is the only show that I've really watched since Friends ended lol. I watch a bit of mr d too, but Archer is tha MAN!
Haha well it's an "English" name (and by that in an NHL context I mean the name of a North American English speaker) based on a European name and those are the toughest to guess at. The correct way is however he says it, which I haven't heard.

For the first syllable I could see "ohst", "ost" or even "est", but I really doubt it would be "oost". The last syllable could be either "lee" or "lay". In any case, it's all familial preference, as neither syllable is pronounced as it would be in the original German/Czech.

Oi'll say!

Read this now!
Nov 18, 2002
Oil in 9
Visit site
Haha well it's an "English" name (and by that in an NHL context I mean the name of a North American English speaker) based on a European name and those are the toughest to guess at. The correct way is however he says it, which I haven't heard.

For the first syllable I could see "ohst", "ost" or even "est", but I really doubt it would be "oost". The last syllable could be either "lee" or "lay". In any case, it's all familial preference, as neither syllable is pronounced as it would be in the original German/Czech.
Ta-da! That's our official answer then lol. Thx seachd!

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
The original german version no english speaker would be able to properly pronounce.

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
The "O" is silent.

It sounds like EASTER-lay.

Kind of like easterly, but with more stress on the "A" vowel at the end.

Just kidding... I have no clue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad